Day 5 on HD & 6lbs lighter :)

YoYoMel

Hi everyone/ anyone?

Seems there's not a lot of activity here, wheres everyone gone???

I started the HD last Thur & without wanting to sound smug, I found it ok, think its down to previously doing strict diets like Cambridge. It somehow made it a lot easier as there's a lot of food allowed in Phase 1, if I didn't miss lamb curry with brown rice I would stay in Phase 1 forever. Day 3 was hard I had all the cravings, mash, cake, sugar, fizzy drinks, so went to bee early lol & day 4 I had so much energy.

Weighed myself this morn (day 6) & I'm 6lbs lighter. I'm so thrilled as I was a sceptic at the beginning. Baby weight will be gone soon yey!!!

Is anyone else on the HD at the mo???

Just an update, had my 1 week weigh in and I've lost a total of 7lbs whilst eating. This is by far the best eating plan I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot of them. Staying in phase 1 until I reach my goal weight. 30lbs to go :~]

Hi Jellytot,
I'm going to start phase one tomorrow. Looking forward to it!! I need some structure to my eating again, I've been very relaxed for far too long.
How are you getting on?

I'm 4 stone overweight too and feel very disappointed with myself!! I'm on day 3 and feel pretty rubbish with it. Yesterday was the worst though so I think I'm on the mend. Just hope I can last the other 2.5 days!! I'm going to move onto slimming world after the 5th day though!
Let us know what you decide to do!

Thinking of starting this diet, can't decide between this and Atkins.
4 stone over weight and miserable x x

Give it a go! I'm on day six and enjoying it. I prefer that I can have a bowl of porridge for breakfast whilst on atkins that is a no no. I also enjoy I can have enough veg to fill me up. Have you read the book? Definitely do if you can there's some really great explanations x

I'm 4 stone overweight too and feel very disappointed with myself!! I'm on day 3 and feel pretty rubbish with it. Yesterday was the worst though so I think I'm on the mend. Just hope I can last the other 2.5 days!! I'm going to move onto slimming world after the 5th day though!
Let us know what you decide to do!

You'll be fine Jodi :) did you read the book? Just curious why you want to move to slimming world instead of phase two? X

I completed day one yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I did have a headache last night though. I had fruit teas for my sweet tooth and we had roast chicken for dinner. It was lovely! x

I don't think I'm doing this right because I haven't lost much weight at all and this is day 4. Did you lose weight quickly or am I too impatient? x

I don't think I'm doing this right because I haven't lost much weight at all and this is day 4. Did you lose weight quickly or am I too impatient? x

I'm not weighing as I become quite obsessive. Some days I feel slimmer others not but I'm sticking to plan and enjoying it hopefully it will come. How much have you lost? What sort of things have you been eating x

Well done guys ye all seem to be doing great! only heard about this diet for the first time today and I have already ordered the book online so I can't wait for it to come... I want to get started before they come though and I think i have found most of the rules online.. For phase one it is saying that you can have bacon and eggs but not processed meat but isn't bacon processed???

The books is a really good read lucie, you will enjoy it.

Phase one is basically Meat, Eggs, Fish and Vegetables. No potatoes or mushrooms. Nothing processed - check the packets make sure there is no sugar or anything ending in ose in the ingredients. it's better really to get from a butcher where you can but bacon is much easier to get than ham - haven't found a packet ham yet without sugar so just cooked my own.

I'm really enjoying it so far - let me know how you get on x

The books is a really good read lucie, you will enjoy it.

Phase one is basically Meat, Eggs, Fish and Vegetables. No potatoes or mushrooms. Nothing processed - check the packets make sure there is no sugar or anything ending in ose in the ingredients. it's better really to get from a butcher where you can but bacon is much easier to get than ham - haven't found a packet ham yet without sugar so just cooked my own.

I'm really enjoying it so far - let me know how you get on x

Thanks so much I really hope it comes soon now! You have lost so much weight congrats! is that all from this diet??? I also did Cambridge at the end of last summer for 2 weeks and lost a stone... even though I have been eating awfully lately I have surprisingly only put on half a stone since august and i do not know how that is possible with christmas and everything haha :) but I aint complaining!!! Are you on phase 2 now??

This is the article that brought this hopefully life changing diet into my life haha you should read it it is great!xxx

Why DO we overeat when all we want is to be slim? Zoë Harcombe author of new book claiming to end food addiction reveals how she finally won the battle of the bulge | Mail Online

Thanks so much I really hope it comes soon now! You have lost so much weight congrats! is that all from this diet??? I also did Cambridge at the end of last summer for 2 weeks and lost a stone... even though I have been eating awfully lately I have surprisingly only put on half a stone since august and i do not know how that is possible with christmas and everything haha :) but I aint complaining!!! Are you on phase 2 now??

This is the article that brought this hopefully life changing diet into my life haha you should read it it is great!xxx

Why DO we overeat when all we want is to be slim? Zoë Harcombe author of new book claiming to end food addiction reveals how she finally won the battle of the bulge | Mail Online

gosh no - ignore my stats. I had lost loads on cambridge but put a lot back on over the last few months with work stress and bingeing - thats why i'm hoping this diet is the one for me as it removes the cravings in a similar way to cambridge. Fingers crossed. I'm still doing phase one at the moment, have found it ok so didn't see the need to move onto phase 2 yet. When do you get the book? It really is a great read x

gosh no - ignore my stats. I had lost loads on cambridge but put a lot back on over the last few months with work stress and bingeing - thats why i'm hoping this diet is the one for me as it removes the cravings in a similar way to cambridge. Fingers crossed. I'm still doing phase one at the moment, have found it ok so didn't see the need to move onto phase 2 yet. When do you get the book? It really is a great read x

I'm the same with the bingeing so I am praying this will get rid of those cravings once and for all... It is totally all or nothing with me and when I don't eat extremely healthy I feel like I have undone any good work so I may aswell stuff my face... so this mentality is what I really need to work on! Well I ordered it yesterday but it never said at all what day it will be here or anything but I am really hoping soon... I emailed the company today asking when it will be delivered so fingers crossed asap. Otherwise I am going to start myself sunday or monday but I really would like to read it to give me that extra motivation! From what I've gathered it seems a bit like the south beach diet except with the rice or porridge in phase 1. I tried the south beach too and found phase 1 fine but I didn't last on phase 2 but I was eating a lot of dairy and fruit so hopefully that explains why I couldn't stick to it. Hope you are getting on well today :) xx

I'm the same with the bingeing so I am praying this will get rid of those cravings once and for all... It is totally all or nothing with me and when I don't eat extremely healthy I feel like I have undone any good work so I may aswell stuff my face... so this mentality is what I really need to work on! Well I ordered it yesterday but it never said at all what day it will be here or anything but I am really hoping soon... I emailed the company today asking when it will be delivered so fingers crossed asap. Otherwise I am going to start myself sunday or monday but I really would like to read it to give me that extra motivation! From what I've gathered it seems a bit like the south beach diet except with the rice or porridge in phase 1. I tried the south beach too and found phase 1 fine but I didn't last on phase 2 but I was eating a lot of dairy and fruit so hopefully that explains why I couldn't stick to it. Hope you are getting on well today :) xx

The book definitely helps. Basically steer clear of anything you're craving as these will be the things that you're intolerant too. So many people on their diet club forum have kept this as a way of life which is promising x have been good today, ended up with a nando's for tea as out and about. Had chicken with skin don't know how long it's been since I had that. Was lovely x

I've been having bacon and eggs for breakfast, tuna (in oil) salad for lunch and chicken, brown rice and veg for dinner. x

Back