D day!! First day of the rest of my life....

Today is the first day of the rest of my life....today is the day I start my journey of losing 50lbs!! Alittle apprehensive as I have always loved food and have been overweight for as long as I can remember, but hoPe by doing the lipotrim diet I can change my relatiOnship with food! Wish me luck, think I'm gonna need it! Appointment with nurse this morning....if its anyOne else's first day I'll be interested in sharing the journey with you so we can keep each other and by talking bout lows/highs etc! Good luck. X

Hiya, and really good luck on day one and on your 50lb goal, you are in the right place if you loved food, i am sure we all do, thats why we are here x

Hiya, and really good luck on day one and on your 50lb goal, you are in the right place if you loved food, i am sure we all do, thats why we are here x

Thanks so much for wishing me luck....really want to believe I can do this but it's gonna be tough!! Although you look like you've done amazingly.......if you can give me any advise, tips would be gratefully received!! X

I only started this as a friend of mine did it and had amazing results, for the first few weeks she was on it i just kept saying " You are brilliant, as I know I just couldnt go without food and live on shakes, it really isnt for me" but as her result were so fast I bit the bullet and thought, oh what the hell, have done every other diet why not this one, I thought I would fail, secretly my hubs thought I would last a day if that etc etc, I actually surprised myself, and still surprising myself now to tell the truth. The first week I found a living hell that seemed to last a year, but, like most good intentions its the will to do something and the hope of a great loss that carries you through, but it is hard, the each week you want more and more off, I like many others have had blips, times i have eaten and shouldnt, only a couple thankfully, but it does happen sometimes, if you get straight back on the band wagon then it isnt so bad, but much better if you can do without.
Focus on getting through each day and when you wake up say " well I made it, well done me", some then feel the weeks fly by, I havent but thats just me, the hunger seems to go a bit, but the feeling of just wanting to eat and be normal doesnt tend to so much, especially in a situ when you know you would have a drink/takeaway/meal etc.
If you can make week 1, then only plan week 2 etc, dont look at what you HAVE to lose still, look at how far you have come instead xx

Welcome :) i wish you good luck with your journey x i have been doing it a week and i get weighed today, i havent found it too bad but i think the support from the forum keeps me motivated and im also doing this with my daughter. i wish you luck on your journey and there will always be support on here x looking forward to reaading your journey and losses x :) x

good luck to you and your daughter today Meddy x

Thanks ladies for the advice, more help the easier it will be! It's good to know others love food just as much as me but can manage it!! Haha! Gives me hope! Good luck on your first weigh in meddy!

Welcome Chubbachub and best of luck. Like Dizzy said, the first week is the toughest. I was excited to start the first day, then this excitement turned to grumpiness and the realisation that I wouldn't be eating again or a long time! Jut remind yourself why you are doing this, and once you get through the first week and weigh-in, you'll feel so much better. I'm on Day 14 and have my second weigh in this evening. Can't wait!

I'm not hungry but yes, I still crave food. This is common on this diet I think! I find watching food programmes on tv helps, reading recipe books and even cooking for my family! I know that sounds strange but it really does help.

Oh, and be prepared for dreams where you eat and then wake up in a panic thinking you've cheated!

This is a fantastic forum, so post any time you're feeling down and there will be someone to pick you back up.

GOOD LUCK! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Chubbachub :)

Well done for starting Lipotrim! I still have just over a stone to lose, but since the end of June I've lost roughly the amount that you said you'd like to lose, so you will definitely get there soon! I hope your first week goes well for you and really good luck for your first weigh-in. :)

Thanks guys....day 3 and really struggling tbh!! Find the shakes yucky....have to knock them back so I can't taste them then feel sick after! God knows how people keep on this diet for longer than a week....I've lost 5lbs so far but even that's not giving me the motivation I need!! I've heard day 3 is the worst so let's hope that's right and hopefully I won't be feeling so sorry for myself tomorrow!! X

Well I'm now on day 5 and have to say that I admire anyone that can do this diet long term....I've lost 8lb so far but even that's not enough motivation to carry on next week ATM!!

I only started this as a friend of mine did it and had amazing results, for the first few weeks she was on it i just kept saying " You are brilliant, as I know I just couldnt go without food and live on shakes, it really isnt for me" but as her result were so fast I bit the bullet and thought, oh what the hell, have done every other diet why not this one, I thought I would fail, secretly my hubs thought I would last a day if that etc etc, I actually surprised myself, and still surprising myself now to tell the truth. The first week I found a living hell that seemed to last a year, but, like most good intentions its the will to do something and the hope of a great loss that carries you through, but it is hard, the each week you want more and more off, I like many others have had blips, times i have eaten and shouldnt, only a couple thankfully, but it does happen sometimes, if you get straight back on the band wagon then it isnt so bad, but much better if you can do without.
Focus on getting through each day and when you wake up say " well I made it, well done me", some then feel the weeks fly by, I havent but thats just me, the hunger seems to go a bit, but the feeling of just wanting to eat and be normal doesnt tend to so much, especially in a situ when you know you would have a drink/takeaway/meal etc.
If you can make week 1, then only plan week 2 etc, dont look at what you HAVE to lose still, look at how far you have come instead xx

Dizzy your a total inspiriation.....

Back