Day 5 and not even a pound down. Could this be the reason why?

Sarah23fly

Want to lose a stone!
Im 10 stone 5 lb and been following the SW diet strictly for 5 day so far. Everyone Ive spoken to (which is quite a lot) lost between 2 and 6 pounds the first week. Im worried Im going to get on the SW scales next week and not lost anything.

I swear Ive followed it to the word.

Could it be, that the 2-3 days leading up to the start of the diet I was a little naughty because I knew I was starting the new diet? Could it have counteracted this first week?

I wasnt hugely naughty but it was a bit. I ate 2 boxes of Nairns in two days. They arw low fat and low calorie, but still. I had 1/4 of a lemon muffin in Costa and a huge roast dinner which had fatty lamb and oil clad roast potatoes.

Could the above naughties be the reason Ive not lost anything yet despite being so strict this week?

Im goinv to be mortified if I get on the SW scales and its not gone down. I might just get on naked just to see a difference!

Im kidding ;)

Sarah23fly said:
Im 10 stone 5 lb and been following the SW diet strictly for 5 day so far. Everyone Ive spoken to (which is quite a lot) lost between 2 and 6 pounds the first week. Im worried Im going to get on the SW scales next week and not lost anything.

I swear Ive followed it to the word.

Could it be, that the 2-3 days leading up to the start of the diet I was a little naughty because I knew I was starting the new diet? Could it have counteracted this first week?

I wasnt hugely naughty but it was a bit. I ate 2 boxes of Nairns in two days. They arw low fat and low calorie, but still. I had 1/4 of a lemon muffin in Costa and a huge roast dinner which had fatty lamb and oil clad roast potatoes.

Could the above naughties be the reason Ive not lost anything yet despite being so strict this week?

Im goinv to be mortified if I get on the SW scales and its not gone down. I might just get on naked just to see a difference!

Im kidding ;)

Don't worry about what the scales say until your official weigh in! Most people will tell you the same :) good luck when you go to group

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Look...while I agree with welshtigger that you shouldnt panic until weigh in day, I am going to be honest with you, because honesty is the best policy.

What you ate the week before can affect weight loss the following week.

HOWEVER, you need to just accept that this is what you did then and its in the past, and even if you don't lose, or lose small, that you have taken a very important step in starting to lose weight, and that is something to be very proud of!

So whatever happens on your weigh in day, you need to take it on the chin and accept it, hoist your newly loose knickers up, and get on the weight loss wagon, and be determined not to fall off, no matter what!

You shouldn't really pop on those scales before your official WI day, it doesn't help, you're emotions will now be all over the place.

Ok so when you WI in two days & you've not lost anything it's not the end of the world, for 1 whole week you've eaten healthy, filling meals, which long term will benefit you.

I'm sure there are some people on here who will tell you they STS or gained on their first week.

Pat yourself on the back for doing so well in your first week:D

Cos my diet was awful before joining I gained in the first week followed by a sts.

Don`t worry about the scales. Took me ages to stop weighing myself between group but now that I don`t do it I can honestly say I am much happier.

I`ve never lost more than 3lbs in one week. That`s just the way I am. Maybe you`re the same. But as you can see from my signature I`ve lost quite a bit and I`ve gone down two dress sizes.

Don`t beat yourself up about it!!

When I was going to group last year i noticed it was common for alot of people to have a small loss in your first week which is abviously quite upsetting, and then they would come back the week after and have a bigger loss. So I wonder if what you've done with you pre diet treats is what alot of these people have also done.

malibu xx

Only the scales will tell! Until then, keep off the scales and stay positive. Carry on sticking to plan, and you will soon reap the rewards.

On the otherhand, if your loss isn't so great the first week, you may have a better loss in week 2. Sometimes it takes a while for our bodies to register.

Good luck xx

and rememebr you may not suit the plan, i cant do EE I need to do red/green days...i dont find 1/3 rule easy and i just simply eat extra !! i mean literally gorge the pasta which gained me weight

oh and i am not sure how tall you are but if you have smaller amounts of weight to lose you wont be fast to lose it.....your body will hold on as it feels it hasnt got it to lose as quickly

I wouldn't worry. I joined 3.5 wks ago. The night before i joined i ate so much cheese on toast and a whole box of chocs (so you scales were even heavier lol) - first week i stuck to the plan and lost 5.5lbs so the binge the night before affected the starting weight but not the first weigh in.
My scales said i'd lost 2lb (which i would have been happy with) but i actually lost 5.5lbs

What i'm saying is, don't worry till you get to the actually weigh in!
Keep doing what your doing and it will be ok
xoxo

I started just over 3 weeks ago and the night before I joined, I had a massive chinese takeaway and some chocolate.

The day before my first WI, I got on the scales at home and it had shown I had gained 2lb!

This straight away got me upset and wondering why I'm bothering with all this, but I came onto this forum and the lovely people on here told me not to worry and that it's my main WI in class that counts each week.....

.....I lost 2.5lb. :rolleyes:

After class that night I came home and threw the battery away that was in the scales so I wouldn't be tempted again.
I thought this a good move on my part, but the husband didn't find it so funny when he went to weigh himself a few days later!!! :eek: LOL

Seriously hun, don't bother with the scales at home! x

I found using a smaller plate helped with portion control.

Also, don`t forget to eat enough!! It`s easy to starve yourself when trying to lose weight. A mid morning & mid afternoon snack (SW friendly of course!!) helps.

Im ok with portion control mainly (only!) because its shared amongst the family so I only have the right size portion if you see what I mean.

Thanks all so much for the imput. Big help!

Back