day 3 success express...

ScarlettStar86

Gold Member
...and feeling so bloated! Had a gain last week despite being really good on plan so thought I'd have as many days of SE as possible this week to give me a boost.
I've eaten enough scan bran and drank enough water to sink a small ship yet still feel constipated! Been "going" but not fully. Also noticed this week my skin has been awful! Only ever get the odd spot usually but covered at the moment!
Anyone else tried success express and had this problem or is it unusual to get this! Feeling really fat and OH even looked at my tummy in alarm earlier as I look like I've got a pregnant bump I'm that bloated! :(

I remember when it came out and we all though it was great as you could eat your meat and carbs together! This was before EE.

I tried it a couple of times but after eating some quorn sausages for my brekkie it put me off - I hate them - they are the devil's fingers lol!

With all the fruit and veg you shouldn't be feeling bloated though ........ and you should be s*****ng through the eye of the proverbial needle! I have the same problem quite often and after posing the question on here, I bought something called Slimmatea from Holland and Barret - not sure about its' weight loss properties but it certainly cleared me out xxxx

stivesliz said:
I remember when it came out and we all though it was great as you could eat your meat and carbs together! This was before EE.

I tried it a couple of times but after eating some quorn sausages for my brekkie it put me off - I hate them - they are the devil's fingers lol!

With all the fruit and veg you shouldn't be feeling bloated though ........ and you should be s*****ng through the eye of the proverbial needle! I have the same problem quite often and after posing the question on here, I bought something called Slimmatea from Holland and Barret - not sure about its' weight loss properties but it certainly cleared me out xxxx

Thanks hun will see how I get on tomorrow and if I'm still the same I'll head to h&b on sat for the magic poo tea :D
I thought the same about all the fruit and veg, strange how our bodies sometimes do the exact opposite of what we expect it to do!

Well when I first had my 'little problem' I went to Boots and they said drink more water and eat more fruit and veg and I said it deffo wasnt dietary. have tried everything - the poo tea is rank but it does work x

Hi there. I have posted elsewhere but I too am really struggling with bloating and slight constipation on EE and I'm not even doing success express. I'm on week 4 drink loads, drink lemon juice, trying to increase veg and cut more berries rather than other fruits, no rice or pasta and whole meal bread only as HexB. I have had loads of great suggestions but still finding it hard. Not keen on going down the laxative type route but really thinking of the slimmatea. Does it have a kickback effect in that it makes your gut more sluggish? Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Have also tried to cut portions and eat smaller more frequent meals. Beginning to think there may be something wrong. Am losing weight but feel uncomfortable.

Hiya peacelily - it was really beginning to get me down - I posted a thread about it a few weeks ago and will post the link in a minute.

I tried senna tablets from the chemist, and other laxatives, a husk drink from the health food shop which worked initially and then stopped and was really dear! The slimmatea worked overnight on me but you cant take it all the time - I only have a cup now when I feel the need to. It certainly hasnt seemed to slow me down at all and the reviews on amazon are good.

Like I said, its' slimming qualities, I cant say, as I am already follwoing SW but it certainly cleared me out and I did feel a bit better - onyl downside, is a bit of wind lol.

Hiya peacelily - it was really beginning to get me down - I posted a thread about it a few weeks ago and will post the link in a minute.

I tried senna tablets from the chemist, and other laxatives, a husk drink from the health food shop which worked initially and then stopped and was really dear! The slimmatea worked overnight on me but you cant take it all the time - I only have a cup now when I feel the need to. It certainly hasnt seemed to slow me down at all and the reviews on amazon are good.

Like I said, its' slimming qualities, I cant say, as I am already follwoing SW but it certainly cleared me out and I did feel a bit better - onyl downside, is a bit of wind lol.

here is the thread I posted -

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/275583-bit-gross-but-i-need-some-help.html

stivesliz said:

Thanks for this going to give it a go cos really want this to succeed but it's yuk when you feel so rubbish.

...and feeling so bloated! Had a gain last week despite being really good on plan so thought I'd have as many days of SE as possible this week to give me a boost.
I've eaten enough scan bran and drank enough water to sink a small ship yet still feel constipated! Been "going" but not fully. Also noticed this week my skin has been awful! Only ever get the odd spot usually but covered at the moment!
Anyone else tried success express and had this problem or is it unusual to get this! Feeling really fat and OH even looked at my tummy in alarm earlier as I look like I've got a pregnant bump I'm that bloated! :(

Hi, I'm just wondering did you ever get this sorted out. I joined slimming world two weeks ago and have had the exact same problem. Feel really bloated and windy - I cannot figure out what the problem is or if its fruit or whatever. Would love to know what you did or whether you eliminated something from your diet and found it worked!! Thanks in advance!!

Hi, yeah it soon passed so to speak! Lol! I got some slimatee on recommendation from here and it worked wonders. Haven't done success express since but not been as bloated. If I recall correctly I did speak to my consultant and she said it was quite normal to feel bloated on se as its more fruit and veg than usual.
If you've only just started and sw is a big diet change for you its bound to bloat you out as fruit and veg have loads of fibre in them but stick with it, its worth it x

Thanks for the replies. I used to eat low carb(ish) which I found kinder to my system but I do love the SW diet. It is much more flexible around mealtimes and eating out. I will defo try Slimatee....I have been drinking peppermint tea but find it doesnt really work. I will just have to identify what food is causing the IBS. I think the fibre is just too much for my system!

Thanks for the replies. I used to eat low carb(ish) which I found kinder to my system but I do love the SW diet. It is much more flexible around mealtimes and eating out. I will defo try Slimatee....I have been drinking peppermint tea but find it doesnt really work. I will just have to identify what food is causing the IBS. I think the fibre is just too much for my system!

Hi there. I have used the slimmatea off and on since July when this thread was posted. I have found it really helpful when things been bad but that is less usual now. Just occasionally if I haven't had enough fluid and maybe I've had scan bran or something. It does work. Am now at target so glad I found something that helped cos I was feeling a bit fed up in the beginning and thought it wasn't for me. Have managed with mostly red days and the odd green day when I have been out. Good luck :)

Hi, thanks for your replies. The problem has settled now. I think it was the shock of bringing back carbs to my system tbh. I am finding the weight loss slow - I think its due to the fact that I had been eating so little and now going back to eating "normally". I really dont mind as I am enjoying sw, it fits in with my family meals and its not as expensive as low carb. I find this site really good when searching for tips, recipes etc. Thanks again.....

Back