Dairy Of a Lardy kid aged 43 and 3 quarters...

Lisa-Lisa

Silver Member
My diary starts tomorrow (the 1st).
So here's me at the weight of 2 average-sized normal human beings with knees the size of dinner plates.

I'm doing SW at home. The reason is I'm quite shy and the last 2 attempts at doing SW via a group and staying for Image therapy or whatever it was called just left me feeling cold. I first tried SW back in 1991!! and it was just has amazing then!.

I've managed my weight quite well and always been quite active until about 3 years ago. I started with real heavy depressive episodes with disabling anxiety and insomnia that was enough to make you feel like you where losing your marbles. I've just started on my latest (and hopefully last) medication review and I'm currently on Mirtazepine and Amitryptiline. Both medications cause weight gain and sleepiness and lethargy....But I'm willing to face these side-effects full on if I can eventually get relief from these disabling conditions.

If I lose a pound a week brilliant!...not wanting major losses. I've got a long way to go so might has well take my time.

You might see me on here a lot because at the moment I don't go out or at least out on my own because of the social anxiety disorder - this might explain why I just don't succeed at going to class, apart from that I was sick of getting EE shoved down my throat!!.

I try and go for a walk once a day after the kids have finished school luckily they are both patient teenagers so don't mind walking me round the block lol. Hopefully I won't always need someone to hold my hand every time I leave the house - because these tablets are going to help me and my weight is going to start dropping off and I'll be strutting out the door alone by Springtime :).

Anyway Im Lisa this is me for those who want to follow my journey I have around 8 stones to lose but would be happy with 5 stones and I will mainly stick to green days. Was thinking about posting pictures of the meals I have to make it more interesting but because I'm a newbie don't know if I can do that yet.

Happy New Year and will see you tomorrow :) :) :)

Lisa xx

Hi Lisa,
I too am doing SW from home and don't get on well with EE... red and green all the way for me.
I would also like to lose 5 stone although ultimatley I may want to lose 7 stone.
I cant imagine how you must feel with the anxiety etc being that bad, I suffer from depression, anxiety attacks and OCD and dont go to group because there are days when I just don't want to be around people. I work full time which forces me to just get on with symptoms but some days I will just sit in my own office with the door shut and have quiet days. When I finish work I am more than happy to come straight home and hibernate.
Good luck with your weight loss journey, happy new year, Nettie xx

Hi Lisa i need to lose around 7 stone and suffer from anxiety and depression.
This is my first post and i am not good with words so my posts may be short.
I wish you well in your 2013 weight loss journey

Hi Lisa i need to lose around 7 stone and suffer from anxiety and depression.
This is my first post and i am not good with words so my posts may be short.
I wish you well in your 2013 weight loss journey

Hiya Charlie Choo :wavey:we can be buddies if you like - don't know what that means lol but see lots of people in similar situations asking for slimming buddies xxx

!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

Well I've started 2013 off has I mean to go on. I made myself get up at a decent time. I didn't drink last night but lots of people around me did and it was near to 3am before I got to bed. The tablets I take have very heavy sedative effects so I can sleep 16 hours no pproblem...but I set my alarm so Im up at a reasonable time. The kids are still off school and hubbs only goes back to work tomorrow so me and the hubbs and my daughter wrapped up warm and went for a stroll round the canal..a 4 mile stroll!! It took me 45 minutes but it was very liberating and blew away the cobwebs.

So here's my day what I've had and what I intend to have :)

Breakfast:
28g weetabix minis (hexB) with ff Greek yoghurt on top of warm bananas and cinnamon and it was gorgeous!

I didn't really feel hungry at lunch that's when we decided to go for a stroll.

Tea:
Home-made carrot and sweet potato soup with 2 toast (hexB) and 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles (hexA).

The soup was absolutely beautiful and I'm looking forward to another big mug of it later in bed watching telly. Will post picture of it and the recipe if anyone is interested, it's absolutely gorgeous you've gotta try it.

Pudding and snacks:
I'm having some grapes and apple with some yoghurt and some more of that soup in a big mug later.

