Attack Dancing's Dukan Diary

Discussion in 'Dukan Diaries' started by Dancing, 27 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Well, I finally got a battery for my scales, and I've found that I kept my word... "I'm never letting myself get to that weight again" .... JUST! 4 years after losing 7 stone, and 1 year after maintaining around a steady enough weight for me, I'm 6lbs off my heaviest weight :eek:

So, I started Dukan today. I may stick with Dukan after the 10-day Attack phase I'm doing, or I may move onto total meal replacement. I'll decide at the time.

So far today, I've had:
    coffee with low fat and carb unsweetened soya milk
    yoghurt (yuk... I really don't like the tart set yoghurts, so I then went on a shopping trip to try to find Sumac to flavour it. Found some, it helped a bit, but I'm still not thrilled.)
    1x boiled egg
    1x slice of beef (which I roasted myself ... first time in years, make that over a decade, that I've roasted beef. Added a clove of garlic and some Sumac to give it a little flavour)
    Water

followed later by:
    more yoghurt with oat bran (much better taste!)
    a couple of slices of beef
    half a swordfish steak (marinated in soya sauce, garlic, lemon juice, chilli)
    cottage cheese
    1x boiled egg

I'm going to use the beef throughout the week for my lunches as a cold cut, along with cottage cheese or boiled egg... oh what a humdrum week it sounds like.
    I start work (after 5 months without) on Tuesday, so I can at least have something different like scrambled/poached eggs or omelette on Monday.

I still haven't got my head into gear re. work... grateful beyond belief for the money it will bring me..... but not looking forward to the environment (Investment banking environment). I really don't want a negative attitude from the start... trying to have a positive shift... not quite managing it yet.

I'll be updating my food intake, so I can keep a track of what I've done.

By the way, I know I can't possibly reach my goal weight by the stated Goal Date ... but I might get close.

Last edited: 29 March 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. m-mouse

m-mouse Not very good at this!

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(30.28%)
    Diet:
    dukan - conso
    Hi there, from your menu it doesn't sound as though you are eating enough.

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks m-mouse.. that was just what I'd eaten by the time I'd posted. I've now updated with the rest of what I've eaten today

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Ok, so today is the start of my second day.
    By the end of my first, I was thinking I can't possibly do 10 days of attack. Maybe I'll do five, have some veg, then do another five. I was told by my other half that all he knows is yesterday I was declaring what I needed to do and what I would do, and 12 hours later I'm crumbling.
    That was enough to have me shut up and think "one day at a time" for the next few days.

So, today is day 2 of 10 days. I actually think it will be the most difficult day, as i'm at home alone and am anxious about work tomorrow.

However, weighing myself showed that I'm 4kgs lighter than when I weighed myself 2 mornings ago.

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

well, I've almost made it to the end of day 2! I'm slightly more ready for my return to work.
    Today, I spent more money (!) on different yoghurts and cottage cheese and a few more spices etc (needed more paprika as I use that a lot and had run out).

So, today I've had:
    Plenty of water
    2x Yoplait forme 0 fat yoghurt (cheesecake and sticky date... I froze the sticky date one and it was scrummy... will have one frozen each day)
    2 slices beef
    other 0% Yoghurt and oat bran
    2 chicken breasts, marinated in yoghurt and spices (didn't eat the yoghurt sauce)
    2 scrambled eggs with chives
    tofu (which I marinated ... added olive oil before remembering I'm not supposed to!!)... baked in the oven
    2 x low fat rashers of bacon
    about 100g cottage cheese
    I honestly feel like I've eaten more, as I seem to have been grazing all day.
    coffee with soya milk

I feel like I've overdone my yoghurt intake but I don't think I've gone over a kg of dairy, so I guess I'm ok.

7. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Hello there Dancing, and lovely start to your diary. I particularly appreciate the task that you are facing as I used to weigh more than you. (My big loss wasn't with Dukan, however.)

Because you're in Australia, some products you'll find more difficult to source than others, and we won't recognise possibly some of the things you mention.

However, while a (0% fat OK but any other weird ingredients) cheesecake might be ok, a DATE yoghurt won't be because dates aren't allowed (unless just "date flavouring" used). Is Sumac sweetener?

I can well understand that a return to the work environment after a long absence must be stressful, and I hope it goes ok. I imagine that you often have to work long hours too, in your field, so always think to have extra food in the work fridge "in case".

