Day 3 and feeling dreadful

jsy

Hello.

I am on day 3 and feeling awful, is this normal? I have been light headed, feeling faint, nausea and absolutely lifeless.
Please tell me it gets better! :cry:

Julie

jsy said:
Hello.

I am on day 3 and feeling awful, is this normal? I have been light headed, feeling faint, nausea and absolutely lifeless.
Please tell me it gets better! :cry:

Julie

It does get better just hang in there I'm on day 26 now never thought I wud get there but loving it now and it's so worth it just make sure u drinking 3ltrs of water a day

Hi jsy

I'm on day 4 and know how you feel. Yesterday I was an emotional wreck. Today I managed to go for quite a long walk with my kids so am definitely feeling a bit better. I did have a small chicken and salad yesterday and a small glass of coke zero. Not sure if either of those made a difference but i'm still in ketosis and I was ready to give in yesterday!

I'm feeling MUCH more positive today and can really see this diet is going to work wonders for me. Please stick with it. Have a lovely bubble bath, and an early night. That usually works for me x

Hi ladies I'm also on day 4and feel fab!! Could have cried yesterday though!! Bubble bath and early night defo a great tip!! Stick with it and please update after your first weigh in!!! :) x x

JessieJ - I DID cry, not just a bit... Full on sobbing. My brother walked in on me as he was visiting and just laughed. He tried to be sympathetic but I know what he's thinking - this girl's crying because she wants to eat food!! I can understand someone who's naturally thin seeing that as funny :)

The tears came at the end of a hard two days watching my brother eat nachos, pizza, burger king etc.

Honestly though, I feel like a different person today and am so glad I didn't lose it! X

Hehe how mean!! You've done amazing to resist all those foods I've been making my hubby eat in the car on the way back from the shop haha!! You are amazingly strong u can do it!! How much you got to lose??? X

Aww Thanks ladies. Have just had a bubble bath and feeling a bit better.
I too have had to 'smell' all the cooking going on here today... My lot had Bacon for breakfast, Pannini's for lunch and a pasta bake for dinner! At least my hubby cooked it all!!
Weekends are not a good time to start don't you think? I will be glad to go to work tomorrow and get into a good routine! I have had 2 diet cokes today, I found they gave me a bit of energy. My cdc said I could have one a day, but really felt I needed it.

Your lucky mine has told me no caffeine at all! :)
Depends what your job is I suppose I'm a nanny so last 3days have not seen any food but for next 4days will be cooking 3 meals and 3snacks and puddings for the little munchkins! I tried to start when I was working but I kept putting stuff in my mouth from their food and being like o I've cheated ill start tomoro this went on for 10days haha but cracked it now and feel confident about going back to work!! But glad you can feel better at work!! Looking forward to hearing about your energy kicking in tomoro :) x x

Hang in there! Day 3 and 4 were horrible for me... It does get easier i am now on day 6 feeling much better. Still feel sicky at times and havent experienced the 'full of energy' but certainly feel better than I did. 6 pounds lost so far :) keep going!!!!

katywoo87 said:
Hang in there! Day 3 and 4 were horrible for me... It does get easier i am now on day 6 feeling much better. Still feel sicky at times and havent experienced the 'full of energy' but certainly feel better than I did. 6 pounds lost so far :) keep going!!!!

Well done on your 6lb loss!! :) x

My start weight was 12.2.4 and my current target is 10 stone. I'd love to finally be 9 something though.

Making your hubby eat in car - I love that!!

Re caffeine, even the book says you can have tea and coffee. It's too hard to go through carb and caffeine withdrawal at the same time!

My CDC said no diet coke, something to do with the acids reacting with the food? But I have read online that some people have been told they can have coke zero so I've had half a glass of that when desperate!

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
My start weight was 12.2.4 and my current target is 10 stone. I'd love to finally be 9 something though.

Making your hubby eat in car - I love that!!

Re caffeine, even the book says you can have tea and coffee. It's too hard to go through carb and caffeine withdrawal at the same time!

My CDC said no diet coke, something to do with the acids reacting with the food? But I have read online that some people have been told they can have coke zero so I've had half a glass of that when desperate!

That's good then I'll start having some tea? What about sweeteners? ;)
He's gd bless him he doesn't think I need to lose weigh but knows how unhappy I am and how many items of my clothes don't fit so is helping lots :)
I'm 12st4 and my first target is 10 something then 9something but will be happy to be 11something hopefully soon!!! Looking forward to weighing tomoro but worried cause have had a few naughty things! Fri - a mouthful of Bolognese sat -half a glass of white wine and yes 8olives :( but today nothing and am very chuffed! X x

That's good that your treat (coke zero) is something u r really sort of allowed its being naughty but not! X x

Yes you can have sweeteners in your tea or coffee! On ss+ you can even have skimmed milk!

Yes at the moment I feel naughty about the coke zero and the two bites of lamb chop I had off the kids' plates! Lol. Funny how things change so quickly!

It's the Citric acid in most soft drinks that can knock you out of ketosis...coke zero doesn't have that. I use truvia sweetener, it has no calories or carbs and tastes just like sugaar and not like sweetener at all!
Good luck everyone!!

Hey. Dont give up! Day 3 and 4 are the hardest. Day 4 I was in tears making my 4 little ones dinner haha! I was just looking at their food and started blubbering saying to my hubby! Im friggin starving and just want to eeeaaaaatttt!!!!! Anyway I am SO glad I resisted!! Day 5 i woke up refreshed and FULL of energy, hunger pangs gone! Am on day 9 now and feel great! I lost 14.5lbs on my first weigh in which was amazing!! Still got 2 st 10lb to lose to get to my target of 9 stone( pre kiddie weight)! Good luck, you can do it!! Drink plenty of water at leastg 3 litres! I have found it SO much easier to drink with a straw! Dont know why but just seems to go down easier! And everytime you want to give in just think how amazing you will look in just a few short weeks if you stick to it
xx

Tess thats fantastic,14lbs in a week! Wow, def feel inspired now. Well done.
I am feeling much better today, in a positive frame of mind.
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between coke zero and diet coke? or is it the same thing?

Julie

jsy said:
Tess thats fantastic,14lbs in a week! Wow, def feel inspired now. Well done.
I am feeling much better today, in a positive frame of mind.
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between coke zero and diet coke? or is it the same thing?

Julie

Dont take this as Gospel as id hate to say this an im wrong but Its the citric acid content I believe... some cheaper store diet options contain no citric acid.. you have to have a good look tho and check x

Back