Day 8 & I'm on the edge!

Mrsfeeneytobe

Silver Member
So today started off well TFR wise whilst my motivation to venture to the gym continues to elude me:sigh: with today's excuse being that its too cold to venture out there so I'd rather do work instead right here at home....yeah right lol

First shake was wolfed down earlier than normal as I was absolutely ravenous....my morning tea and coffee were not humouring my growling tummy at all....so decided to venture out into town for a stretch of the legs and to delay having my next shake so soon....well no amount water in the world would stop my tummy rumbling or random smaller clothes shopping so finally had my shake at 6pm and I still feel hank marvin!

Not sure what's happened since yesterday, as I've not had any hunger over the couple of days....in fact it's been a total breeze till today.....somebody stop me from reaching into the fridge please!
:sigh:

Mrs FTB, I'm also having one of those days. It's quite frustrating, but just remind yourself you're not going to die and the feeling will pass. I have one shake left (9pm) and then an early night I think. I think it's something to do with hormones (or it seems to be for me). I promise it will subside, just hang in there x x x

Mrs FTB, I'm also having one of those days. It's quite frustrating, but just remind yourself you're not going to die and the feeling will pass. I have one shake left (9pm) and then an early night I think. I think it's something to do with hormones (or it seems to be for me). I promise it will subside, just hang in there x x x

Oh Kay I just wanna stuff my face with anything....think cardboard would taste good today lol.

in the nicest possible way-it's good to know I'm not alone with the hunger demons today....you're so supportive as ever:D

Think the weather isn't helping as comfort food is what I'm craving...doesn't help that it's TOTM too where I would generally just eat for about 2 weeks constantly like a woman possessed by hormones....roll on tomorrow so I can start afresh!

last shake done....target dress is now hanging up on the outside of my wardrobe for encouragement....we can do this:)

I've had my shake while cooking supper for my other half which smells good if I do so myself and he's sat here noshing it lol. Tomorrow is another day. It's run up to my TOTM so know it's a pattern for me x x x

I'm with you both, I'm really struggling, been 100% so far and only in my 4th week but had a LOT of stress lately, it's been one thing after another. the doctor has put me on anti depressants but i haven't taken them as they are sugar coated and don't want to ruin my diet, so tempted to comfort eat, I really want to lose weight tho because if I don't I know I'll feel even worse when it comes to summer. Anyway sorry for the rant. Your both Doing really well. Teapot you are doing brilliantly with how much you lost, you must have so much willpower, lipotrim should hire you as a team leader to give others inspiration.
mrsfeeney great idea about hanging target dress up I might do that!

xx

You rant away Emmy!! I felt much better yesterday and am ok again today. It's just remembering that the feelings will pass and it's a good lesson for when we are eating again, not to give in to that moment and making life worse for ourselves by overeating.
I appreciate that you don't want to take the tablets because of the sugar coating, but such a small amount of sugar is unlikely to take you out of ketosis and you have to think of your health too. My other half suffers with depression too and long before I met him used to be on medication which thankfully, he is now free from. This was a man who was chronically depressed for 10 years. I know this is going to sound crazy, but it works for him. He discovered using an Acticare machine (similar to a Tens machine like you use to help you deal with childbirth contractions etc) makes a huge difference. He puts one electrode at the top of his spine and the other at the bottom of his spine and has it on a very low setting. It really makes a difference to his anxiety levels and may be an option if you want to stay sugar free. Now he only uses the machine occasionally, dependant on stress levels. You need to find something that works best for you. Many hugs x x x

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice teapot, I never thought to try that, I hope your husband is ok now. They are tiny pills so I'd probably be ok but um so scared it will take me out of ketosis and u won't loose weight. I really want to do it this time , failed so many times this is my time now, hoping it will all be off by summer still got 3 more stone to loose x

He's fantastic and one of the most amazing inspirational people I know. Depression affects intelligent, amazing people - so remember that! I've also failed so many times over so many years. I worked out that all the weight loss (then gain) I've done over all these years, I could have lost all of me 1.5 times :(. Made a decision to be nice to myself and to stop the perpetual cycle of failure and LT has been a brilliant pathway for me, giving me a break from food to sort my head out. The maintenance test will come, but I feel more in control of myself that I have been before. You can do it too. Believe in yourself, and no matter how hard it gets on the journey, believe that you will succeed this time and the perseverance will pay off x x x

Back