Day 1 - Does this sound good?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by teshy1986, 13 July 2011 Social URL.

1. teshy1986

teshy1986 Member

Hi everyone

I am starting off today!! :) did lots of shopping this morning. Can anyone please let me know if this is good so far

Breakfast - Omelette from 3 medium eggs, 1 small tomato,half a medium onion, thyme, 21g cheddar cheese cooked in 2 tablespoons of olive oil

Lunch - 2 chicken drumstick - about 175 - 200g worth of chicken grilled, broccoli - steamed, added tablespoon of butter on broc + 1 tablespoon of grated cheese

Dinner - going to have grilled salmon + remaining broc from lunch and will add olive oil/butter on fish.

I did not have any snacks as I wasn't hungry but is that too much cheese? does cheese stall anyone? what about double cream, should I only limit myself to how much I can have?

Thanks everyone for all the help!

T xxx :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ransch

ransch Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.16%)
    Diet:
    Atkins (after leaving Dukan)
    I'm no expert but I do know that cheese stalls some people so be careful to keep within your allowance of 4 oz per day. Double cream is OK, lots here have it with a sweetner as a sweet treat, but remember to have enough fat, it sounds crazy I know but you need fat if you want to lose!

4. teshy1986

teshy1986 Member

Thanks for the help. I will try to add more fats, will maybe cook the fish in lots of butter and sprinkle some more olive oil on broc tonight! xxx

5. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    It all looks lovely but I am one of those that cheese stalls. Good to see you going so clean and green. :)

6. teshy1986

teshy1986 Member

Thank you!! and I have to say looking at your food diary, I will definitely try the pork sausages you have for breakfast. less time consuming than making omelettes in the morning before rushing off to work :)

one question about the butter you use, is it unsalted?or does it not matter? xxx

7. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Mine is unsalted but I don't think it matters too much.
    Yes, those chipolatas are yummy. :)

8. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hello and welcome:)

Suggest you swap the onion for spring onion - fewer carbs. And go easy on tomatoes (or avoid) in induction

Good luck;)

9. teshy1986

teshy1986 Member

Okay will do. Thanks for that Kat1e :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.