Day 1 and here for the long haul. . . . . . . . . .

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Evening all

I'm coming over from the dark side ( Cambridge diet )
Bit of background, I started Cambridge at the start of march last year weighing a whopping 17st 3lb, and lost almost 7 stone in time for my sept wedding, Taking me to my lightest ever adult weight :)
We honeymooned in Vegas for 2 weeks then had lots of weekends away add Xmas into the mix and I'm currently around 4 to 5 st bigger than I would like to be.

I RE started Cambridge 13 days ago weighing 16 st 2 and lost 11lb on my 1st week.
my next weigh in is tomorrow but good old Mother Nature has arrived and I've had a few bits of protein so not been 100% this week.
TBH any loss this week will amaze me as I am so bloated and usually have a good gain at TOTM :-(

I will update my weight in the morning and take it from there but I am we'll into Ketosis and although I've had a few days feeling tired and am most certainly more ratty than usual plus I am constantly freezing so I'm feeling in the Zone :)

Today I had my first Exante day as there is a fab special offer on making it a much better price than Cambridge so I have 8 weeks of soups and bars :)

I have so far enjoyed the Tom & basil soup and a nut raisin and toffee bar which was very jimmy indeed.
I mixed my soup in a smart shaker which I bought the other day and I have to say I was very impressed, no lumps at all which is one of the only things I was worried about as I tend to buy the ready made shakes from Cambridge. I need not have worried like I say no lumps at all.

I've also had lots of water and will have a further soup later this evening.

I do have quite a few Cambridge porridge packs so may have them alongside the Exante products but as I tend to work late shifts the soups and bars should suit me fine.

Any tips or advice would be great as Exante is all new to me.

I Will read through some diary's this evening as i am off until Tue and hope to be here as much as I was on the Cambridge threads, good luck everyone :)

Morning all

Day 2 of exante this morning and going well.

Mother Nature still here and a very poor weigh in, only 1lb loss but that's 12lb in 2 weeks so I can't grumble at that :)

Current weight 15.4
I'm 5ft 7

Today I shall be enjoying a veg soup ( around 11.30 )

Mushroom soup late afternoon and a choc orange bar early evening :)

I'm just having a green tea and have 3 bottles of water for this morning, with another 3 this afternoon.

I use my iPad and can't figure out how to update my stats on here ?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

Change of plan for today I'm just about to tuck into a porridge pack, hmmmmm smells fab :)

The porridge is lovely.... Its my favourate...

I had porridge for breakfast
Will have a soup for lunch and a bar or soup for tea

I try and drink a litre of water between each food....and usually a boullion half hour before a bar

Enjoy..

Nik
Xx

The porridge is lovely.... Its my favourate...

I had porridge for breakfast
Will have a soup for lunch and a bar or soup for tea

I try and drink a litre of water between each food....and usually a boullion half hour before a bar

Enjoy..

Nik
Xx

My porridge was a Cambridge one, I have quite a few left over as I've not fancied those for a while, funny how now I'm supposed to be 100% Exante my mind now wants the one thing I haven't wanted for weeks. :)

Not sure which soup to have later, decisions decisions lol x

Sounds like you are doing great, well done!

you have done it before so im sure you can do it again :)

Hello :D
I see you want to get to your goal, the same time as me :D
I reckon we have about the same to lose too :D
Good luck :D

Hello :D
I see you want to get to your goal, the same time as me :D
I reckon we have about the same to lose too :D
Good luck :D

Thanks Hunni, I've just had my lunch as I've slept most of the day. Veg soup was rather yummy but I added a dash of chilli power :)

I'm not sure how to change my stats on here as I'm on iPad the screen is different from when I had my laptop :-(

Would love to be slim enough to make me happy for my 40th in July but ultimately I would like to be at goal by our anniversary holiday 9 sept which is exactly a year since our wedding :)

Fingers crossed we can support and motivat each other along the way x x x

I dont thinkn there's a way to change your stats or your signature or any of that stuff on the apps, only on the laptop :(

I dont thinkn there's a way to change your stats or your signature or any of that stuff on the apps, only on the laptop :(

I've just logged into laptop to do it but its as old as the hills and runs far to slow, never mind will have to use it once a week to update ;-(

Wowza I've just had my last product for the day, the choc orange bar and it was flipping fab :)

I did like the Cambridge products especially as they do ready made shakes which were ideal for me for work but so far so good, I'm loving trying something new.

I have to say I bought a smart shake ( shaker ) and none of my soups have had lumps in, I am very impressed with it on that front. It will be good to be able to have something hot at work as I usually make up for lack of hot foods with green tea or peppermint both of which I've come to quite enjoy the past year.

I'm going to avoid the scales until Wed if I can as my TOTM is almost done so I'm hoping for a drop on the scales before my official weigh in on Sunday when I hope to scrape into the 14's :)

I'm off work tomorrow and may manage a nice coastal walk, weather permitting. I'm then back to work until Friday and as I work shifts I have to keep my eye on the ball at all times as the slightest delays or disruption has in the past few months had me reaching for food :-( I work on trains in charge of the catering side and delays are a inevitable part of the job although I do love it often the 1st class food is a bit to much temptation.

Going to have a early night as I've been a footy / golf widow all weekend and although I've napped most of the day I am pretty bushed ( early for me is before midnight )

It's been a strange few days moving to this side from Cambridge but everyone has been great so thank you for all making me feel so welcome :)

I can only change mine on my pc not my phone :(

I want to be a lot thinner by july 14th..for my holiday..and be at target or below for 29th sept... I think we both trying for the same time too...

Nik

Just a word of warning, you're not supposed to use the shaker for hot drinks, it builds up pressure inside and can burst and you can get scalded. I make my soups with a stick blender.

I can only change mine on my pc not my phone :(

I want to be a lot thinner by july 14th..for my holiday..and be at target or below for 29th sept... I think we both trying for the same time too...

Nik

Ooh it's great there are so may of us with the same targets / timescales x x x

Just a word of warning, you're not supposed to use the shaker for hot drinks, it builds up pressure inside and can burst and you can get scalded. I make my soups with a stick blender.

Thanks Hunni, I checked with the guy in the shop and so long as I let the water become hot / tepid rather than boiling he said it should be ok. So far so good although I do have a stick blender from my Cambridge days I wanted to test the shaker for work :)
Thanks for the warning though I will be extra careful x

Ok that's good. Even with making the soup with the stick blender I let it go off the boil for a bit, otherwise I can't drink it for ages anyway.

At work, I do the soup in my shaker, with a bit of cold water, then top up with hot :)
If its not hot enough I microwave it for a few seconds :)
But I agree, my shaker thing with the metal ball thing in it is blooming fab :D

Morning all officially day 2 of Exante and still loving it :) last day off work, just popped to the shops with hubby so slight walk but nothing which I could class as genuine exercise.

Not sure which 3 products I will have today so I shall start with a green tea and more water.

Here's to a good week for all of us :)

Morning all officially day 2 of Exante and still loving it :) last day off work, just popped to the shops with hubby so slight walk but nothing which I could class as genuine exercise.

Not sure which 3 products I will have today so I shall start with a green tea and more water.

Here's to a good week for all of us :)

Well it's almost the end of day 2 and I've had the fruit n nut bar and mushroom soup so far. Both of which were fab :)
Almost at 2 ltr of water but feeling very very tired. Fingers crossed it subsides as I'm back to work tomorrow :-(

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week :)

Back