Daphinoise potatoes recipes?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by DeeCorum, 5 December 2009 Social URL.

1. DeeCorum

DeeCorum Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi all,
    Having a steak tonight and fancied Daphinoise sort of potatoes and wondered anyone had tried doing these in the past, before I have a go and chance it going wrong..

was thinking of using blended quark and/or cottage cheese, splash of milk, couple of eggs and some chopped up baby bells as the sauce over the sliced potatoes and onions and bit of garlic.. and maybe a small amount of english mustard.. do you think it will work?

xDee

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I've done these before and used a chicken stock cube (I think knorr give the best flavour) disolved in hot water and mixed some light cream cheese with garlic and herbs in with a splash of milk. I know this has a syn value but personally I think its worth them. By the time you have divided the syns by the portions its not many.

4. slinkydreams

slinkydreams Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I don't have a daphinoise recipe, but I did see a recipe on Saturday Kitchen last week for Boulanger (don't know if I have spelt that right) where you layer sliced potatoes and onions in a dish and pour over chicken stock. If you spray the top with frylight, and then bake in the oven, the top should then go crispy. Don't know what it tastes like (I haven't tried it yet) but sounds nice, and syn free

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
  6. DeeCorum

DeeCorum Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks for your replies they all sound lovely, will have a go and if I have time, take a photo too... wish me luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.