Day 1 nearly over.... booo

StaceyEnright

Hi there everyone,

Day 1 of the LT diet, I am literally the epitome of a NEWBIE :)... Have to say, it hasn't been the worst like i had imagined... I am feeling quite somber though and I am freezing all day :( :sigh:...

If anyone has any words of wisdom, pray tell... e.g.. When did the weight loss start to kick in? Is there a significant weight loss in the 1st week as knowing me if I don't see results I'll wimp out. Can you exercise also on the diet? Any replies will be very much appreciated ;);)

Thanks peeps :)

Hey Stacey
Well done getting thru day1! Get used to being cold, it's normal for this diet and is ongoing but manageable, just wrap up a bit more.
You'll see the loss quickly, and your first week is usually the highest weight loss week so well worth sticking to it.
It's also usually the hardest week until you go into ketosis and you don't feel hungry anymore.
Have your 3 shakes every day.
Most are told not to exercise as a combination of low calories and exercise may take your body into starvation mode and your body won't let go.
Drink water but don't go mad.
This forum is a such a great place for support. Good luck and look forward to your loss next week. Kay :)

Hello Stacey, welcome to the forum. I agree with everything Teapot has put above. Definitely get used to feeling cold! The first week is tough but hang in there because the rewards are really worth it. Make sure you're drinking between 2 and 4 litres of water every day aswell as the water for your shakes. You are allowed to drink sparkling and soda water aswell as still. You can use hot water for your shakes to help warm you up but I prefer mine made with ice cold water. I personally only like the chocolate ones and I mix mine with 500ml of ice cold water as I prefer them thinner and also it helps to use up some of the extra water you need to drink. Heavy excercise should definitely be avoided as this will slow down your weight loss. Best wishes for your first week.

Back