Dairy

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
I know we are allowed things like Cottage Cheese, LF Cheese like philly, skim milk, quark, but how do you know how much is right.

I've read that we can have 1kg of dairy a day but am wondering how we measure that.

I just had a skimmed milk cinnamon coffee, using about 250ml of milk and had about 100ml with my porridge. With cottage cheese and quark on todays menu, I've realised I could be going wrong if I don't measure this properly.

any advice please.

If you are on attack, fat free sugar free dairy is unlimited but, from Cruise, you're right in that the doctor sets a 1L/K limit. (And for many, that could be too high.) Only 1/4L of that can be skimmed milk. It's worth measuring if you think you could be going over... or even cut that out?

Yoghurts are pretty easy to figure out... you could perhaps portion your quark and cottage cheese so as not to finish a big pot without thinking.

Are you posting your menus?

Hi thanks for that. I'd not thought about it and this is my first week of cruise, I don't have loads of milk because i really only have one coffee a day, and porridge every other day. Today was the first time I'd had the full milky coffee, won't be doing that again LOL. I probably have equal to about 100ml of milk a day. Cottage cheese and yogurt, I have the large pots and it does my three portions. Yogurt is 500ml, so between both of them I probablay have about 300ml to 500ml a day. Quark is a cooking thing only, averages perhaps 50g. I used half a tub today but the pate I made will last for about three meals LOL.

So if I look at that i really am doing ok, its just I have to remember not to have the milky coffee unless I've saved for it LOL.

I've not posted menus or diarys as I don't have the ability to commit to posting every day, even though I probably do 5 out of 7 days on here at the moment.

thanks for your help.

Same here, DF! No diary but still posting most days, lol.

1kg is the official limit for Cruise but at the same time, the 'official' advice is that some people are more affected by dairy than others so if you find your loss stagnating (meaning, no loss over 3 weeks, not a day, a few days or even a week, lol!!), then you should cut down on dairy.

Thanks Snakers, the last two days I have lost .2lb each day, so I am giong to try and keep an eye on my dairy for the rest of the week and see what happens. When i think properly about it, I don't think I've done bad, but we'll see LOL. I really want to try and get the first stone lost by next thursday, I'll have been doing two and half weeks, but I am seeing a friend and she was very skeptical about it, she can be quite a negative person, so i want to prove her wrong LOL!!!! so that dairy is getting counted :D

Same here, DF! No diary but still posting most days, lol.

I've not posted menus or diarys as I don't have the ability to commit to posting every day, even though I probably do 5 out of 7 days on here at the moment.

Ladies, I just wanted to say that of course it's your decision but there's no need to feel pressure about having to post in diaries every day. I only enter in mine one or twice a week but it's nice to have a consolidated place for one's ramblings and it's much easier to form friendships over there, than on this main page :D

Have a good day

P x

Its not just posting though, its the reading. Haveing been a member of a craft forum for about 7 years I know all the people on there very very well, but f I'm absent for a couple of weeks there is so much to catch up on and I never know what has happened, I'd also feel awful if I only ever wrote on mine and never read any others.

Maybe I'll have a go soon, but other things in life are top of the list, I'm on here at the moment cos I need distracting LOL, thanks P

I agree with Pauline, hun. You are already very active in the forum and I'm sure u can handle 1 or 2 diary posts a week :) No pressure of course, but just today I was wondering how you were doing and couldn't find your diary page.

Plus if you want to see what effect different foods like dairy have on your results, everything is in black and white.

How are you doing this week, anyway?
Cx

I'll look into it hun I promise, I've not been on for a couple of days what with one thing and another. Not been doing too bad...just need to stay away from too many sugar free sweets LOL. Major tummy bloat this morning and a pound on, but I think that was the pound it said i'd lost yesterday. Didnt believe it then, so wasn't surprised this morning.

glad to see you're still around, K!

Back