At your current weight, you can eat quite a fair amount of pure protein, so think chicken, beef is good, salmon, prawns, turkey... as well as the odd dairy. Have you tried using your oatbran for galettes or muffins? They are easily transportable and can help fill us.

As for how long to stay on attack again, at your current weight, ten days would be fine but incredibly tedious and you might well get rather constipated. Aim for the five, then see how you go.

Send hubby to me if he's less than supportive :D

And post post, post more, particularly if you're feeling wobbly... I know the time difference isn't with you, but there's often one of our nocturnal Brits around at silly o'clock!

8. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi, Dancing. As Jo says, 10 days of Attack might be a little too full on for you and you should be perfectly fine on 5 if that would be easier for you to handle.

Most people don't particularly enjoy Attack and can't wait for it to be over, so don't feel alone in that. Just remember that it doesn't last forever and you can start eating some veggies soon when you reach the Cruise stage.

Possibly, you may be feeling a bit blurrggh at the moment because that can happen during the initial few days of Attack (like many others, I had the headache from hell and felt awful). This should wear off after a max of 3 to 4 days and then you'll be feeling much more like yourself and ready to face anything.

I also very much agree with Jo about coming on here and posting if you need some support. It can really help.

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks for your post of tips, support and encouragement. Much appreciated.

So you lost more than I have to lose? Did you start on a vlcd?

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks for the post and the comment about 5 days on Attack... I think what I'll do is, see how I go. Not tell myself that I'll stop it on Day 6 (otherwise I'll cop out and do just that!). On Day 6 I'll decide if I want some veg for lunch for a couple of days. I'd rather try to grin and bear it though as I do have a lot to lose and after a time (once the carbs in my body and the water levels have decreased), it will be fat that's being lost during Attack. Agh... I'll just see how I go.

I've had hints of headaches, but decided I've got enough going on at the moment without dealing with lack of sleep due to a headache, so I've just taken a panadol.

I'm anxious about tomorrow. Not because of the job.. I can do the job... just don't want to be doing it in a corporate environment, or to be working with people who have different values to me. But, such is life, and I'll have to suck the lemon :)

11. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Here's the link to some of our recipes, including my muffins which I have each and every day! I like them best with a cube of smoked salmon in each. Yum!
    http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/150962-dukan-recipe-thread.html
    (towards the bottom of p.1)

A meatloaf might suit you, then you can slice it up. Some make it with turkey mince, others with low fat steak mince.

I am now officially jealous of your date yoghurt if it's Dukan approved!

I lost my weight the healthy way... self devised calorie counting thing but ended up cutting out starches pretty much (but did have unlimited veg and fruit). The slow healthy way. Managed to stabilise it too for a while, with the assistance of many many cigarettes(!) and the 80% good/20% bad method, but then quit smoking, which upset my apple cart, and since then have been yoyoing wildly.

Check out my diary. I'm a regular returner to Dukan because it's a way of eating which suits me, and as I'm a compulsive eater (present tense alas), I know I'm never far away from a binge when not on Dukan. Sad but true!

VLCD have never appealed. Since I have a problem with food, I don't see how taking food totally out of the equation will ever serve as more than a plaster to an open wound. Dukan enables me to lose weight, without hunger or deprivation, and while still confronting food three or more times a day which I need.

I really do understand what you must be feeling now... and keep glugging on water when you think you're hungry. By day 3 or 4, you'll not be overly hungry any more

:d

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks, and interesting.
    I did vlcd and actually think it deals with the food problem... removes it and you have to find other ways to deal with the emotions it is smothering! Then learn new ways. I was going ok.... but had a few (cough) things to deal with all at once and I returned to a tried and true habit to deal with things.

I've become a non stop eater in the past few months, so I hope I get on well with Dukan. I'll check out the recipes this evening (AFTER WORK! hee hee). I like the idea of a meatloaf too.

Additional note: I must have storing an awful lot of water because..... I'm now 272.9lbs (123.8kg) Which means I've lost exactly 7kg in 3 days (I weighed myself the day before starting and forgot to do it the morning of) (granted, I'd drunk some water before weighing the first time, but ...... how peculiar!!!!)

13. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Well,
    I made it through my first day at work and my anxieties were for nothing... the team seem friendly and human (i.e. they smile!) lol

I'm in training for a couple of days, locked away in a meeting room, training remotely via remote access and telephone.

