Day 12. Blew it last night but starting where I left off today

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by Dancing, 11 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

arrrggghhhh

I really did know not to carb-up before starting the diet... but I ignored that fact as I was in a carb frenzy. Now I'm paying with hunger! My bad

So, I've restarted today, having managed to pretty much maintain my weight for almost two years (up and down but not too bad)... until I left an asian country to arrive in Australia for a few months. I've gone silly with all the carbs, alcohol, etc. Put on about one and a half to two stone in two months (thats about 6 to 10 kg).

I'm posting here, because I know this site helped me in my first few days when I first did a vlcd.

arrrggghhhhh ... want to eat. Have had a butterscotch shake, and a litre of water. Will delay my next shake for a couple of hours at least.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

Hi as you know once you are in Ketosis you will be feeling alot better!

Good luck.x

Dancing likes this.
  4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes.. and that's what is stopping me from picking at anything. Thanks for replying!

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

and, seeing your photo on here and your achievement, just gave me an extra spurt of determination. Thanks!

*Shanny* likes this.
  6. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

Thank you ive had my up's and down's on this diet but sticking at it not giving up is the key for me.!!

Good luck and think slim lol x

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Day three. Not really hungry. So only the demons to fight and the habit of picking. Friday night will be tough so I'm going for a swim after work instead of opening a bottle of wine as I normally do.

Hip hip hooray for day three

8. Narkyknickers

Narkyknickers Come on girl!

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.52%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    You can do this dancing - it is harder to return, but you can do it!

Dancing likes this.
  9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I'm not drinking as much water as I used to on this diet. About to drink another pint now.

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I'm on Day four. I've used protein every day so far, and will do today also. I do intend to stop doing that as I know it will affect my weight loss and thus my motivation. However, I will eat protein again today. None tomorrow!

I have to go for a swim today. I've talked myself out of it the past two days. Can't do it again today. Just have to ignore the stubborn side that doesn't want to get into the pool. Get it over with and enjoy not having to go tomorrow! ha, ha.

I really do want to do this without adding protein. I will do it but I'm not going to beat myself up over using it to get started either.... If I weren't doing this, i'd be stuffing myself with food and alcohol. I'm doing good. I've set guidelines that keep me in control and that I can work with for now.

11. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

Hey chick when is your weigh in day??x

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hello. I soo want to weigh myself today, but I'm not weighing until Saturday which will be when I complete 7 days.

Day 5 for me today... how did that happen? woo hoo.....

I really don't know what to expect on the scales. I'm usually a big loser but I usually do it 100% This time, with added protein, I don't know what will happen....

Thanks for checking in.

13. Narkyknickers

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.52%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi Dancing, how you feeling today?

Day 5 wow, i thought i wasn't going to make it on day 4 i felt soooooooo bad, but i am here now and although i remember how hard it was i have come through it.

Come on girl, keep going you can do it you know you can x

14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

hi. Today was such a good day to start with... but then after work i was exhausted, moody, just wiped out (totm and starting this combining I guess0. I ALMOST pigged out, but knew I'd hate myself for spoiling a week.... I did stop and buy some cheese. Not good for calories but kept me in my only just obtained ketosis state. I have no regrets about the cheese.

I just hope my energy levels pickup soon. I know they will when I'm well and truly in ketosis.

Good on you, Karen for not breaking on day four.

Day six for me tomorrow. I'm going to make an extra good one.

X

15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Weighed myself today.

Good news lost 7 pounds
    Bad news lost 7 pounds
    Rationale: it has been my totm (I always lose about 2 or 3lb less during that week and then one or two weeks after have a big loss). I've eaten a fair bit of protein as well.

So, it's all good in the hood, so to speak. I could have lost more in my first week. I'm happy I've managed to actually keep on the plan and that I've lost half a stone. I'll eat less protein next week. Drink more water, and hope for a 5lb loss.

Off to have a coffee.

16. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

7 lbs in one week is fantastic x

17. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thank you... yes, any week except my first week :(.. but I am happy to have reached half a stone loss.

Thanks a lot

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Narkyknickers

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.52%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    well done dancing x

20. Gemma

Gemma Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Well done dancing, your doing fab

Dancing likes this.
  21. Gemma

Gemma Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Not sure if you have mentioned it before but are you planning on going back to Cambodia or do you have something else lined up

22. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hi Gemma. I'm going back to Cambodia. Ticket is booked for 18 October.

I have absolutely no idea how long I'll be there, nor what I'd do if I didn't go there/or when I leave there.
    I'm looking forward to going back to warm weather and the different lifestyle... also, to not having to think about what I eat (because rubbish food is less available) and managing to remain relatively stable in my weight.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.