Cutting back!!! Help needed

Hi i have been on every diet going and i am fed up of being obssessed with food. Thinking whilst having my tea what im having the next day its really getting me down. Has anyone just cut back for 2 days a week like a snack and evening meal and ate normal the rest of the week. But without counting calories??

Or even tried eating 2 meals a day. Any advice is welcome. I currently go slimming world but i am such a compulsive eater i binge when i no i carnt have something but seem to find mini fast easy but i dint want the strictness becasuse it makes me self sabotage

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P5210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi I am just starting calorie counting and think its the best way. However I do find at the weekend a late breakfast and good meal in the evening seems to work. I found before when I calorie counted I could remember the calories in things so it wasn't too much of a burden.

I make a lot of meals from the Hairy Dieters etc so already counted for you

If you overeat on calorie counting you can just cut back for the rest of the day or regain the calories over the week.

Slimming World is too liberal for me

Hope calorie counting works for you

Good luck
Faye x

Thanks :) i had that book for xmas but havnt looked at it yet i will defo try a few recipies from tgere. Thats true with calorie counting i think it is probably the best way too thinking about it. How much have you lost if you dont mind me asking xx

I think that logging everything on My Fitness Pal (which you can do easily on your phone) has worked best for me... I am logging food all day so I can keep track and know what I've got left to play with for my evening meal. I have got into the pattern of sticking to a certain number of calories during the day so I am familiar with what snacks I can have etc. as I've got into a routine. As for evening meals - I think if you have at least 10 up your sleeve which you enjoy and having already worked out the calories for then you will be able to alternate between them. I've also bought the hairy bikers diet book and it's very good!

I have thought about doing the 5:2 but similar to you I know how easily I can sabotage myself and I know that on the non-fast days I would get silly so I think calorie counting works best for me as it's consistent and its more about a lifestyle change as well. I go out to eat maybe once a week but make sensible choices and stick to low carb food as well.

Getting started is the hardest bit and I found it really emotional but once I got through the first month and saw the results and knew I was on the right track it was enough to keep me going. And believe me I still get low moments where I think I'll not get there but all I need to do is remind myself how unhappy I felt when I was 3 stone heavier. The mental strength is sooo important and I totally relate to what you're saying about sabotage etc, been there many times when I did Slimming World a few years ago.

Last edited:
I definitely struggle with prescriptive diets! I'm hoping calorie counting will work but it's difficult. I feel like I don't really know what I'm doing. And I go out for meals with friends ... a lot! I don't want to destroy my social life but I want to lose weight. hmm

Im still toying with the idea of 5:2 calorie counting or sw. I think i need to stop messing around and stick to a plan. The last 2 weeks iv really stuck to calorie counting/sw i have been between 1300 and 1600.

Its great hearing all your different journeys. Xx

Honestly, I would not restrict to less than 3 meals a day at all!

I decided to start losing weight and so cut out snacks, unhealthy food and sugary drinks. Long story short I later cut out lunch, and then breakfast, and then half of tea. I eventually was diagnosed with anorexia. I'm not at all suggesting this could happen for you, not one bit, but I just want you to understand the dangers of calorie counting and restricting. You are beautiful, and the best way to shed those extra pounds is to eat generous portions of healthy foods, including all te categories.

This, combined with exercise will give you that slim figure without looking ill, and will happen at a healthy rate, so your metabolism won't be affected :)

Hi I've found calorie counting to be the best way for me, my fitness pal is great for keeping a track and also if ur unsure if cals for something 9 out of 10 times you can find it on the app xxx

Calorie counting with my fitness pal has been great for me too, it helps me plan ahead too and makes me think twice about just opening the biscuit tin - everything counts so you've got to make it count! 2 apples = 1 chocolate bar (approx) so I know which would be more filling and makes it easier to decide what to have x

Back