Dawn's Fitness Diary

comit2013

Hi, I've got a few stone to lose and having lost a couple already following the Cambridge Diet I want to complete my journey eating healthily and by improving my fitness.

I've downloaded Endomondo to my iPhone so fingers crossed I can use it to track my progress. I've also downloaded Target Weight tracker.

So my walking boots are now dusted off and ready for action :)

Plan for in the morning is to hike up the Wrekin, the last time I did it a few weeks ago I suffered burn out on the way down but that was possibly due to insufficient calories consumed for the task. I'm hoping it will be easier this time so that I can build on my fitness, speed and time.

I've also joined my local MeetUp group for outdoor adventures in Telford so I need to improve my fitness for that as I want to get out cycling with them sometimes.

I'm going to track my progress here :)

I'm hope to do same as you. I'm starting cd today, (again) and want to shift couple of stone then loose the rest with healthy eating and exercise. So I'll be checking in to see how you get on. Good luck, keep posting your progress, if it works for you then it can work for me. I want health and muscle tone as well as weight loss and think this is the way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

On Monday I started climbing the Wrekin and thought I was going to die but I persevered and got to the top a whole 10 minutes faster than when I was 2 stone heavier.

On Tuesday I beat Mondays time by just over a minute and today I beat Tuesdays time by a further 2&half minutes so something must be working. I found it hard going today on the backs of my ankles so I was very surprised I beat my time. I'm using an app called Endomondo to track my route, time, incline and mph etc... which is proving to be useful :)

Zest for Life said:
I'm hope to do same as you. I'm starting cd today, (again) and want to shift couple of stone then loose the rest with healthy eating and exercise. So I'll be checking in to see how you get on. Good luck, keep posting your progress, if it works for you then it can work for me. I want health and muscle tone as well as weight loss and think this is the way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How are you getting on? xx

bulldogdaisy said:
Well done,I like the mini goals you have set yourself!

Thanks hun :)

Beat my time again now currently at 41 mins 27 seconds.

Recovering quicker and breathing much easier :)

It is :) Took full advantage of the dry day today after all this rain so been on a 5.5 mile hike over rough terrain with steep hills. Legs turned to jelly towards the end but sure it did me good.

Oh I forgot to say I've also lost the gained initial refeed weight from coming off the Cambridge diet and a further half a pound. My legs are slimming down especially my knees. This is hiking diet is working yay :)

Did a 12 mile walk yesterday with Ironbridge Walking Festival and found it quite easy but suffering today with 2 mahoooosive blisters and some soreness. But I'm still going to get out on my bike for the first time in years this evening. Hope no-ones about later #embarrassed muchly

DawnLeo said:
Oh I forgot to say I've also lost the gained initial refeed weight from coming off the Cambridge diet and a further half a pound. My legs are slimming down especially my knees. This is hiking diet is working yay :)

Wow well done :0)

DawnLeo said:
Did a 12 mile walk yesterday with Ironbridge Walking Festival and found it quite easy but suffering today with 2 mahoooosive blisters and some soreness. But I'm still going to get out on my bike for the first time in years this evening. Hope no-ones about later #embarrassed muchly

I hope the blisters soon heal,aw I'm sure you will be fine on your bike later! Shame you are sore aswell but well done on walking 12 miles!

Back