Food.... as predicted I was too busy to eat all day (was feeling a big gap in the stomach before lunchtime, but had no option but to wait). Quickly ate, then nothing until I got home and then quickly ate again... Even without eating all day I managed to get quite a bit of food into me.

scrambled egg (x2)
    cottage cheese
    yoghurt
    tofu, boiled egg, yoghurt, some low fat ham
    yoghurt (frozen)
    2x swordfish steaks (small sized ones), 4 times low fat bacon
    yoghurt with oat bran
    not enough water so drinking now and will be up through the night unfortunately.

14. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    I'm glad your first day went well, both from the work perspective AND the diet!

I guess what I meant re VLCDs is that, when you're "done", you still have no idea how to eat healthily... Do many people manage to keep the weight off after VLCDs, I wonder? Obviously around here, we only see those who return after a disappearance!

In France, ham and bacon aren't ok but they have allowed the low fat versions in the UK (but watch them because they're usually salty and often have added "ingredients", including sugar).

Those huge losses are fabulous and will help see you through this...

What are you eating today?

15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

How do I get the red "Attack" at the start of my thread title? :sigh:

16. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

The problem with VLCDs (esp. lately as more are cropping up), is that people don't go through all the stages of the diet (the important ones that reintroduce food and teach how to maintain) :( ... those that follow through all the stages, seem to maintain for years and years and years.

I know I shouldn't really be having the bacon and ham .... but because I didn't think to buy mince of any type, I struggle with snacks that I find palatable... my fault for not planning properly. I will stop the bacon as of now! You are right too about salt and sugar levels. I guess I should stop the ham too.. will do that after tomorrow, as I'll finish the ham that I have and not use any more.

Remember I'm ahead of you... so my "today" is almost over. For tomorrow, I'm defrosting some chicken drumsticks to do something with when I get home from work tomorrow. Lunch will have to be ham and cold roast beef and cottage cheese.
    Breakfast is likely to be yoghurt with oatbran and probably egg of some description.

Can't believe I'll be on Day 4 of Attack tomorrow! Not so hard afterall! :D

17. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    To change, at any time, the title of your thread (you see that some people change theirs regularly!), you click on your very first post and edit it, then click on "advanced" and then and only then can you edit the title :D

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oh... normally i just double click to the right of the thread title and change it there... which would explain why I don't know about the option to go Advanced and change the colour... will try it your way. thanks

ahhh.. it's a prefix option, not a colour change. Got it!

20. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Much like Dukan then really ;) Phase 3 is the crucial (oh so hard for people like me) one... yet I love Attack and PP days!

Please don't stop either until you're sorted with other snacks, as you're losing very well still and there'll be plenty of time to get cooking over the weekend to prepare for cruise phase. It's always a good idea to have plenty of Dukan friendly food both in the fridge and freezer. I package up little packets at the weekend, and grab a few for lunch. (If you check my menus on the menu thread, you'll see I usually have two or three even "things" for lunch, rather than one big thing. Else I get bored!)

It all sounds very positive - and gosh yes you're almost at the end of the day... You'll hopefully not be feeling hungry any longer, except for normal meal times - that I still get. Just no cravings. I bake (real) cake; hand deliver biscuits; even serve chocolate without the slightest qualm while in ketosis. It's only a light one in Dukan, but it's there...

One thing - multi vitamin would be a good idea...
    Also, if no one's mentioned "transit issues", it can happen so while it's ok to be less "active" in that respect than previously - after all, we're not taking in much fibre - good idea to see if you can find some wheatbran also to add in Cruise. Gives a delicious nutty flavour to the muffins/galette. (1 tablespoon per day allowed).

Onward and offward! How's hubby finding your diet?! Are you cooking separately for him? Mine tends to have the same as me with additions!

21. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Kev is being supportive... but as with most people who don't understand properly, occasionally comes out with unhelpful comments. He means well though.

I've been thinking about the unbelievable amount I've lost in 3 days... at the same time as starting the diet (which included stopping drinking... and I drank wine every day), I halved some medication I've been on... I'm now wondering if the meds were making me store even more water. I just can't understand how much I've lost. It's kgs not lbs that I've lost (seven of them)... that's crazy! Anyway, I just hope it continues!

22. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Incredible indeed... I hope your medication isn't something you'll be missing though! (Oh and, if you're on any medication, best to take it well away from your oatbran. I take mine first thing, and have my muffins a few hours later.)

Nite nite!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.