Daily weighing in the early weeks

Loser85

Gold Member
Im currently on day 3 and doing ok. Had the usual hunger pangs and could hold a full conversation with my stomach should i so desire.

I've been weighing daily just to see how im doing and as an incentive. According to my scales ive lost 2lbs since Saturday. Im not overly worried as i know consuming only 600 cals and gallons of water i have to lose. Think its the old mentality of worrying about WI's etc. Why do we torture ourselves?!! :brainfart:

Daily weigh ins are a terrible idea! As u say torturing yourself is the best way to describe it. I'm on day 6 and held out to weigh myself on day 4 and I lost 7lb :)
Think 2x a week is a compromise, but daily isn't good at all.

I love daily weigh-ins! :D Loser85 - I think a "whoosh" is heading your way, keep an eye out for it, it will make you smile.....a lot! :D

how about hourly weigh ins LMAO!! I really need to get a grip lol!!xx

hehehe :D

Its all good stuff. I know when I dont weigh, that I am in complete denial about my weight. I only weigh once a day though, first thing after a wee! :D

Well I've done better today, and only weighed 3 time PMSL...replacing one addiction with another lol!! I know all the reasons why I shouldnt but I can't help myself. I think though if I cant stop I will have to ditch the scales.xx

its kinda catch 22 isnt it, if u weigh more than once a week and ur losses are good it spurs u on but if they are not it depresses u. I know I need to only weigh once a week and I will start trying to soon :D xx

dolly_daydream said:
its kinda catch 22 isnt it, if u weigh more than once a week and ur losses are good it spurs u on but if they are not it depresses u. I know I need to only weigh once a week and I will start trying to soon :D xx

So true! Me too I get high when I've lost n depressed if I haven't :-(
Can't win!

Think I'm going to have to get hubby to hide our scales as I'm a 2-3x daily weigher! Really not good! Particularly as I'm now in week 3 the weight loss is likely to be less dramatic so I might find that I get demotivated by no/poor loss daily.

Liking the idea of the photos tho'. I might start doing that when I get into the 16s (embarrassingly, I don't recall when I was last under 16st 4lbs - my lightest weight with LL in 2006)

Cx

think I'm going to do the photo's too...I have one of when I was at my heaviest and the scary thing is I just didnt see myself that way..don't how coz there was enough of me lol...but I just never realised how big I had gotten.xx

I cannot find a foto of me at my start weight, even though I had just had a baby there are bo pictures of me but then I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, camera was bot my friend. Regretting it now as I think it wud b good to boost moral. Despite a lower weight and smaller jeans it is easy to convince self it isn't that much.... X

equally I think its easy to convince yourself you've lost enough, especially wen u have loads to lose, or maybe I am just tough on myself lol!!xx

dolly_daydream said:
equally I think its easy to convince yourself you've lost enough, especially wen u have loads to lose, or maybe I am just tough on myself lol!!xx

Nope, u do this too lol. I have went from 20. 7 stone to 14.7 and I keep trying to convince myself this is okay but its not where u wanna be so I need to keep going lol. Everyday is actually a battle between food and thin! And it doesn't help that for whatever reason I seem to be grumpy this time, I'm sure its the diet... X

lol, you sound like me!! I have also been grumpy on and off the last two days, actually maybe short tempered and I'm not even on the exante yet just using another brand until it arrives.xx

I am quite short tempered! I'm normally quite easy going too. Not just now though.... I hope it passes for the sake of my kiddies :-/

Back