Cycling clothing - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by x-Katie-x, 13 January 2008 Social URL.

1. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've joined a cycling team with the aim to doing the Manchester - Blackpool ride in July (arghhh 60 miles). Before now I've only ever been cycling at lunchtime in work (only ever done 6 miles max) and for that I've been wearing jogging bottoms, t-shirt and a hooded jacket. But as from 2nd Feb I join this group and we're meeting every 2 weeks and start off at doing 15 miles we're going to train and work up to the ride.

My problem is where can I buy some cycling clothes in the sizes I need, I've been looking online and am struggling to buy the clothes in larger sizes - some sizes have size 12 as LARGE!!!!

I'm probably about a size 20 now so would hope to be in an 18 by 2nd Feb - so does anyone have any ideas of a good retailer where I can get at the very least a waterproof cycling jacket.

I know I could get one of the mens xxl but I'm only 5' 2" so I don't want it to bury me in length and sleeve etc as I'd struggle to cycle and I think I'll be struggling enough!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ameythist

Ameythist Full Member

Hi Katie
    Aldi is the best for cycling and ski-ing stuff. I pick up all sorts of cycling gear from when I was size 22 down to 14, padded lyra shorts, trainers and jackets etc with little pockets for your drink and the straw curls round to your mouth. All very technical :) but inexpensive and does the job Good luck with your challenge.

4. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Really proud of you Kate, what a challenge - good on you.

Good Luck

5. Amanda34

Amanda34 Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    Decathlon has cheap sports wear for most sports - I got a great cycling jacket there in the summer for £10...and it's goretex. I don't know what size they go up to thou - but if there is one near you, it is worth a look

6. sallies

sallies Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
  7. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks everyone for your messages, help and support --- I think I've found one http://http://www.cycleshopping.co.uk/acatalog/Polaris_Hydrofoil.html It says it's a mans jacket that's been converted to fit women ie they've made the sleeves and the length shorter so it's just what I need.

I've added the links you've all sent me to my faves though for future reference.

Cheers

8. Maffie

Maffie Full Member

Start Weight:
    86.9kg
    Current Weight:
    83.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    3.1kg(3.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Katie I cant pm yet so wnated to ask how this went, ive become quite a keen cyclist in the last few months and its great to another girl localish to me cycling

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.