Lisa xx

image.jpg

CARROT AND SWEET POTATO SOUP. (Free on green)

(Serves 6)

10 medium carrots peeled and chopped
3 sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
1 potato peeled and chopped
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon of mixed herbs
half teaspoon of garlic granules
1 teaspoon of dried onion granules
1 teaspoon of sweetener sugar
salt and pepper
quarter large tub of ff fromage frais
2 veggie stock cubes

boil up 2 pints of water and add everything except the fromage frais. Simmer for at least 30 minutes or when the sweet potato starts to break up. With a hand blender, blend the mixture leaving a quarter of the soup unblended and chunky. Stir in the fromage frais. Serve with toasted bread and cheese and a dollop of ff fromage frais. Enjoy!

Hi Lisa,
I too am doing SW from home and don't get on well with EE... red and green all the way for me.
I would also like to lose 5 stone although ultimatley I may want to lose 7 stone.
I cant imagine how you must feel with the anxiety etc being that bad, I suffer from depression, anxiety attacks and OCD and dont go to group because there are days when I just don't want to be around people. I work full time which forces me to just get on with symptoms but some days I will just sit in my own office with the door shut and have quiet days. When I finish work I am more than happy to come straight home and hibernate.
Good luck with your weight loss journey, happy new year, Nettie xx

Sorry Nettie I didn't see your post :ashamed0005:...

I was made redundant from my sales Manager Job back in 2010. To be honest I wasn't dealing well with anything back then so it came at the right time. After a few part-time jobs and failing miserably things just slid so far down I'm still climbing back up. But 2013 is going to be the turn around for me I feel. I actually think that they have got my medication right this time and hopefully things can only get better with that. I want to lose weight and start doing some voluntary work so I can ease myself back into the world gently instead of kicking and screaming. Depression and anxiety is a very lonely condition, which in itself is ironic.

Happy New Year Nettie :) xxxx

Hi Lisa

Great you're on here especially as you found group a bit much. I've been to loads but find them a bit embarrassing - also had a few dodgy consultants so now prefer doing it online.

I too suffer from some anxiety conditions. Much better at the moment thanks to counselling and meditation/relaxation but it comes and goes and when it comes so does the weight!!! I've got 3.5 stone to lose and am starting today. Was really excited to get going. Really feel this time I will see it through and I feel so good when the weight is under control. Your family sound supportive which is great. My hubby is shedding some lbs too and we are going to do the couch 2 5k challenge around the park!

Good luck! I will follow your progress and if you need a helping hand or any advice (done Sw about 8 years on and off) just shout!!

Michelle

Hi Lisa

Great you're on here especially as you found group a bit much. I've been to loads but find them a bit embarrassing - also had a few dodgy consultants so now prefer doing it online.

I too suffer from some anxiety conditions. Much better at the moment thanks to counselling and meditation/relaxation but it comes and goes and when it comes so does the weight!!! I've got 3.5 stone to lose and am starting today. Was really excited to get going. Really feel this time I will see it through and I feel so good when the weight is under control. Your family sound supportive which is great. My hubby is shedding some lbs too and we are going to do the couch 2 5k challenge around the park!

Good luck! I will follow your progress and if you need a helping hand or any advice (done Sw about 8 years on and off) just shout!!

Michelle

thanks so much Michelle :) :bighug:
XxX

Hi Lisa,

Im doing SW from home I suffer panic attacks and hate being where theres loads of people, Ive tried classes a few times but I sit there shaking and terrified so I gave up. Ive just found this site (well my hubby did actually lol) and Im hoping this will keep me on track being with like minded slimming worlders...

As i type Im trying to muster up energy and motivation to take the dog for a walk, I take amitryptaline and find Im zonked a lot of the time but need to at least try and move this lardy arse lol

I look forward to sharing support and encouragement on this weight loss journey x

shaz x

Hi Lisa,

Im doing SW from home I suffer panic attacks and hate being where theres loads of people, Ive tried classes a few times but I sit there shaking and terrified so I gave up. Ive just found this site (well my hubby did actually lol) and Im hoping this will keep me on track being with like minded slimming worlders...

