Day 12 Review

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Hi All,

Just to update you. I have decided that Dukan is not for me and will have to go to plan B. I have been having two PV days the last couple of days to see if that makes a difference but it didn't. Anyway the feeling unwell for 12 days doesn't outweigh the weight loss and I have lost 6 pounds to date. I think some people's body composition is not made up for a ketongenic diet with other factors playing a part. Well I am being positive about it all I have had a detox and kick start to my weight loss. I am currently doing a Mindfulness course and a weight management course for women so these are all helping with the cause.

I am left with considering:

The diet plate
Calorie counting
Getting a diet plan from a dietician.

Any thoughts?

Sorry to hear Dukans not for you but horses for courses, you have given it a decent run to have made your own mind up....I've never heard of the plate diet before...that's new to me. What ever you decide I wish you luck and success x

Good luck Sammy, in whatever you choose next.

I tried the diet plate but my piles were getting increasingly taller!! ;) You can get them really cheaply on eBay.

If you chose calorie counting, there are some brilliant websites/apps to help with this - Livestrong and Fitday particularly.

Best of British

P x

Sorry to hear that Sammy I know you were struggling :( it was good to chat anyway so do drop in and let us know How your getting on :) good luck xxx

Hi All,

Thanks for the luck. Well despite my experience I can't seem to eat or stomach much. It's an awful feeling but it's keeping things under control!

Will be in and out on the forum!

Have a good weekend.

Sammy

I initially lost some weight on Slimming World, then some with calorie counting, and now i'm on dukan to lose the last stone. I will have used all 3 methods to help me shed 3 st!

Loved all 3 if i'm honest, i just get really bored, go off plan for a few weeks then need a fresh approach to get me back into losing again, hence hopping from one to the other.

Last edited:
Hi again,

Welcoming off Dukan isn't pleasant either though I haven't been over doing it. All of yesterday I felt like I had a stomach bug, didn't fancy eating anything. Didn't eat much, when I did it was 'being sick food' and ate for the need to eat. I honestly thought I was going to throw up.

Anyway I'm not drawn to counting or weighing. I don't know about you all but I'm tired if dieting. I like the idea of the diet plate (have a set), the diet plan from the dietician I guess they work out the counting or weighing and I pick from the list. I will check out SW as a friend's got the materials on it and go from there.

What I do know:

I don't want undo what I've achieved so far
Move forward
Not lose weight really slow
Protein needs to be the centre of the plan
Needs to fit into my lifestyle
Weekends relax but not too much with food choices

Have a good weekend!

Sammy

SW worked for me 12 year ago, I would stick to red days(I know its changed slightly with the extra easy) but loads of protien, 2 bread,2 weetabix 1/2 pint skimmed milk, muller yoghurts. That was my diet for 9 month and I did lose, my problem ended up being syns, started being a proper sinner and having to many. Hopefully if that's the route you take don't lose your halo and be good x :)

Hi Sididd,

Thanks for sharing on you SW days. I'm swaying towards it particularly the red days. Got a friend who printed all the material off so hoping to get it from her on Thursday. I think the red days might be the way forward for me too.

Sammy

SAMMY whatever you decide to do good luck- finding the right plan for you is vital - knowing that you want to lose the weight is a great start and I think the diet plate is a good plan - perhaps start using it just to remind yourself to make good choices... I have done every diet going and they all work if you follow them - some suit different people better but honestly all the ones I stuck to worked extremely well!!! Just thinking about what you are eating is a great start..... Good luck with whatever decision you make.....

Hi Sididd,

Thanks for sharing on you SW days. I'm swaying towards it particularly the red days. Got a friend who printed all the material off so hoping to get it from her on Thursday. I think the red days might be the way forward for me too.

Sammy

Oh Sammy you jetsetter you!

I wonder if all these problems are due to an underlying health issue rather than dieting. I know Dukan is a ketosis based diet but it is also fresh meat and veg, you've been poorly off and on since we "met" 7 weeks ago :(. Have you thought about going to the doc for a bit of a general health check?

I don't really know about the plate diet in detail but it sounds like it might be the way to go, that way you can eat what you need to eat to make yourself well again in the right portions.

You'll find the right way for you, don't get het up about it just be chilled and go with the flow. If you're not gaining your winning ;)

Oh meant to say I've been reasonably successful on SW before but it stopped working for me, I kidded myself I was sticking to it but would have my syns three times over, it was a bit like when you get birthday money and you buy three times as much as things with it as you had!

I find Dukan much easier as its so much stricter and we can't have all those addictive things where one is not enough!

Sorry it didn't work out for you Sammy, but you have so much determination you will find a way to shift the weight you want to lose in a way that suits you!! Take care hun and don't forget to pop by and let us know how you are getting on xx big hugs x

Hi Sididd,

Thanks for that. The red days sounds good with a bit of carbs thrown in. How much did you lose on SW?

I lost 3 stone on sw, found it ok and kept it off for a few year then during a stressful situation I ate my way through it......but lesson learned, I won't be doing it again x hope you succeed with your weight loss, its just finding the right one for you x

Back