Day-1 Meal-1....dear god almighty eugh!!!!

Clare G.

Have been trying to eat a peanut flap-jack for about an hour now. Can only do it with great big gulps of coffee at same time as taste making me boak!! The actual peanuts are ok but the taste of the bar is awfull, am fit to burst with liquid and still about 1/4 of it to go! Am really worried now about the rest of the products as dont think I could do it if
they are all like this and gona have to wear a bikini IN PUBLIC in 7 weeks!!!! Also can anyone tell me as I have already lost a stone over the last 12weeks will I still get the dramatic 1st week weight loss?? am currently 12stone 5

REally can't say with any certainty what loss you'll have - it should still be reasonably significant but we are all different and can vary a lot!

I've not tried flapjacks yet, but from all reports you have prob chosen the worst thing for your first 'meal'! sorry!

I like all the shakes and have all 3 flavours every day, and the soup can be ok (have gone off it now and won't be having it again) - love it or hate it, tends to be the reaction.

i add a teaspoon of espresso powder to vanilla for breakfast, and have also tried it with choc which is fine too. keep meaning to combin half choc and half strawb. some make up the choc with cold peppermint tea but that made me feel really sick!

good luck and well done on your weight loss so far!

Hello elle-emm
Thankyou very much for replying, feel bit beter knowing that. Will try a shake next, perhaps chocolate mmmmmm (I hope!!)

Oh, poor you Claire....I tried the peanut one in my first week too, and I only managed two bites. I just couldnt stomach it.....it was a taste of marmite, but worse...well, it was the taste more than the texture I didnt like....BUT, I am having a go at the coconut one this week...think my palate has changed so much over the 10 weeks that I might just like it now!!!

The choc is lovely. I crush lots of ice and have it with the ice and water..around 300ml of water. If you are at work, it isnt easy to crush ice I suppose, but some just have it with loads of ice.......

You did start with the worst thing...but I like the shakes, apart from vanilla, but that is just personal....

Hope you get on ok with the choc......try and have it with really cold water, it certainly tastes better than luke warm, room temperature water..that might just tip you over the edge a bit!

TAke care

agree with Scotsmist - choc is my fave with loads of crushed ice. i have that for dinner, strawberry is my lunch.

You can also have them hot, though personally i don't like them hot at all, taste too chalky for me. but people find it helps especially if they don't drink tea or coffee as you feel the cold the skinnier you get ;) Don't shake them in the shaker though if you have hot water, just use normal whisk/blender.

hi clare

i have to agree with the ladies there - you have chosen the worst thing to have first!! I tried the coconut one in my first week and was the same as you. It took me about 2hrs to eat it!!

The shakes are much nicer. And I agree too that you need loads of ice in them (or water from the cooler if you're in work)

Stick with it though. When you have your first weigh in it will spur you on no end. The results really are fantastic.

Best of luck x

skinnyminny's right - the results will speak for themselves after a few weeks! it's worth persevering with the flavours as much as you can.

I must remember to get one of each flavour flapjack tomorrow, will feel very strange to have some solid food to chomp on after so long the only crunch i've had has been ice!

Hi Clare

Well I tried my first peanut flapjack today and OMG I was heaving after the first bite and spat it straight in the bin, I will not be having another one.

Ive just started my wk 2 and the first wk is ok if you can get through it, I would stick with the shakes and the chicken soup. I didnt find the shakes to nice so I added 2 tablet sweetners to it crushed up and blended them with a whisk and they are now actually really nice, I couldnt have them without sweetner...

The chicken soup is ok if you add a bit of curry powder and pepper to it. I would stay clear of the flapjacks they are awful and im now to scared to try the coconut one.

Good luck with the rest of the wk x x x

just to add - LT say to add NOTHING to the soups or shakes. pepper is not allowed as it's a berry. just a note of caution - people have added various things and continued to lose, but if in doubt - add nothing!

LT is meant to change your palate so really, we're not meant to like the stuff. though, obviously we have to be able to at least stomach them, lol ;)

best of luck!

I can't stomach the flap jacks or the soup, so I have just got the milkshakes. Starting again on Monday after having a 3 month break, a all inclusive holiday and a 10lb gain.

I could not stomach the flap jack or soups, everyone seems to be different. I didnt mind the shakes though in fact looked forward to them as the weeks went by and actually heard myself say"ah,that was nice" on a few occasions. lol xx

Back