• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Total Solution Cutting out the Lembas Bread

Ellembas

S: 21st1lb C: 19st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 40.8 Loss: 1st5lb(6.44%)
Hola!
My name is Elle and I am a serial dieter.

I have been overweight my entire life. Victim of yo-yo dieting and ultimately, yo-yo failing.
In 2014 I seized control and started the CWP, dropping 90lbs in 6.5 months.
In May 2015 my partner and I found out I was pregnant (hooray!) and I had to immediately stop the plan.

Going from a 600 calorie diet back up to a 2000+ calorie diet in the space of a week took its toll, and I immediately started to pile on the pounds. Once I was off there was no stopping me. Chocolate, crisps, takeaways. My partner eats whatever he likes whenever he likes and never puts on a single pound, and so I practically matched his diet and now I'm paying the price for it.

When my little one was 2 months old I decided to start Slimming World. I joined Minimins, posted in threads and stuck to plan. It worked for me for a while but the results have been slower than I liked and I missed the success of a VLCD, but I didn't think I could afford to go back to it... and then I found Exante and their deals which came to about 1/4 of the price I was previously paying.

So. I've ordered two months worth of products on 3 items a day and plan on doing total solution with no extras. I know I can do it, I've done it before. As you all know, it's getting passed those first few days and then it's plain sailing.

Let's do it. ;)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Ellembas

13th of April - DAY ONE
  • 15st 5.6lbs
So, there's no time like the present to start!
Today it all begins for me. I go back to work on the 28th of this month as the man is taking the last 2 months of my Maternity as Shared Parental Leave.
It's sitting around in the house for the next two weeks I'm worried about. When I did a VLCD previously I lived on my own and I was always at work so I'd come home and there would be nothing but my products in the cupboard, and usually I'd be too knackered to even think about cheating anyway.
Now I'm on maternity, I'm in the house all day and since my partner and I have moved in together the cupboards are full of chocolate and crisps.
My biggest weakness is a crisp and mayo sandwich (I know it's gross, don't judge me haha!) and I have to convince myself that this is far more important.

I know from past experiences I do better with holding off on my first pack of the day for as long as possible. So it's noon and I've just had breakfast.
I'm already impressed with it. It didn't have the aftertaste I was expecting and just tasted like, well, porridge. If it's all like this, life will be a lot easier than I thought.

Fingers crossed.

womble35

S: 18st4.8lb C: 15st4.7lb G: 12st8.4lb BMI: 36.8 Loss: 3st0.1lb(16.39%)
My biggest weakness is a crisp and mayo sandwich (I know it's gross, don't judge me haha!)
OMG that sounds delicious.

Welcome, and good luck with your first week!

sybersadie

Silver Member
S: 12st3lb C: 11st4lb G: 8st0lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 0st13lb(7.6%)
I agree Womble, that is def something I would eat!!

Welcome Elle and good luck :)

Ellembas

Thank you!

I always used to get odd looks for that one but I'm sorry, until you've tried cheese and onion crisps on soft white bread with lots of butter and mayo, you haven't lived. (drool)

I suppose that's what got me into this mess in the first place though!

twinmum07

Silver Member
S: 16st0lb C: 13st13.5lb G: 9st12.5lb BMI: 32 Loss: 2st0.5lb(12.72%)
I love crisp sandwiches with tons of lurpak butter - mmmmm!

Good luck with the diet

MrsN

Silver Member
S: 17st13lb C: 17st4lb G: 9st10lb Loss: 0st9lb(3.59%)
Hi there and welcome.
You sound very focused so I'm sure you will be fine!!
Good luck and looking forward to hearing how you get on.

bexster1974

Silver Member
S: 19st3.0lb C: 18st0.0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 43.3 Loss: 1st3lb(6.32%)
Hi and welcome, hope you are getting through these first few days ok x

Ellembas

14th of April - DAY TWO
  • 15st 4lbs
Thank you so much for all of your welcomes. I always find that being accountable makes things so much easier.
Yesterday was great. I was starving of course but just plodding on, that should all fade away once the weekend passes.
I did get a bit dizzy and couldn't see properly when I got out of the car and had to lean forward for a minute but I think maybe I just hadn't drunk enough?

