Day 1 and I am so excited, but can you advise on exercise!?

Caroline_Louise

Gold Member
Hi all,

Just wanted to firstly say thanks and well done to the folks who post on here as that is the reason I decided to start. Lovely open, friendly people and such good advice :)

I've just come back from meeting my consultant who was lovely. I was a bit disapointed when she weighed and measured me as she sad I actually wasn't overweight enough and therefore she couldn't put me on SS (never thought I'd be disapointed at my weight for that reason!). We had a lengthy discussion about BMI etc and how it doesn't account for body shape and things and she was great in understanding how/why i wanted to lose weight instead of what other people say 'oh you look fine, what are you on about!?' (you know those people who won't understand as they don't see you naked!) We agreed I would start step 2 but she also said she can't control what i do at home so, reading between the lines if i want to try SS+ i can. We will see how the week pans out.

I've just had my first choc shake and i have to say, what a pleasant suprise! I've done lots of reading about people saying things were nice and was pretty cynical tbh but, if you didn't tell me I'd have no idea this was a diet drink! Did it with a hand blender and 4 ice cubes and it was yummy :p

My biggest concerns about the diet are related to exercise. In january i started an outdoor bootcamp in a local park (not a military style one, this is run by a normal PT) and i absolutely love it! I go 2-4 times per week and it is pretty intense. Despite the fact I am over weight i have got quite fit and want to continue to get fitter and healthier so really don't want to give it up. Does anyone else do anything similar? I guess I will see tomorrow when i go after my first full day on the diet, lets hope i don't fall over!

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy ramblings but I needed to get this motivation down on paper :-:D

Be careful doing ss+ if you don't have enough to lose as you will lose muscle. You may also not have enough energy for such rigorous exercise & be better suited to step 2. There's a sticky bout exercise at the top of the page that's useful.

I spend an hour and a half at the gym 4 times a week and walk miles....i wouldn't do a boot camp style or any other class tbh. I know my limits and when to stop etc. In a class it can be quite embarrassing to have stop when you just can't hack it x

Thanks for your advice guys. I'm going to start at Step 2 tomorrow as suggested and go to my bootcamp tomorrow. If I'm crap and keep having to sit down (which ur right, would be embarrassing!) then I will give it a miss for a couple of weeks and just run instead. Wonder if I will feel this enthusiastic tomorrow after first full day!? :)

IWillBeAYummyMummy said:
I spend an hour and a half at the gym 4 times a week and walk miles....i wouldn't do a boot camp style or any other class tbh. I know my limits and when to stop etc. In a class it can be quite embarrassing to have stop when you just can't hack it x

Wow that's impressive. A flight of stairs sees me off on cd, I never have energy. Hopefully it'll be a nice bonus of step 3 (along with the tomatoes)!

I tried Zumba and walked 20 mins in lol i've always loved walking even when i was 21 stone i was walking 20 miles every weekend!

Bloody hell that's impressive. I find exercise & fresh air a killer way to beat binge eating urges. But I need to work on doing more exercise as part of my normal routine.

Back