Day 1 - having my first shake now :/

Maizie

Hi everyone hope we are all well and loosing weight :) This is my second post and I wanted to fill you in and ask for some advice if that is okay :)

So.....I am 23, living in lancashire - over weight and fed up - this is where exante comes in :) I tried my first shake two days ago (strawberry and nearly threw up - it tastes vile :/) but I will have to get used to it!

So I officially started the diet 5 mins ago! i am having a vanilla shake with a spoon of coffee in and it is lush! so good start - i have just finished a 12 hour night shift and am absolutely starving :( - should be having toast now hehe! i am feeling positive but wondering how long it will take for the hunger pains to stop? (I simply cant get over the whole 200-250ms thing and it is so runny and not milkshake like!

Anyway I am feeling okay about the whole thing at the minute and wanted to know if there are any new starters this week and if anybody can give advice on when the hunger thing will stop :/

Hope you all have a lovely day

Maizie x

Hello and welcome!

The first 3-4 days are the hardest. After this you should go into a state of mild ketosis, and the hunger will reduce significantly.

I have never had the large losses that some do - but, I am losing weight steadily.

For the first time in many years I actually feel in control around food.

I am very glad to have found Exante, and very grateful for the support of this forum.

Good luck on your journey! :)

Thank you Darcy and well done on your steady weight loss :)

I am struggling so bad right now and am craving toast and a cuppa with sugar hehe!

Do you know if I can drink flavoured tea for example:- peppermint, strawberry?

Maizie x

Hi! Welcome to Exante. Im only on day 4 but Im here to tell you it gets much easier so stick with it! Im not sure about the tea but Im sure someone will let you know. Good luck with week 1 xxx

Thank you Karen - well done on sticking with it till day 4 - I must say - I have certainly been tested tonight - my family came round and ordered an indian takeaway!!! and the children had chocolates etc! it was difficult, but I must say the hardest part is now - I am not a big sleeper and being so hungry is making it worse - can't wait for week one to be over and the cravings and hunger pains to stop :)

Maizie x

Hi Hun I'm on day 2/3 as its so early! And as everyone says first few days are the toughest! I've had a sneaky weighin and looks like ice lost 7 lbs already! I'm
In Lancashire too hun! Stick with it, by day 5 it will be full steam ahead!!!

Stick with it and it will work!

Peppermint tea is fine - fruit teas are not recommended as they contain citric acid.

Good luck! :)

Good luck Maisie ! Marks do a too bush tea with vanilla which tastes tea like and sweet or you can have regular tea with a teaspoon of vanilla shake and a sweetener . No toast substitute tho !! Some folks do have a drop of milk in tea and that helps. Coke zero is also fine and a glass can help cravings .....very good luck and focus on how fab you will look by summer ......

Ketosis will kick in by Tuesday and hunger pangs will vanish x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi and welcome! I'm on day 6 today, and feeling really good as I'm in ketosis now :) The first few days are the hardest, and I had an awful headache for day 3/4 - this is carb withdrawal symptoms!! All gone now, and now working on a routine that works for me. You need to focus on your goals. X

Hi Maizie, welcome to minis and really really well done for resistingg the Indian (my favourite takeaway)!!!

As everyone says, the first few days are the hardest and if you can get through them then you'll find everything a lot easier.

I stocked up on coke zero a few days ago (I used to easily drink 2-3 litres of fizzy pop a day) but havent even touched it yet as am finding that the water is keeping me full and doing wonders for my skin.

Good luck in your first week and I cant wait to read your first weigh in results x

Thank you all for your kind words and support - this forum is starting to be a life saver! Just been and done the food shop with my other half - ran past the bread! am now eating my lunch time bar and i think I will treat myself to a coke zero later on - I jumped on the scales earlier (silly i know after a day) but i have lost 1lb! it used to take me 5 days to do that!

Am off swimming tomorrow too :)

Ho are you guys doing with weight loss?

Maizie x

Back