As i type Im trying to muster up energy and motivation to take the dog for a walk, I take amitryptaline and find Im zonked a lot of the time but need to at least try and move this lardy arse lol

I look forward to sharing support and encouragement on this weight loss journey x

shaz x

Hiya Shaz
:wavey:

I know exactly what you mean about the Amitryptiline it does tend to make me like a zombie and give me a massive headache. That's one of the reasons why I've started walking, it does seem to clear my head. My lovely teenage daughter has been walking with me while she's off school - bless her there's a zillion things she could be doing but she's out walking holding her mums hand and reassuring her. It will be a different story next week when both my teenagers go back to school dunno what Im supposed to do about walking then...not ready to go alone just yet so will hit that brick wall when I come to it
:sigh:.

I actually look forward to coming on this side everyday now it's like finally Ive found like minded people and can make some friends, so what if its only classed has social networking...a friend is a friend isn't it :) I hope we can share the ups and downs of it all with each other Shaz and you like me find that the people on here are lovely, kind and supportive xxxx

Well my second day seems to be going just as well as the first. Went for another walk, couldn't wait get home though was absolutely knackered knees and ankles giving me jip.
Had a rough night hardly sleeping which is a worry considering the medication I take is highly opiate. So all my plans to get up bright and early went through the window. But I was up showered and dressed and half the housework done by half 11 which is a major achievement considering 3 weeks ago before my new meds I couldn't even be motivated to even start a conversation with the kids or have a wash or get dressed.
I had whats becoming one of my favourite things for breakfast which is laughing cow blue cheese triangles on wholemeal toast, if you haven't tried this cheese and you are a lover of the blue sweaty smelling stuff then this is definitely the hexB/hexB for you where cheese is concerned its absolutely gorgeous!.
For lunch I had what was left over of my home-made carrot and sweet potato soup, still as nice as yesterday and will definitely be making it again.
During my walk out with Sally we called into Asda she bought me a coffee and I was eyeing up all the reduced priced Christmas cake and minced pies. In the end I bought a load of half priced satsumas and apples and we ended up chomping a few while walking along the canal, which I've never done before, it would normally be a shop bought sandwich or a snickers. It's funny how you can change your choices in only a matter of days, mind you I've been revving up to start SW for a few weeks.
Tonight we had Quorn Cottage Pie and it was absolutely lovely (will post picture and recipe). We all had it except my daughter, she can't stand Quorn mince and she's the only true vegetarian in the house lol.
I've not used any syns at all yet so don't know if I should treat myself to something or just eat fruit and yoghurt like I have been. Hope you all had a good day :) xxx

image.jpg

Spray a non-stick saucepan with Fry Light and fry 2 chopped onions, 4 chopped carrots and some chopped mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes until they start to soften.
Add a pack of Quorn mince, 4 tablespoons of Worcester sauce (optional), 2 level tablespoons of tomato purée and a tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of baked beans, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the Quorn is simmering, boil some peeled potatoes until tender, then mash them with some fat free fromage frais, salt, pepper and a sprinkling of mustard powder.
Pour the Quorn mixture into an ovenproof dish, spread the mash on top and sprinkle 84g reduced fat cheese (42g hexA) all over the top of the mash bake at 200°C for 30 minutes.

It will easily serve 4 people with big appetites or 6 servings with some vegetables.

FREE ON GREEN AND EE if using cheese as healthy extra or completely leave the cheese out.
Enjoy!
:)
xxx

Finishing the day off with a hot chocolate (2 syns) a packet of pomme bears (5 syns) a pear, apple and 2 tangerines chopped up and thrown into a bowl with some fat free yoghurt :) xx

Not a bad day food wise. Still got a load of fresh fruit and veg left which I'm surprised at because I've cooked quite a few recipes from the SW website and been pretty much all veg based.
Its been a blitz the house and do loads of washing kind of day and not much else to be honest. Slept like a wide awake person all night so gods know whats going on with the sedative side of the meds....anyone got any ideas?

Im looking forward to the kids going back to school only simply because they take advantage of my skivying around after them and act like their arms and legs have fell off and they can't do anything for themselves. Plus they'll do anything
to wind each other up, anyone with a couple of teenagers will know what I mean. I think it's because I didn't go out for a walk today that we all kind of got under each others feet.

