Day 2 Advice :D

TonyR

I woke up quite late this morning , had my shake and a banana.

But last night was a living hell , is it really supposed to be this hard? I mean i was so hungry and im by no means starving myself , i had 3 shakes yesterday and a light meal , a ham sandwich with no butter. My stomach is always telling me im hungry , i am avoiding all the temptions in my house hold. Im drinking zero sugar/zero calorie fizzy drinks to try and fill myself up , i had a pint of zero dr pepper to last me threw out the entire day i had a glass of water i know thats bad but atleast im drinking it again.

As it stands this how my daily rountine:

Morning - Shake and a piece of fruit

Lunch - Shake

Dinner - 600 calorie meal within read

Snack - and maybe a slimfast snack a chocolate bar or something.

Im sure thats ok , but why is it hurting my stomach so much? I gained all my weight during a really really bad period of depression i gained 8 stone in a year ive not always been 19 stone , my average weight from 13 to 18 was 13 stone im 23 now. Im getting weird cravings as well , for food i dont even like , i could of died for a cheese pizza and i hate cheese and pizza lol , everything seems worth eating to me at the moment.

I was told day 1 is the hardest but day 2 doesn't seem to be any easier at all. And almost all my activities i do at home require me to eat rubbish , watching a movie , gaming online , its like i cant eat whilst im doing any of these things. I suffer from BPD which is borderline personality disorder i have big issues with going outside and dealing with the public in general , behind a computer desk im fine and it really limits my activities / work out. Im almost positive i will loose the weight i want by the end of the year its just a case of finding ways to deal with these stupid cravings and avoiding all the rubbish , my smoking has gone up to! =0 I almost quit and now my smoking has increased back to 20 a day.

Im just trying to figure out ways to inspire myself to keep calm and carry on.

I would also like to know are these foods ok for the meal?

Humus with 2 pitas wholegrain toasted.

Eggs scrambled with semi skimmed milk on a slice of toast wholegrain.

If you can give me more advice about everything above and suggested light meals please respond.

Thanks for reading

Tony:]

Hi Tony

Firstly well done for resisting last night! Are you having you three snacks a day too?

I find drinking diet fizzy drinks makes me feel more hungry! I know it's not ideal but water really does curb hunger - if you can't stomach it on its own then sugar free squashes with it is great (check they don't contain aspartame in as that's the stuff in diet drinks that makes you hungry)

I use my fitness pal (both as an app and online) to track what I'm eating - it's got calorie counts for everything on there It's great! And if you do any kind of exercise you log that too and that gives you more calories to use on food as its your net calorie goal that's important.

I have been doing it for 9 days now and it definately gets easier but it does take a couple of days

today is my day 1 and today has been hard.... i havent been fancying anything inparticular but just anything to eat it felt strange having lunch but not eating if that makes sense.
I am also doing ww. so im trying to combine the 2.. lol.

I am hoping day 2/3 gets easier.

anyway back to you
have you got a wii? could you exercise on that? or walk up and down the stairs for exercise.

hope you continue to carry on with this and drink your water.
:whacky068:

Hey and welcome. The first 3 days are the hardest I find but after that it does get easier. I am never hungry because I drink between 2 and 4 litres of water which really helps. Keep busy and try not to over analyse your food it can become an obsession when doing a plan like SF.

All the best and keep popping on here there is usually someone lurking who can help if you're struggling xx

Im a newbie and start tomorrow. Actually quite excited for a chocolate shake for breakfast. Funny feeling ill regret saying that.. Think by midday ill be living for my weight watchers tikka massala for dinner. Keep me posted on all your progress, I love hearing them.

Hey guys

Cheers for all the responses im also mixing up weight watchers with slim fast now. Its something my sister figured out in sainsburys , and your right all it does get easier im no where near as hungry as i was on day 1 , day 3 tomorrow cant wait! :p And the wii fit is a great idea. So far its been ok , heres my break down of before and after including old and new calorie content.

Before : A weekly total of 65.471 caliroes a week!

Now im ruffly 7700 a week.

Heres a break down of my daily routine:

Breakfast: Chocolate or strawberry shake and a banana

Lunch: A shake on its own

Dinner: A random weight watchers meal

And im dying for something to eat i will eat a slimfast snack super slow with a cup of coffee and slender.

