Day 5!

kathryn261

After a truly horrific day yesterday where I thought I was going to die (okay.. a little dramatic, but I did feel horrible), I feel a lot better this morning, still feeling sick but it's managable. When does the feeling go? :(
I've stayed strong, I've had maybe 3 chewing gums because I was in uni and can't force my bad breath on others, and a bit of Dr Pepper zero to perk me up.
Am I doing any damage to the diet with these little things?
I want to stay on this for 28 days and I would rather it be easier than harder!!

Stay with it I'm on day 6 today. You mentioned you want to do this for 28days are u doing the 28 day challenge?
I am on day 6 thismorning I'm finding it hard I need to get out to occupy myself . Hope your day goes well

Not as far as I am aware! It's just I'm going away in 27 days so I think a treat will be in order. Haha.
Well done you! I wish it was day 6 for me today. I think every day is like a massive achievement because I love my food, I can deal with the hunger, it's the tastes I'm missing most.

On the challenge for 28 days u have two exante products a meal in the evening and onectreat. If u go on the website u can download a 60 page booklet with menus for the evening. Weigh day tomorrow will let u know how I get on feeling excited though

Ohh right. Well then no, I am not having any food at all with this, just the occasional chewing gum.
I haven't weighed once yet, I regret not having a start weight. Do you feel better at the moment though?

Hi Kathryn
I'm on day 5 and it is hard think I'm doing the same plan as you 3 shakes or bars a day
I'm usually fine on a morning but this time of day I really struggle
I usually have a couple of coffees in a morning and hold out as long as possible to have my first shake but when it gets to 3 o clock I turn into a right misery and need to have a bar I've even bought zero coke to try and fill me up even tho I rarely drink the stuff
Roll on Monday for my first weigh in
Good luck
Anita

I'm so close to giving in! My support (sister) caved yesterday and well and truly fell off the wagon. I won't say what she had, but it was a lot of junk food. Now I feel like I am owed a day off or something! Stupid, I know, but I can't shake the feeling that I need a treat day! :( I know how this works for me, a treat day always turns into a treat week. Any tips?

Have s treat day then get back on the wagon the next day more than likely you will fill up on all the cravings and stuff yourself it may feel great when your doing it then at the end of the day you will think why the hell did I do it
This diet is brutal but it's a start to get you going
My plan is when I've lost approx 2 1/2 stone I will introduce food but stick with low carb and stay clear of the prossesed stuff
How much do you need to lose?
Anita

I have about 2stone to lose, but the way I'm feeling now it may as well be 100. Today everything seems impossible. I have about 100 reasons why I should give up and then every now and then a little voice tells me to stop complaining and get on with it. Trouble is that little voice is getting harder and harder to listen to now I know that my sister had all of the nice food!! Thanks for replying, you may have kept me strong for about 10 more minutes

Just think 10 mins of pleasure eating everything you've given up only to feel like crap when it didn't taste as good as you thought that's what I try to think
What is it your craving?
I could murder some bread and cheese but I won't do it May change my mind on Monday if I've hardly lost any weigh
Anita

My craving is bacon and eggs.
And chicken salad.
I think the fact I forgot to do an initial weigh in didn't help things, at least then I could have seen progress.
You have a good mentality, I think I need some of your logical thinking.

Have yourself a chicken salad and get it over and done with. I wasn't going to have z tear today but decided to take the day off and get right back on track tomorrow. Good luck it is hard but worth it in the end x les

Find the least damaging thing you can find that you're craving and eat it. I found McDonald's chicken selects (3) have around 20g carbs in them, like Exante products, so if you go for a walk or something after to deal with the extra calories you're not going to damage your chance at ketosis. Erm...two tacos from an old del paso soft taco kit are also an acceptable substitute - 29g carbs (330 calories). Keep it as low carb as possible and cheat away for a meal or two! It's worked fine for me in the last two days (McDobalds last night followed by the gym, tacos for lunch today followed by a 2 mile walk).

(Download myfitnesspal to your phone - very handy at working out how many carbs and calories are in everything)

Did you manage to best your cravings and stay on track
My hubby has decided he's cutting out all the biscuits and chocolate and eating healthily there's just no filling him tho
I did miss my takeaway treat at the weekend and would really love a pizza
But I'm not giving in
Anita

Even chewing gum can knock some people out of ketosis unfortunately.
Also cheating can really knock you off the band wagon - depends on the person... Give yourself non food treats instead as a goal. Eg. If I make it to the end of today I will get myself that nice shampoo. If I make to to the end of the week I will get a manicure / my hair done... Whatever sort of thing you like. :)

Back