Didn't have breakfast well I did it was more like 3 coffees before I can move kind of breakfast.

Lunch was left over home-made Quorn cottage pie from last night and a rhubarb crumble yoghurt.

I made a Baked Vegetable Frittata for tea (will post pic). It was nice but next time I think I will use more eggs and slightly less veg in the bake itself. Had lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber with mine with some sauerkraut and gherkins and for pudding some pineapple and fat-free Greek style yoghurt. Not used any of my B Choices today so far so thinking some cereal and fruit later on or some toast and laughing cow blue cheese triangles. :)

Had my 2 hexB choices by eating 2 servings of mini weetabix with a splash of milk some grapes a chopped banana and a fat free apple crumble yoghurt throw on top.
Used some syns and had 10 liquorice allsorts (10 syns) and a Belgian choc mint options (2 syns).
Another 100% day. Off to bed hope I can sleep. Bring on Friday day 4 :)

Hey Lisa

How has your Friday been? You're sticking to it really well so hopefully you'll see some great results on WI day- great your daughter is encouraging you to get out and about - it always makes me feel so good to walk outdoors. I'm lucky i live opposite a park and near a nature reserve so can see some lovely things just a hop skip and a jump away!! Felt much better in myself so far this year - and I'm working and studying which usually means I struggle but apart from not sleeping too well (despite Couch25k challenge and zumba!) am feeling good. Being in control of my eating always makes me feel so much better in myself. Saw what you said about getting support on here/online, but you know, I lost 3.5 stones about 8 years ago and when i started I got a slimming buddy on aol. We wrote often and she really motivated me to lose my weight. we never met, and never spoke but she was instrumental in helping me so i think any contact with people who understand and can give tips and help each other is invaluable. I'm on here every day at the moment to draw inspiration and motivation, get tips on recipes etc - yours look great by the way! i think we can all motivate each other to get there - no, I know we can!!

I slept really well!!! so taking my medication earlier in the evening then going to bed when I actually feel like Im getting sleepy works better than taking it right before bed and expecting it to work like magic within 30 minutes. It's a good job i had a good nights sleep because today wasn't meant to be as busy as it has been!!.

I arranged to meet up with my friend who I've not seen for ages and ages because he works shifts. Managed to get both stroppy teenagers up before 10am, should of phoned the vatican because that was certainly verging on a miracle!.
The plan was to meet up with my friend (with both the kids) and take his dog Alfie for a walk down the canal. We walked for about an hour before he had to leave to go get ready for his afternoon shift. I decided me and the kids should walk some more but they had to be bribed with me buying them dinner at Asda cafe, so ended up walking to Asda which was a mile away. They had sandwiches and crisps I had 2 black coffees and 1 child size bag of apples and grapes, I didn't even swipe a sneaky crisp!!! :)

I was intending to just go home after that via the long way round until my eldest son phoned inviting me round for coffee so off we went to the other side of town. I think all in all I must of walked at least 6 miles today and I'm seriously happy with that :) although my knees are not very chuffed about it at all lol.

Was going to do a risotto for tea tonight but by the time we got in from my sons house we were all too hungry to wait for risotto. Anyway my food diary is:

Breakfast
boiled egg chopped up with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of extra light mayo (1 syn) with 2 toasted wholemeal bread (hexB) spread with marmite. A banana and 2 coffees.

Dinner
2 coffees and a child size bag of chopped apple and grapes.

Tea
homemade vegetable and bean chow mien (pic to follow)

Don't know how I managed to throw tea together because to be honest I was just going to make myself a bowl of low fat super noodles and make them quick because I was starving. Anyway I ended up adding a veg stock cube, a chopped pepper and a chopped leek and some mixed beans and 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles.
It tasted AMAZING!!!...total winner, very filling and only cost me a hexA :)

I've got quite a few syns left so might indulge in some sweety type snacks tonight. xxx

image.jpg

VEGETABLE AND BEAN CHOW MIEN

2 packets of low fat super noodles cooked in vegetable stock throw in one chopped leek, one chopped yellow pepper and some mixed beans and pulses or any other syn free type of ingredient you fancy. Add 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles stir through until melted and then scoff! :)

Back