Day 12, and I've messed up :(

Linda S

So yesterday was day 12 for me and I managed to mess things up! Last night for some unknown reason I ate 5 biscuits, 4 chocolates and then some fish in parsley sauce!!! Really annoyed with myself, especially as I got on the scales this morning and it looks lkike I've gained 3lbs over night!! Feel like throwing the towel in!! Going to try hard to stick to 3 shakes a day instead of my usual 4 until my weigh in on Monday, and hope this helps. I was doing so well, can't believe I gave in!!!

No point bearing yourself up it's done now - I went off the rails far wore than u!!!! Just move on n be good it doesn't always wreck it ESP if u have few more days b4 weigh in- up your water intake too that will help....good luck x

Thanks. Going to try my best. Was just so shocked when scales said +3lbs! Wasn't like I went out for a slap up meal! Gonna find a ketosis stick, and keep my fingers crossed it's still pink.

Be careful reducing your shakes it could make you feel worse if you are on 4 due to your height. I've missed a couple unintentionally & I feel really ill.

Think about what you're saying, you're cross with yourself for eating do why would you throw the towel in? This will make you much more cross & unhappy as what you want was not to have cheated. Quitting now will make you feel worse.

I know Annie. It's just cheating makes me feel like I've failed, and when I feel a failure, I just think "that's it I can't do this" and quit. So wanted to stay 100% and up until last night I had every confidence in myself. Maybe I should try and think like it never happened!

That's exactly how I always think, I guess most of us do. In terms of 'I've not lost any weight' etc so turn to food. For someone like my bf who is like a rake, this makes no sense to him so I'm trying to adopt his way of thinking.

You'll feel so much better for overcoming this hurdle, just use it as a chance to feel really strong when you successfully restart. This time next week rather than feeling a failure for eating you'll feel proud & strong that you dealt with it. I guess it also teaches you about dealing with food in 'the real world' where you might eat more than you want.

Good luck :)

Yes, pookie, my consultant gave me 4 sticks on my first visit, but I do know you can buy them from some chemists.

Your right Annie. I should see this as a challenge to stick to it and be proud that I could cope with a setback and still succeed. Yep, that's the way to think :)

Hi Linda, so what...don't beat yourself up about it...most of us fall by the wayside from time to time and so just write the day off and carry on as normal. Btw I wouldn't change your 4 packs a day if that's what your body is used to. Good luck x

Today is day 12 for me so am only one day behind. We can do it together! I'm such an all or nothing person I'm sure I wouldn't take my own advice, but if you can get back on it you can deal with anything! :)

Recognise what a brilliant job you're doing - You've come here to talk about it, haven't you? That's the sign of someone who's keen to care about themselves and get slimmer and healthier..

ok, so you've had a little slip.. but you don't need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.. and we all face challenges at times.. it's only a glitch, not your whole life..

yes it's useful to look at the scales sometimes, but we need to look at the pattern over time, and use it to plan.. the scales are no use to you at all if you're using them to get down hearted and feel like comfort eating.. scales change too readily, our bodies change too readily.. don't let a tiny slip stop you from achieving everything you're wanting to achieve! You can do this! x

Thank you guys :)

Just been to loo and..... yay!..... ketosis stick is still pink :) Doesn't feel so bad now :)

Gonna forget the blip, look at the bigger picture... onwards and upwards :)

Back