Overall at the end of day 2 which is today , its been ok apart from the morning , i feel a lot more energized than i did on day 1.

On a side note:

Ive been a member on here for a while , and ive gained a lot more weight since the last time ive signed in , i will update it all after this post. But truth be told i almost had a heart attack a few months back and it was the single most scariest thing ive ever been threw. So im back , my mum also used this site a lot when she was slimming down.

My goal weight is 13 stone , im 19.10 stone at the moment which i will update , im hoping to get to my goal weight by the end of the year.

Well done on getting through another day. Every day is a step closer to a new you.

I need to refocus, that happens sometimes for me especially when there's so much going on in my life. So it's nice to know people are coming on here and I get inspiration from that regardless of the content of the post. I suppose it's knowing I'm not alone in all of this x

Some wise words someone told me the other day when I was stressing because I'd gone over my calorie goal - this is a JOURNEY not a race.

Accept that it's likely you will take a couple of wrong turns but you will arrive at your destination in the end - if you try to race to get there you may never get there at all! I thought that was good advice - especially for me who as always wanting to get there the fastest!

Had our new born 4 week old baby up all night only just woke up , and this strawberry shakes have never tasted so dam good!

i am on day two today and it is nowhere near as hard as yesterday i actually got on my scales today and i have lost 2lbs since yesterday
keep going i am sure this time next week it will be 2nd nature and so much easier.

i am thinking next week i may have a coupke of weightwatcher ready meals at lunch time and a shake later on when i get in from work but i wil see

Just had my first 15 minute work out , i did a few reps with the weights and a few other things to build up a good sweat i also did a few push ups and a few situps. Not felt my muscles in years. Good day today.

A friend of mine did the math

1g of fat is 9kcal

454g's in a lb. 454 x 9 = 4086kcal per lb of fat.

You need to know your maintenance calories (Google TDEE calculator if you dont know it) lets say its 2500kcal. You need 2500 x 7 = 17500 per week to survive. You are feeding yourself 7700. 17500 - 7700 = 9800. 9800kcal is coming from yours stores of energy. 9800kcal / 4086 = ~2.5lbs per week. But like I said, your body isn't that efficient, it can't turn 100% of fat into energy. So I would add a bit onto that, 3-4lb per week I would estimate. So 13-17lbs a month.

Hi tony,
I hope I'm not going to sound rude here, but yr profile pic is so small I can't see it, and Tony is male or female name.
I wondered if u realised for famales it's a 600 cal evening meal and for males it's a 800 cal meal.
But if you wanted to check the slim fast web site have advisors to help
Just a thought x

Hi tony,
I hope I'm not going to sound rude here, but yr profile pic is so small I can't see it, and Tony is male or female name.
I wondered if u realised for famales it's a 600 cal evening meal and for males it's a 800 cal meal.
But if you wanted to check the slim fast web site have advisors to help
Just a thought x

Im a guy and the profile picture is small because it was taken with a very bad camera so the resolution is really bad. Yeah i know but ive decided to limit myself to a lot more at the moment.

Ive just weighted myself in for the first time since the diet , im currently at 18 stone 3 pounds , which is odd because a week ago the scale said 19 stone 10 pounds , 2 completely different both working scales.

:S

I'm finding the snacks really helpful in keeping my hunger at bay between shakes, there are so many things (ready made or that you can make yourself) that are 100 calories. Also, I wouldn't have too much less than the recommended calories on the plan as though this might work for a bit it could be difficult to maintain long term :)

Lol I like my mother inlaws scales as they are a good 5 lb lighter than mine, but as long as you weigh on the same scales it will give you an accurate loss. When you get to some where near your target it is better to go by measurements and feeling comfortable in your clothes.
I used to get upset when I compared myself to my cousin, she is 3" taller than me but we were the same size clothes, same shoe size but I was a good stone heavier, could never work it out :s
I think most people here tweak a diet to suit themselves and get some fab results, some times it is a case of trail and error.
Keeping motivated and focused is the key... Good luck

Had my morning shake , some fruit , afternoon shake some fruit and then a decent 600 cal meal for myself + a weight watchers yoghurt. All things considered its going well still , still having a lot of hunger pains but its only been a week and i am cutting out a lot of rubbish.

Back