Dawn's Cambridge Journey to Slimdom

comit2013

I started sole source 8 days ago and have 7 stone to lose. Seems a long way off but I need to achieve this because being this big nearly 17 stone is preventing me from living my life fullstop. I weighed in on day 3 and lost 3.5 pounds. My next weigh in is this Tuesday coming. I'm from Telford and am a single mom of 3 children.

Good luck MsCambridge!

I'll look forward to reading about your weight loss!! Just stick with it and you'll soon see this diet really works and the results are fast. :)

Hey MsCambridge im sure you will lose the weight you want to in no time =) This is the 1 diet that actually works quicker than others and seeing the losses will spur you on.. look forward to reading about your journey.. best of luck =D

MashedBanana said:
I have started CD switched from Exante. I'm 18 stone and need to lose really fast! Hope we can do this together xo

Hi there, my BMI is a fraction below 40 as I'm only 5'4" shorty, lol. I will look forward to seeing your losses xx

Yolande said:
Hey MsCambridge im sure you will lose the weight you want to in no time =) This is the 1 diet that actually works quicker than others and seeing the losses will spur you on.. look forward to reading about your journey.. best of luck =D

Thanks Yolande, wish I could go to sleep for 6 months whilst the Cambridge diet did its job, lol xx

I know what you mean about wishing you could just go to sleep for six months magically!! That would be wonderful!!!

I don't know about anyone else but as I gained weight (or in my case regained) I shut myself off from everybody including old friends and family. I thought I'd got away with it but when I found myself at rock bottom I joined a course called 'Something More' which is to help women gain confidence. As I walked in the door feeling embarrassed and a mess and also later than everybody else, I saw a lady in the circle I knew from a few years back. She is one of my best friends mothers who saw me last as a size 10. I immediately felt uncomfortable but being the kind person she is, she made me feel at ease. During a group discussion I told the group how I got to the point I was at and neglected seeing people due to embarrassment about my weigh gain. My friend then perked up and said "Dawn might be twice the woman she was but she's still the lovely person she always was" This reduced me to happy tears but also gave me an idea of how people saw me size wise. I'm now in week 2 of CD and as much as I hate how I have become and detest having to do CD again I know my mind is in the right place to achieve the loss. I know it's going to be harder and I have 7 stone to lose but knowing I'm not on my own (you guys & gals) makes me feel very determined to ignore any sabotage thoughts and get to goal. I'm going to make myself 2 promises now:
First is to get to goal by August & second to go up the CD Steps by the book. Hope everyone's had a good day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Those are 2 very good promises to make to yourself and your head seems to be so in it... you are going to keep those promises Ms =D

Diary Update: Weigh in result this week 7 pounds off making a total of 10.5 pounds since 4/2/12. It's results like this that make me want to stick to the diet 100%. I've noticed a slight improvement in my skin too which is quite blemished spotty from years of food abuse. Anyone else got breath like a donkey and if I could guess what horse manure tastes like then that's what my mouth tastes like? CDC recommended a product called Retardex mouth spray.

My aims following week are:

Stick to CD 100%.
Make sure I consume 3-4 litres plain water everyday. Teas etc... on top just a bonus.
Buy some Retardex.

Have a good week friends xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow. Well done on your weight loss. I think it's lovely that your friend was so kind at the meeting. She was there too so we often think that everyone else is 100% confident but that's not actually true. It seems like your head is in the right place and coming on here will help loads. It's really helping me! I've got about the same weight to lose as you which I am looking forward to waving goodbye to! Xx

JeanGrey said:
Wow. Well done on your weight loss. I think it's lovely that your friend was so kind at the meeting. She was there too so we often think that everyone else is 100% confident but that's not actually true. It seems like your head is in the right place and coming on here will help loads. It's really helping me! I've got about the same weight to lose as you which I am looking forward to waving goodbye to! Xx

Hi Jean, fingers crossed my head stays in the right place, it does help I agree having this forum. Looking forward to watching your progress too. There seems to be a few of us that started around the same time and have a lot to lose xx

4/2/12 Starting Weight: 16st/12.5pounds

Day 16 in the morning and still going strong. Weigh in Tuesday, can hardly weight as my jeans slipped down to my hips today. I've rewarded myself with a new haircut, I haven't been inside a hairdressers for 18 months so it was a big thing for me. I've had it cut quite short which looks nice at certain angles till my chubby chin wobbles.

My mom is joining me on the diet on Monday and a male friend too which was unexpected. Really pleased for them and it'll be lovely seeing them shrink as on here is great but actually seeing someone you care about lose weight must be great.

Absolutely freezing tonight - the boilers broke so no hot water & no heating. Even my lips went purply blue earlier. Thank goodness for a big duvet, it's times like this when a hot blooded male would come in handy ;) xx

Back