On the bright side though, I enjoyed all three packs. The peanut butter bar tasted much less synthetic than I thought it would and the noodles were delicious, I added some mixed herbs and chilli powder and they didn't even really taste like diet food! I even enjoyed the drinks mix as much as I would a normal glass of cordial so everything is looking good.

I am totally, totally guilty of daily weighing. My scales are in the bathroom so I just can't help myself, and I'm already 1.6lbs down from yesterday morning. I'm hoping for a good day today, just holding out on my first pack until about 1ish :)

paigesmum30

Silver Member
S: 13st3lb C: 13st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi Elle, I'm on day 3 today and feeling very positive about it all. I've just ordered 60 products for £1 each and am tucking into my lunch of indian curry with rice and its lush x

Ellembas

Ooo we're starting together then ;)

I can't believe how many deals exante have. I originally ordered the 100 for £85 and then got an email about the 4 week mix pack for £60 and I can;t remember ever spending that little on a month of normal food so now I have 2 months supply to work through haha. I'm about to have some vanilla cereal for my very late breakfast... Fingers Crossed!

Ellembas

NSV

I totally forgot to mention! I went to poundland today to get some general bits and bobs and Morrisons for some baby stuff and I always always struggle with shopping. Whilst I was off work in my late pregnancy and throughout maternity EVERY time I've gone in to poundland I've bought myself a packet of biscuits or a bag of chocolate because hey, it's only a pound, and then I've stuffed my face.

TODAY I managed to stick to my list and have even bought some chocolate for the other half that I have no intention of touching, he's welcome to it.
That seems really really silly, but I'm proud of myself for it anyway :')

paigesmum30

Silver Member
S: 13st3lb C: 13st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
So you should be! I feel the same when shopping for my daughter and partner, and have bought her favourite biscuits and some crème eggs (I cant eat a box of 6 in one go). I didn't know there was vanilla cereal....whats it like?

Ellembas

Creme Eggs are another weakness of mine. I have eaten an entire pack of the minis and not even blinked before -_-
I always try and remind myself that all that bright packaging is designed to make me want it, and I refuse to let them win. It helps somehow haha

The vanilla cereal was delicious, it may have just taken the spot for my new favourite actually.
It tasted like sugary milk with cornflakes.

S: 15st6.5lb C: 15st0lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 0st6.5lb(3%)
Hey,

Your talk of crisps and mayo sandwich has made me drool * Good luck on your journey, we have a similar start weight and I too am a daily weigher... All good for the first week but I know from previous experience I will live to regret it 2 weeks in! Well done for the list only shop, I am yet to attempt it, putting it off for as long as possible! X

Ellembas

I know. Honestly, there's an open loaf of the man's warburtons in the cupboard and all I want right now is a sandwich.
I am just counting down the minutes til he gets home from work because then I know I can't cheat.
I am going to miss my little one so much but I cannot wait to get back to work because then I'll always have people around me and can't accidentally eat an entire bag of malteasers... If I wasn't so determined to get back to pre-pregnancy weight before my work colleagues see me I would just hold off on starting until I get back.
Ugh, damn these 11lbs!

bexster1974

Silver Member
S: 19st3.0lb C: 18st0.0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 43.3 Loss: 1st3lb(6.32%)
You are doing brilliant, I'm still finding the supermarket hard! I was dizzy/lightheaded for about 10 days but haven't looked back since. I was a daily weigher but had to stop as if those scales didn't move I was going mad especially when they move so much the first week! X

Ellembas

Thank you so much :)

I finished my day off with one of the beef and black bean pots. I didn't like it at all at first but I added some chilli, basil and pepper and let it sit for a few minutes and then it was really good. The man didn't finish work til 7 so he just had a pot noodle when he came home and it felt nice to be eating pretty much the same thing.

He's decided to have ad rink tonight so I'm treating myself to a couple of cheeky vodkas with coke zero.
What do y'all think about alcohol on VLCD? There is a tonne of mixed opinions.
I know its adding calories, but I used to drink copious amounts of vodka and soda water all the time on CWP and it didn't make any difference to weeks that I didn't, but my consultant was always ADAMANT it was a no-no?

twinmum07

Silver Member
S: 16st0lb C: 13st13.5lb G: 9st12.5lb BMI: 32 Loss: 2st0.5lb(12.72%)
I weigh daily too, just to keep myself motivated and help me understand my body better.
With alcohol I am not sure if it is about the calories in it so much as the danger of alcohol in ketosis and having zero tolerance