Day 9 and Still Starving Whats Going On??

Lanarkwitch

Gold Member
Hello everyone, day 9 for me today and there hasn't been a day gone by where I haven't felt starving in the mid-late afternoon and generally a bit funny.

I have tried all the usual tricks, splitting packs etc and today I avoided bars as I though they might be the culprit. But here I am again same situation feeling light-headed and shakey(I'm +3 hours on Uk time)

Does anyone have any advice, I really thought I'd be over the hunger by now and it is seriously messing with my head

Lanarkwitch said:
Hello everyone, day 9 for me today and there hasn't been a day gone by where I haven't felt starving in the mid-late afternoon and generally a bit funny.

I have tried all the usual tricks, splitting packs etc and today I avoided bars as I though they might be the culprit. But here I am again same situation feeling light-headed and shakey(I'm +3 hours on Uk time)

Does anyone have any advice, I really thought I'd be over the hunger by now and it is seriously messing with my head

Hey have u tried a vanilla coffee ? Very filling n really keeps the hunger at bay? One tea spoon of cd vanilla powder one sweeter mix in a drop of hot water give a good stirr add some coffee top wiv water, n just stir I have at least 3,4 a day n really helps xx

Hi,

I noticed that you are in Abu Dhabi, I take it that its hot there if so that could be something to do with it. I used to live in Greece and in the summer when it was in the 30's I could easily get through 2/3 litres of water a day because I was sweating so much. If thats the case with you maybe you need to drink more water?? Although you do need to be careful not to drink too much.
I was feeling hungry too and find if I drink sparkling water that it fills me up more than still water, maybe thats worth trying. I also tried bouillion (sorry for spelling!) today for the first time and it was lovely and that really filled me up.
Hope that helps a little.

I agree with Sarah and would try to up your water intake. Having sips from a bottle constantly might help and won't flood your system like trying to increase your number of full glasses you drink - if that makes sense. You could maybe try doing the working solution if it gets no better, that lets you have a small amount of protein so might help to make you feel more full late afternoon xx

What time do you have your packs?. I have my 1st pack at about 1pm as I don't get hungry in the morning but do in the evenings. I find this helps keep the hunger pangs at bay. I also have at least 3.5L of water a day. Might be worth trying.

Hi Ladies, Thanks for all of your suggestions.

I am generally up around 6am, so I find I have my first shake around 10.30 am 'ish. I'm drinking at least 3 litres of plain water, about 4-5 coffees a peppermint tea and maybe the odd coke zero, I have tried sipping the bullion but I'm not that keen on it unfortunately.

I then have half a shake around 3pm it's usually around this time I start to feel really quite bad, light headed, no energy and sometimes a bit shakey, almost like a low blood sugar feeling, which it can't be as I'm in ketosis, I feel I need to lie down, but I don't!!

I have my soup around 5.30 as thats dinner time with hubs, then I have my last 1/2 of my shake at around 9.30 before bed which is normally about midnight. I am wondering is it just because I tend to have a fairly long day that I'm feeling a bit weird. I was halfing the bars instead of the shakes for the afternoon and evening nibble, but I am trying to stay off them as other people have said they do make them feel hungrier.

I will bash on until the end of the week (day 10 today) and see how I feel on Sunday Weigh in day, perhaps week 3 will see it settling down a bit.

The coke zero and Dr pepper zero made me starving!! My belly was grumbling every few minutes. They were great to fill me when I drank them but an hour later....starving. I stopped them and now don't get the rumbling tummy. Maybe try cutting the can of coke out?! I hope you find something that works because that feeling of hunger is the worst!! xxx

Back