Dawns Diet Diaries

dawn80xx

Day 2 of atkins and so far so good, I dont have very good will power so an easy diet like atkins is ideal and you can actually eat!! unlike a few others i have tried.

My motivation to lose the pounds this time round is due to fertilioty treatment, i dont get it if i dont lose the weight!!!!!!!! good incentive right

Not a big breakfast eater so have just been having black coffee and water

Today i have enjoyed a prawn salad with mayo, and tonight i shall be having salmon with cauliflower mash and veg, yum!!!

Well done you! Better day than me so far - 2 babybel and a packet of porkys lol keep it up mate you will make it for the IVF! I want a God Son or Daughter lol

Oh bugger i knew id forget something at shopping i was meant to get some porkys to try, oh well i will have to go back out tomorow,

atleast you didnt pick on something you shouldnt have for convenience, well done hun

You will get one, maybe even one of each if IVF works out haha x

I an finding it really hard not to snack about an hour or so after my dinner :( obviously not helping when the OH is stuffing his face with chocolates and ice cream!! There's support for you!!

Any suggestions?

Why don't you snack?

I'm always hungriest when getting into ketosis so I'm always eating snacks. Today salami crisps (slices of salami put under the grill until they're crispy) and a 30g lump of cheese saw me through between meals. The best part of Atkins is that if you're hungry, you're allowed to eat.

If you want a sweet taste - I drink a lot of sweet tea but as an evening treat I have a mug of unsweetened alpro soya milk heated in the microwave for 2 minutes with vanilla extract and sweetener tablets stirred in. Sometimes I add a spoonful of green and black's cocoa powder.

Or take a look in the recipes section for Swiss roll. (I make a slightly different version which you can find in the recipe section under moonlights meals). You can keep that in the fridge and cut a slice off when you want and it's very induction friendly.

Ok so day 3 so far so good, thought that i would find it hard whilst cooking the OH's dinner last night (chicken curry and rice) but i didnt pick (biggest downfall) or taste, and so far am proud of my self. Small steps i know but i am known for having no will power and for falling off many diet wagons very quickly.

Am slowly getting my head around the fact that i am allowed to snack as in many diets its usually the case that you have 3 meals a day or not eat anything after a certain time so I am enjoying the flexibility even tho i do keep forgetting.

As I dont eat breakfast am i eating enough if i am having just lunch and dinner and a nibble about an hour after dinner?? x

Well done you. I would really try and have something at brekkie as it helps kick start you x

ive never been very good at breakfast it makes me feel sick, but i will try harder
Dont think i have had many carbs today as been so busy all i have had is an egg mayo salad for lunch and tuna mayo slad for dinner and prob no where near enough water, oops, must try harder tomorow x

babybel are good for snacking x

Ok so epic fail today :cry:After not eating to well yesterday and doing 10 hours hard graft lifting loads and walking the street delivering I woke early this morning feeling incredibly sick and shaking violently (my OH thought I was having a fit). He soon cam to my rescue with a piece of toast and coffee ( toast was thrown at him) but after much arguing on his behalf (I had no energy to fight back) i ate it to shut him up and after a bit more arguing i agreed to enjoy my weeks holiday as of tomorow and return to atkins when I return. II will be back at work so in more of a routine, sad that im not going to be following it as strictly as I have lost weight but sooooo happy the shakes have stopped and im no longer sick. 2 days intense excerise and protein and salad did not mix very well at all for me :(

oh mate - that's a shame but yes enjoy your week away xxx And you know you can get back on it when you return x

Oh I will be dont worry, i was so pleased with how things were going but i think i just overdone it yesterday I havent felt like that ever!!

It's best not to do heavy exercise while you're getting into ketosis - you can feel a little sick even without further stressing your body! After you've been in ketosis for a couple of weeks your body will be moving toward being 'fat adapted' meaning you'll be able to get the energy to exercise from protein and fats that you once got from carbs.

It is very important to make sure you're eating and drinking enough though!

Also Atkins flu itself (the process of getting into ketosis) can make you feel just as described - sick and shaky. Yours does sound extreme but It most likely didn't mean anything bad but enjoy your holiday (that's what they're for!) and you'll know what to expect if it happens when you start up again.

Back