Green Days DAY 5 and I have just eaten forbidden foods. So sad.

Fat Tum

:(
I feel like a failure. I have eaten half a bag of M&S salt & vinegar crisps....and 5 Choc viennese biscuits.
I feel sick physically and mentally. Why did I do it?

Don't beat ya self up over it hun what's done is done now just note it down somewhere how this has made ya feel n whenever u feel a binge coming on again look back n read how it made u feel n then ul never do it again! Xx

There are no forbidden foods on SW. Just work out how many syns you have eaten and then cut back for the next few days to make up for it. As binges go trust me this is by no means the biggest we have seen :)

Gotta agree with PatchworkPuss on this one. I think your biggest mistake is thinking of these foods as "forbidden", not eating them. There isn't a single food that is forbidden on Slimming World - that is why we have Syns, so we can enjoy treats and not feel deprived.

It's certainly not that biggest binge we've seen on here. We're all human and we all have days where we want to just eat everything in sight. What I would try and do now, is first of all stop worrying. What's done is done, and there is no point punishing yourself. I'd try to work out how many Syns you've had, and take them off my weekly count, lowering my Syns intake for the rest of the week. That way you would be limiting the damage.

But honestly, don't worry about it. The best thing you can do now is to draw a line under it and move on. It's only one day out of seven. If you had a vase with 7 roses in, and 1 of them died - would you throw all 7 away, or just the wilted one? Just something to think about :)

just work out the syn value an maybe knock them off your days bit by bit. or use what you ate as flexi syns x

You can't call it flexi syns as that involves planning in advance.

As others have said, nothing is forbidden- that is what your syns are for! work out what you've had and if you wish, cut back the rest of the week if it will not make you feel deprived. If you feel it might, draw a line under it and get straight back on the wagon. Don't worry, it happens to us all, its how you deal with it afterwards that will make the difference. X

Thanks for all of your wonderful replies. Today has just been a bad day, and I know it is not THAT terrible,even I have had worse binges, it was because it was day 5, I really wanted good results for my Sunday weigh in.
Hey ho, I dont think that I can calculate what I have eaten, so will just start again tomorrow.

Yes clean slate, line drawn, and move on. Today is another day, if you had a vase of flowers and one died you wouldnt throw the rest out would you, you would look after the rest of them! Heres to another good S W day for you :)

I think that's a great attitude to have - just draw a line and move on. I bet your weigh in on Sunday will go well despite your little slip - good luck!

Thanks. I am hoping I have a loss tomorrow.....it is week 1 and I goofed.....I have a bad feeling. Oh well. There is always next week.

Fat Tum said:
Thanks. I am hoping I have a loss tomorrow.....it is week 1 and I goofed.....I have a bad feeling. Oh well. There is always next week.

I have a small goof most weeks and yes my weight is slow to come off but its still coming off

I did lose, but 3.5 lbs.....it could have been more so I paid for that. Week 1 is usually the greatest loss.....I plod on now, into week 2, and you folks keep me motivated. thanks.

3.5lbs is a fantastic loss, don't be disheartened with that! I would be thrilled.

Aw that is a fantastic loss, I would have been beyone chuffed had that been me on my first week. If it helps I lost 2.5lbs the first two weeks and was so very pleased with that, so very well done. Give yourself a pat on the back, you did well!

Thanks, you are right ..it is a great loss....imagine how much greater it could have been? lol....you know the first week n all, everyone has these massive 8 pounders and stuff.. Anyway, I have learnt my lesson.

Back