Day 4 and feeling ROUGH!!

jacquihl

So it's day 4 on CD and obviously ketosis has arrived. Woke up and felt like I'd been run over by a bus :-/ Got better when I was up but been really hungry all day, no energy and brain/mouth coordination bit slow lol!!

I'm hoping this only last a day as I'm sooooo busy at work tomorrow. Just wondered how others felt and how long it lasts??

I am feeling thinner though :) doing SS so just 3 shakes!!

Thanks

Ketosis aint arrived YET if you still feel rough and hungry. Its just your body wanting carbs, dont give in it gets better hun. Well done for getting to day 4 :) xxx

When you dont feel hungry is when you will be in ketosis xx

You'll suddenly realise you feel a lot better. It can happen over the course of an hour, actually. The first time I did Cambridge, I could tell you, pretty much to the minute, when I hit ketosis, LOL. I got on a train to London and felt absolutely dreadful - by the time the train got to St Pancras I felt great!

Hang in there. Bet you feel lots better in the morning (though your mouth may very well feel like the bottom of a birdcage!).

Hi, I am day 3 so we started at pretty much the same time! I have felt good all day, although peckish this evening as I hadn't eaten for about 6 hours!
My consultant has me on SS for 6 weeks... no food :-( but hopefully it will be worth it!
I cannot stand the porridge or the soup, has anyone tried the bars or the ready made shakes? I might go shakes 3 times a day from next week!
Good luck

Wow SS for 3 weeks!!!!!! I'm only doing it for a week then going SS+ for a week!! I'm not really really hungry, it's manageable but I'm really missing chewing lol! Can't wait for Saturday weigh in, this week is really dragging! It'll be worth it!!

Im on day 4, wondering how long most people stick on SS just shakes for? My consultant has me on 4 a day atm and Im not finding the cravings to bad either but I do want to get down to my goal weight quickly?

I was told my consultant that she wanted me on SS until i reach goal weight, so hopefully no more than 8 weeks! Ihave managed almost a week though and it's going ok, I just want some real food now as the novelty has worn off!
Does anyone know whether you can have some food and stay on the plan - the website seems to suggest you can. I have 2 compulsory work dinners to go to where I am expected to eat. I want to be able to have a chicken caeser salad no dressing or something?

I'm on day 4, I've managed to not be hungry the whole way through so I dunno when Ketosis landed :/

I was told my consultant that she wanted me on SS until i reach goal weight, so hopefully no more than 8 weeks! Ihave managed almost a week though and it's going ok, I just want some real food now as the novelty has worn off!
Does anyone know whether you can have some food and stay on the plan - the website seems to suggest you can. I have 2 compulsory work dinners to go to where I am expected to eat. I want to be able to have a chicken caeser salad no dressing or something?

Have you got the Cambridge book (the one I have is spiral bound but I think a reprint might be on its way)? If you haven't, ask for one.

The Cambridge 'with food' options are SS+ and 810. On both, you could have chicken with a green salad so that might help you get through those work dinners.

But your CWPC should be able to help with this - ask her for her advice, okay? That should be all part of the Cambridge service. :)

My best mate has just started Cambridge. For eight days she struggled with the evening meal - cooking yummy food for her husband and kids. The other day she cried on the phone, saying she just couldn't stand it any more, etc. I talked her out of eating and suggested she pop over for a coffee.

Two hours later she turned up and was, to my surprise, cheerful and bubbly. She had suddenly started to feel the true benefit of ketosis. Just like that! The euphoria, the positive outlook, the total lack of food cravings, the lot.

When ketosis hits you will know because you will feel great!

Thanks.... I had my first weigh in and I had lost 4lbs. I am ok with that, I had only be on the diet 5 days (had to go away for work this week so switched my WI) and I was originally weighed in the morning and now it is evening. I am hoping next week will be better to keep me motivated!
I'm not suffering from hunger too much, just missing real food! I have my dad's 60th birthday tomorrow and it's going to be so tough watching everyone eat whilst I sip on a tiny milkshake!!!
How is everyone else donig? Some successes I hope.
My consultant won't let me eat any food!!! Although on the work dinner nights I might have a sneaky chicken and salad... less awkward than explaining to 25 senior men in my company about my diet!! :)

I hit ketosis on day 5. I can also tell the exact moment. I came home from work basically dragging along the roads feeling horrible, then I sat down at home had a cup of water and chatted online a bit... Suddenly I was laughing at everything, dancing around and just felt so awesome I couldn't believe it. After that it's been good other than graving food just for the sake of eating :D

Yay, am pleased you have reached ketosis! i think we can all sympathise with wanting to eat food even without the hunger pangs! Hopefully the desire to be skinnier will be stronger!

Back