CWP Wk 2 and Always Bloated

wintye

Hi all,

I’m back doing the Cambridge weight plan having always given up after a week.

Years ago (and about 3 stone lighter) I did lighterlife for 2 months and lost 2 stone then quit having not completed to goal.

I will have completed 3 weeks today. I started on a Friday and weighed in at the end of the week 8lbs lighter. Great result.

My Cambridge chap and I agreed to change my day to Tuesday and I was happy to go a week and 4 days until I saw him again.

I weighed in this Tuesday just gone and it said I’d only lost 1 lbs. I had felt really bloated for a couple of days but didn’t think it would make much difference to the scales. My CWP chap also thought the scale was wrong and they did weigh him over by 6lbs too. He said the battery maybe going. We also think it could be water retention but I had that the first week and not so much now.

The more I drink (water or shakes) the more bloated I feel. I’ve stuck to the diet religiously. Having 4 shakes (maybe too many chocolate? I have the first in the morning and this bloated me) and 3 litres of water a day. No water flavourings except a golden vegetable every now and then but not much. I’m only 5ft 2” but have 9 stone to lose so it’s really unusual to have only lost so little in week 2. Today is the end of my third week.

I’m now finding myself truly demotivated. Even though in my head I’m screaming ‘you know this works’ I just want to eat.

Also just to add, I have a terribly slow digestive system but have been going at least 6 times a week which is rare for me. Although it could still be constipation.

Please can anyone advise if this is something they have heard of so early on or if it happened to you etc and what happened?

I’m happy to be an open as necessary to find the right answer and support.

Many thanks
Wintye

It could definitely be the scales. Or water retention in this heat. I'm drinking over 4 litres of water as I'm so thirsty. Alternatively if you're carb sensitive that could be the reason as CWP packs now have more carbs in than they used to. You might want to try the TDR packs which are more like the old style packs with less carbs. (depending what plan you're on). You may find you get a big loss next time.

Oh I've just seen you're on 810 plan so you can't do TDR I don't think :( Are you exercising at all?

Oh I've just seen you're on 810 plan so you can't do TDR I don't think :( Are you exercising at all?

Hi,

Thanks for your message. I’ve never heard of TDR, what’s that?

Also I’m on SS not the 810. I’ll have to look at my profile and look to see how to change it.

Ah In that case I would try the TDR as they're lower carbs. They put you into ketosis whereas the standard packs don't. (I'm not on CWP myself now but I was and the packs were too carb heavy for me. I had cravings and really struggled.My BMI was too high to do TDR though so I am on a different plan now, plus I couldn't afford CWP after a few months :( )

Back