dairy free

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Joellarae, 28 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Joellarae

Joellarae Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    hi just wondering if anyone else is dairy free? its just last time i did slimming world i could have dairy but this time around i cant (long story) and the only difference is i cant have muller lights which in a way i think helped me cos this time it seems to be going so slow and i just want to give up sometimes i was wondering if anyone had any tips? cos im eating lots of free stuff trying to keep my syns down.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Micci

Micci Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    VEGAN SW infuenced by Martha Beck and IOWL
    Hi,

I've been doing SW as a vegan so obviously dairy free, and my losses have been comparable with others. Tips, well apparently Kara the coconut milk replacement is a HEXA and you can have 400 ml which is the most generous AFAIK, this info came from another poster on this forum.

The general advice seems to be to keep your syns up, but it does seem to vary from person to person. Do you do a food diary? Perhaps posting your food here and asking for advice could get some more specific feedback.

Apart from that, all I can say is keep the activity levels up, stick to the plan and it should work. Wishing you well.

4. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Jelly pots instead of yogurts I am 90% dairy free I can have a single yog or a bit of cheese in a day but no milk (drink rice milk as allergic to soy)

Low cal jelly pots are big and half a syn (the sugar free are smaller so i go for the low cal same cals same syns) grown up flavours too like mango and passion fruit and cranberry and raspberry

5. Joellarae

Joellarae Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thank you both will do yes keep a food diary and have been doing alot more activity esp with zumba so hopefully will show. I was thinking jelly would help and give me
    Something else I could eat once again thank you both :D

6. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I love the jellys too they are like sweet so i feel im getting a treat lol

7. trinity_bleu

trinity_bleu Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can you use lactofree products?

I heard a low fat yoghurt and cheese was in development. Fingers crossed! We use lactofree milk across the family and it'd be easier to just buy one type of yoghurt too.

8. bevhunter1986

bevhunter1986 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st4.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

Im completely dairy free and I cant have the lactofree stuff as it still has dairy in. Struggled at the beginning as lots of d/f yoghurt substitutes are synned, but am getting used to it now.

You are not alone xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.