CW when flying ..... advice please

MandyMoo69

Well I have had my first weigh in and have lost 13lbs :) :) .... well happy. Problem is I have to travel with my work and that means an overnight stay in a hotel after a flight. Does anyone have any suggestions on best way to continue my diet plan whilst away. I cant take the cartons on the palne as they are liquid and over the size and how do I make my shakes up in the hotel ?????? :confused:

PLZZZZZZZ help

You could take bars, and you can buy small hand blenders or cambridge shaker that you could take?! I think the cambridge shaker is about 3-4 pound but would do the trick for one night :)

Thanks I didnt know about the shaker. I will enquire. I dont want to be going off track so early :)

And is a shaker enuf to mix it up ...... i blitz it for about 5mins with the blender the now ha ha

Thanks i am going to get weighed the night before i go so i mite ask about bars. When would u normally get them

Thanks i am going to get weighed the night before i go so i mite ask about bars. When would u normally get them

You mean when are we allowed the bars? Usually on Week 3. But only 1 a day. However, I have had to be away since the start of the diet and there were days when I had 2 bars. Not ideal but better than food :)

Well I have had my first weigh in and have lost 13lbs :) :) .... well happy. Problem is I have to travel with my work and that means an overnight stay in a hotel after a flight. Does anyone have any suggestions on best way to continue my diet plan whilst away. I cant take the cartons on the palne as they are liquid and over the size and how do I make my shakes up in the hotel ?????? :confused:

PLZZZZZZZ help

I travel a lot with work, abroad. Ive just started back last week on CWP and day 1 was a trip to Germany. I did LL a few years ago and stayed on plan 100% despite being away with work every single week without fail - so can be done. So here are my tips.

Put tetras in your suitcase. Exactly how many you need, plus 3, just in case any long flight delays!
Take a shaker, as some have said. I used to take packs to mix up in my hand luggage! Although LL used to give u a letter to take through security explaining what they are and for 'medical reasons' I never needed the letter. Worst case is that you will have to open a pack and they may ask u to lick some of the contents (they do this with baby milk too!). Just so they know nothing bad in it if u prepared to take in fron of them. Plus if really suspicious they can quickly drug test it. It's so so so unlikely but I don't want you to panic! You can buy bottled water once in departure lounge and make a shake, or do it on plane. Ask for water on plane and with the meal, don't fear of saying no. If they look at you funny then just say u on special diet or u not hungry at all.

If client keen for you to eat, then tell them u aren't eating and ur reason! It's YOUR weightloss not theirs, so don't give in cuz you feel bad. You will feel so empowered for being determined. Take leaf tea bags with you. Costa do them anyway at airport.

Oh, I take about 2x 2 litre bottles of water in my suitcase.

Oh - don't forget, buy your water after security check :). Reduce chance of having to do any explaining! Sounds obvious but easy mistake! I've made it once! Forgot about the pesky water bottle in my hand luggage.

Oh - don't forget -shaker goes in your hand luggage.
Sorry if I'm stating obvious, but sometimes when travelling and we are rushing we can forget little details! I've made odd booboo here but got sorted. Oh, wash shaker out in loo if u have to with bottled water, or swig out with bottle water down a drain. So it's ready again for use. I've been known to take tea towel! I've even washed out my shaker outside the colleseum in Rome, down a drain! There is even photo evidence...lol.
You CAN do it!!!! Xx

Well done on your weightloss by the way! That's amazing!!! X

Oh thanks for all your tips folks .... much appreciated. Hopefully the first trip will be the worst and I can be organised for all others

Thanks again :)

You can do it. I did. Are you an auditor? x

Well done on your weightloss by the way! That's amazing!!! X
No im in HR so have to travel round our sites. Often at short notice so i better get the hang of this soon ha ha. Thanx for the tips btw

Back