Damn school run

Willbeyummy

Interfering with my routine lol! Normally i just collect but took him school today and already lagging behind on water also severely constipated :-(( using senokot atm but any other reccomendations grately appriciated :-( feel so stuffy n bunged up :-( x

Fibre is the best long-term solution. You can take it every day for as long as you need, unlike stimulant laxatives like senna, which should only be taken occasionally.

If you don't mind fibre powder, made of psyllium husks, you can get some from your CDC. Some add it to shakes. You could also get it from a chemist, but be sure to get something totally plain, as brands like fybogel tend to have flavourings and citric acid added. If you don't like powder Holland and Barratt do psyllium husk capsules which you swallow whole with a lot of water. They work very well for me.

Fibre will take a few days to kick in, as it works by bulking up the material in your gut and absorbing water, so the material gets big and soft enough to pass easily. Oh dear, TMI, but useful to know I think. Once it has started working it should keep you regular for the rest of the diet.

Back