Day 3 refeed question.

Minotaurus

so, I was reading day 3 of the literature more closely a few minutes ago and I'm wondering now.

It says lunch and dinner as day one. Then it has important: you can now have 'for' 8oz potatoe etc etc for lunch OR dinner.

I emphasised the -for dinner-. Is this potatoe instead of everything or in addition to everything? This literature really has no appreciation for the autistic amoung us with it's rubbery wording.

Also, the pharmacist said (the one I don't like) no bars for the first few days as the maintenance food, shakes only.

Is this true? If so what day are they opened up as an option, literature just says maintenance food x1 etc for everyday, which a bar is afterall.

Day 3

Breakfast 1 x Lipotrim serving or Maintenance Formula
Lunch Small meal as above dinner suggestion in Day 1
Dinner Small meal as above dinner suggestion in Day 1

Same as Day 2, but you may also have - at one meal only - an 8 ounce potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked, but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yogurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs.

Important: You must NOT eat bread, grains (rice), pasta, fruit. No alcohol, no fruit juice.
The 3rd day is the first day you can introduce 1 x 8oz potato to have in addition to your lunch and dinner meals and 1 x Maintenance Formula.

You can have a Maintenance Formula bar instead of a shake.

She must be confusing Lipotrim TFR where they do not like to give newbies flapjacks until they get use to the vitamins as the taste is very concentrated in them.

No where in the literature I have does it say anything about not being able to have the Maintenance Formula bars when refeeding... you could phone Lipotrim if you wanted to run it by them, phone numbers and email on your carrier bag.

It does say in a booklet I have "In response to your requests for a solid, convenient addition to the maintenance range, we have produced the first bar based upon the same maintenance principles as the liquid range and with the same nutrients...A delicious, chewy, caramel flavoured bar with the same great benefits as the rest of the maintenance range."

If she is worried about carbs and calories then there is not much of a difference as you see below...

The carbs and calories are higher in the Chocolate Whip Dessert Mix 37g...Calories 229 as compared to the Caramel Flavoured Bar 29g...Calories 204

Orange Creme Drink Mix 26g...Calories 144
Cream Of Vegetable soup 25.1g...Calories 144
Summer Fruit Drink Mix Carbs 20.8g...Calories 189

The bars can work out cheaper as often they have special offers where you buy a pack with two free bars in it.

Back