Day 4 and struggling

Vikkie

Hi everyone, my name is Vikkie and I'm a 24 year old single mum from the north.
I started LT on friday so today is day 4....it's not easy! I cannot describe how much I am missing food, I don't feel hungry it's just the whole concept of putting food in my mouth and chewing. Being a single mum I am constantly handling food, preparing it for my daughter. When I put a meal down in front of her I have to walk away because I cannot stand to see someone eating.

Does it get easier? I really don't know how I'm going to keep this up otherwise.:confused:

yes it gets easier cause you get used to it and also cause you see v quick results. you'll probably become addicted to watching foodie programmes too lol

best of luck

h x

I found the first and third weeks the most difficult for different reasons. Week one was the headaches, adjustment to the new diet and the trying to forget about fod issues. Week three I struggled with the monotony of it and struggled to drink the shakes. The thing is though that both times those issues passed and by the end of my diet I was actually going for extra weeks just because I could and not because I needed to.

As Harriet says, once the weight starts to fall off you do get a great boost and it helps refuel your determination. This diet is like all diets though and I think it's safe to say that the majority of us would rather not be on it but eating as we want instead. You will need to reach inside yourself for strength and desire sometimes and it will pay you to think about why you wanted to diet in the first place.

I was cooking for my wife for the first few weeks but fortunately she stopped me becuse the quality went downhill as I couldn't taste things as I went. This did really help me and I know that you can't stop cooking for your daughter but there are many other people on here that regularly cook for others and they get by so it's not an insumountable problem.

Give yourself small targets and try to stay focussed. It's worth reading through many of the threads on this site (not just the new ones) as there are lots of tips and some of them may help you out. We all have different strengths and issues so it's a case of trying to work out something that gets you through it.

Every week you can do is a step close to being the weight you want to be and hopefully a week that is a little easier than the last one.

Good luck.

Thank you both for you're replies. It helps knowing everyone is going through the same and we're all in it together!!:D

Back