Step 1 Sole Source Cwp with underactive thyroid

Hi has anyone or is anyone doing the cwp with an underactive thyroid, have started the ss plan 4 days ago and want and need some motivation. Having constantly battled with my weight since having my thyroid out and no diet working I'm hoping this will finally work. Let me know if there's anyone who has completed this diet and lost the weight

Yes, keep going. I have seen posts on here before about people being successful on CD while having an underactive thyroid. Keep positive and keep it up, you are through the worst.

Here to subscribe Hun I have an under active thyroid too xxxxx. Did cd last yr and it worked slower but still worked x

I have an underactivethyroid - I been on this for 6 wks & lost 18 1/2lbs - like you I have struggled with my weight, the more I exercised & dieted with it, the fatter I was getting - but this is the 1st diet I have been successful on since diagnosed. It's defo slower losses than others on here - but better than on other diets.

I find that the coldness we already suffer from gets a lot worse - on the evening when I get tired & hungry'ish then I get freezing - my feet just do not warm up & I can only put it down to this - but worth the cold - I just wear socks to bed now lol. Good luck

Thx for the replies love hearing that this diet has worked. Finding the diet hard at times but reading these really help. Is it hard keeping the weight off. How long have you guys been doing it for.

Is everyone doing the sole source step ? Let me know how you guys are doing being an underactive thyroid woman is so frustrating at times do live to hear all of your progress as we go along x

Is their anyone that has an over active thyroid on the Cambridge diet I do I'm on week three and the pounds don't seem to be moving fast.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

hello i also have an underactive, my loses have been ok to be honest, i lost 23lbs in exactly five weeks so im happy so far. i have how ever come off my meds till i complete this diet as the meds can make you gain weight!!! google it!!xx

Wow, how have you felt since coming off the medal and still doing the diet, I'm going to look into it today I've had my 1st bad day today as its Mother's Day I felt miserable without food today so thought I'd get back on it tomorrow. Let me know how it goes for you

hello i also have an underactive, my loses have been ok to be honest, i lost 23lbs in exactly five weeks so im happy so far. i have how ever come off my meds till i complete this diet as the meds can make you gain weight!!! google it!!xx

Hey Hun what mess are u on!!! Thought its supposed to help ur weight....I'm on thyroxine x

im on 150mg of levothroxine, google them they have been known to make you gain weight, the only good thing about them is they give you energy ect. they do not help with weight. i stopped taking them 6 weeks ago now and my loses have been great. i tried the cambridge diet a few months ago while taking my meds and i was either not loosing or having 1lb loses a week!! so i did alot of research and realised these tablets actually make people crave fatty foods and can make you gain weight even if dieting and exercising, so im going to get to my target then start my meds and eat healthy and eat "what i want" only on a sunday or im going to be big unhappy me forever!! xx

im on 150mg of levothroxine, google them they have been known to make you gain weight, the only good thing about them is they give you energy ect. they do not help with weight. i stopped taking them 6 weeks ago now and my loses have been great. i tried the cambridge diet a few months ago while taking my meds and i was either not loosing or having 1lb loses a week!! so i did alot of research and realised these tablets actually make people crave fatty foods and can make you gain weight even if dieting and exercising, so im going to get to my target then start my meds and eat healthy and eat "what i want" only on a sunday or im going to be big unhappy me forever!! xx

Wow this I never knew!! Gonna have a google myself too!!! What step u on xx

But don't you feel lifeless without your pills? I am only on 50mg levothyroxine and I notice it if I miss 2 days - I get tired & my brain fog gets worse than normal.....if that's possible!

I kind of do but i have been rubbish at taking pills like forever¬!!!!

Im confused!!! I really thought they helped with all aspects of your metabolism..............im on 100ug x

google them they actually make you put loads of weight on!!! i dont feel any diff off mine to be honest xx

yeah this is very true!!!

I've been taking 200mg levothyroxine a day started the diet 2 weeks now, so far lost 6lbs and my 2nd weigh in tomorrow at 4pm I will post how much I have lost ( or haven't) week by week. Let me know how u guys get on.
From tomorrow I'm going to do the diet 100% with the meds , then the following week without and see what the difference is and will let you know.
Also are you all on ss or ss+. I'm currently doing ss

I am doing SS+ 4 shakes a day. I feel a bit scared to stop the meds - the meds don't say they would aid weight loss just bring the thyroid function back in line - coz I was very hormonal before I got diagnosed coz it caused a few things to go off balance as a result of thyroid being under.

I will say my losses haven't been as high as others - maybe because I am not as heavy as other........OR because of my thyroid??

I will be interested to see how you get on by alternating week by week.

Back