DANCING's mostly daily food and some Stuff DIARY

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Dancing, 12 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

even though I don't know exactly what I'm doing yet as I don't have the literature, I'm going to start a food diary anyway .... oh the shame of writing down EVERYTHING I eat. But I know that this is a good practice on any diet/way of eating. So here goes. (I will update as I eat)

Saturday 12 July (working night shift) - Green day

Breakfast: 4x cherry tomatoes, 130g baked beans, one egg, 3x :)rolleyes:) quorn sausages

Snack: apricot and muller light

1st lunch (2 when work through the night): 2x quorn fillets microwaved, 1 celery stick, 1 apple
    2nd lunch: veg, mango and quorn mince stir fry. Used the spray fry stuff so I'm guessing almost no syns there. But also used a couple of dashes of kikkoman soy sauce (no added sugar/no carbs) and a shake of chinese 5 spice. NO idea if these are syns or not.

Dinner will be fish pie as per slimming world mag (which says it is free on green ... which confuses me. even if it is a typo then I think it is healthy extra for the fish).
    Dessert will be a frozen CD choc tetra and a bowl of strawberries. 7 syns.

I'll have a Cadbury's highlights for a hot drink later too (what's that? 1.5 syns??? No idea). Snacks will be ..... apple and maybe another quorn sausage

2 litre of water so far

Last edited: 12 July 2008
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    fruit and salad are free foods so fill up on them. It looks good and you are doing well to grasp it without the proper stuff to hand

4. bluemoon

bluemoon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.21%)
    Diet:
    Exante plus a meal
    Hi hun, Just wanted to wish you well and hope the SW works well for you xx

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks claire

6. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    they are both free so use as much as you like

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

SUNDAY - green day

Breakfast: 220g baked beans, 2 eggs scrambled, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 nimble wholewheat bread, half nectarine

8. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Still all free food! What's for dinner?

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ummm. I've still got fish pie to eat but don't think I can eat that three days in a row. I was thinking that I'd have a pasta dish (I have not eaten pasta in over 10 months!!!) - loads of veg and chilli and maybe use some of the no fat yoghurt I have to make the sauce creamy. With loads of salad. Oh, and if I have the time, I think I'll have some wedges (can I have wedges AND pasta in one day?)

I want to make a choc or lemon mousse but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

10. Sandrah78

Sandrah78 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep you can have wedges and pasta - sounds like you've got the gist of SW. Well done and good luck.

11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

:clap: pasta AND wedges. fantastic

I know that I've lost some pounds already. I can't be exact because I work through the night on weekends and eat at funny times but I know what the difference in my weight usually is from a Friday morning to a Sunday morning .... and it was less than that THIS morning. I'll know on Tuesday as this is when I'm back into regular sleeping/eating times

12. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

all this sounds soo yummy! best of luck dancing :) xxx

13. Sandrah78

Sandrah78 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Phew, sounds pretty hectic. Getting weighed often can be bad as well as good, I'm really trying hard not to get weighed as often, the fluctuations on a day to day basis can leave you a bit up and down like the scales!

14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes, I know where you are coming from but this is how I work. I need that motivation ... and I usually am able to be unaffected by the scales doing weird and wonderful things.

I'm not weighing myself nearly as much as I have done in the past :)

15. Sandrah78

Sandrah78 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good for you! I'm a believer that if it works for you then carry on with it. Getting weighed daily doesn't really work for me, nor does every other day lol. Sometimes I get weighed 3 times a day, a bit extreme I know. I don't think it would help if I got rid of my scales altogether though either.

16. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Dancing, it sounds like you are really getting into the plan! Isn't it great to be able to eat so much yummy stuff?!

17. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

SUNDAY - green day

Breakfast: 220g baked beans, 2 eggs scrambled, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 nimble wholewheat bread, half nectarine

Lunch: 1xmullerlight, blueberries, mango (more to come)

Dinner: pasta with tomatoes and veg and extra low fat creme fraiche and wedges :D

Snacks will be more mullerlights and various fruits and quorn sausages

meal in middle of night while at work is undecided right now

Taz, I think right now I'm trying to enjoy liking food again without feeling guilty and like a failure. I've had a bit of a tough few months trying to lose the remainder of my weight but ending up bingeing and putting weight on. If I'd continued as I was, I would have put it all back on I just know it and it would have caused me real emotional damage. So for now, I'm just trying to relax into SW. CD is still in my head and there is a chance I may go back to it temporarily ... although I suspect this thought is more to do with wanting to avoid feeling a failure (I understand my head, even if noone else does :D).

It is funny you know, I posted an opinion on the poll that is running on the CD 100% forum right now. I suspect that some may wonder what right I have to vote when I'm doing SW right now. I find that a bit odd as if I were still struggling to do CD, falling into my bingeing pattern and putting on weight, I'd have a right to vote and yet, because I recognise that pattern was unhealthy and am trying to break it, I don't have a right to vote - even though in my head I'm still a CDer (does that make sense to anyone but me)..... I really should post in my diary instead of on here. I'll leave this for my food record from now on :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Yeah it makes sense. I think we all feel safer with the diet that has helped us to lose the most of our weight. I think the thing about CD is that you have to start eating again and without any real boundaries it must be scary to have to eat again and take control of what you are doing. Lots of people switch from CD to SW because the plan is so relaxed it's almost a cross between being on a diet and doing it all yourself. The boundaries are there but there is a lot of space within them.

20. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

MONDAY - undecided if to be green or red

Breakfast: porridge with toffee mullerlight, 1x cadbury highlights

Lunch: greek salad (no dressing)

Dinner:
    plus chocolate mousse

Snacks:
    fruit, lasting satisfaction yoghurt

Last edited: 14 July 2008
  21. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I usually do the first part of the day as neutral so I can decide later whether I want to do a green or red day

22. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I ended up eating off plan by the end of the night, last night. Just wanted one more day of not caring at all about what I ate. Didn't eat that much, just more than I should have.

So as I mentioned in my other thread, I was a bit repetitive in my food choices today.

TUESDAY - Green day
    Breakfast: omlette, beans, tomatoes and some bacon for breakfast. followed by mullerlight

Lunch: another omlette with mushrooms and more baked beans! Followed by lasting satisfaction yoghurt, banana and peach

snack was marinated tofu and 35g cheese

Other snacks: 2x mullerlight, 1x lasting satisfaction yoghurt, 2 nimble wholemeal bread (HE) and left over wedges from last night

Dinner: quorn and veg stir fry

Dessert: frozen CD choc tetra - 7 syns.

I've eaten loads today but I've been massaging for 5 hours so I'm not bothered.

Tomorrow will be a Red day and I'll finally get around to making the choc mousse

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.