Daphinoise potatoes recipes?

DeeCorum

Hi all,
Having a steak tonight and fancied Daphinoise sort of potatoes and wondered anyone had tried doing these in the past, before I have a go and chance it going wrong..

was thinking of using blended quark and/or cottage cheese, splash of milk, couple of eggs and some chopped up baby bells as the sauce over the sliced potatoes and onions and bit of garlic.. and maybe a small amount of english mustard.. do you think it will work?

xDee

I've done these before and used a chicken stock cube (I think knorr give the best flavour) disolved in hot water and mixed some light cream cheese with garlic and herbs in with a splash of milk. I know this has a syn value but personally I think its worth them. By the time you have divided the syns by the portions its not many.

I don't have a daphinoise recipe, but I did see a recipe on Saturday Kitchen last week for Boulanger (don't know if I have spelt that right) where you layer sliced potatoes and onions in a dish and pour over chicken stock. If you spray the top with frylight, and then bake in the oven, the top should then go crispy. Don't know what it tastes like (I haven't tried it yet) but sounds nice, and syn free

Thanks for your replies they all sound lovely, will have a go and if I have time, take a photo too... wish me luck

Back