Day 4 on Lipotrim- I'm worried

jordanB

Hi everyone, I'm on day 4 of the lipotrim diet and I just had a massive shock to my system. I passed out in the bathroom after I had a bath. I'm male so on 2 shakes a day, I had my first at 6.45am and haven't had my second yet, the bath was really hot too. I'm just wondering whether I should be very concerned and call the diet off which is something I don't want to do as I dont want to cancel out my ketosis. Or whether it's just my stupid fault for leaving so long between shakes and having too hot of a bath?

Thanks

Hi Jordan,
during this diet our blood pressure is low (or so I believe). If I stand up or move too quickly then I feel light headed so this is normal and all of us as some point have felt this. Having really hot baths is not advised but if you need to have the extractor fan on and the window/door open a little. Stand up slowly and sit on the toilet for a minute or so until you feel ok to get up and go about doing things again. I would advise trying to have your shakes later on in the morning if possible as this does seem very eary, maybe try having your 1st shake around 11am and second around 8pm?
Sorry this has scared you but don't be alarmed you just need to take it easy, also make sure you are drinking plenty of water inbetween shakes.. If you are still unsure or worried you can contact Lipotrim/your pharmacy tomorrow or in the meantime ring NHS direct.
Please keep us posted on how you are. X x x

i've has low BP since i was a teen but my pharmacist said i need to monitor myself and to notify him of any changes. I think you should too. Also, i do sometimes feel light headed but its to be expected, i agree with Soontobeskinnyminni that you should avoid hot baths, or if you do have one try having one after your shake so you have more energy in you. I tend to have a bath when the water is warm enough and not too hot, i find this to be helpful. Hope all goes well for you.

Hi Jordon, well done for getting to day 4 :)

This happened me last week too, its really horrible and scary if you're not used to it. but it's also happened me before lipotrim. I have low blood pressure so am aware i need to be careful when getting up and down and moving quickly but i'm always at my worst after a bath as with the heat in the room there's less oxygen/fresh cool air and that effects me too

Maybe get your pharmacist to check your blood pressure tomorrow, most will do it no problem and it'll save you a trip to the doctor!

you're right about leaving your shakes too far apart, we wouldn't do it with food so shouldn't do it with shakes! We'd be in bits if we went that long with no food!

Hope we've put your mind at ease but if it happens again definitely get it checked out :)

Hi Jordan...

I had a mini seizure whilst on lipotrim too. I was admitted to hospital and have been seen by neurologists and had numerous brain scans and all has come back ok. I did come off the diet for a wee while but everyone is different. More than likely you will be fine.

Back