Day four and still going strong

ruth43

Soon to be Slim
So today is day 4 of taking the tablets and still going strong, I can't believe how good I've been with no cheating what so ever. I'm keeping the calories to about 1200 and 1300 and fat very low, I could probably eat more fat but don't seem to need it. Here is an example of what I've been eating:

Multigrain shapes and semi-skimmed milk for breakfast.

Mid morning Tesco fat free strawberry yoghurt drink (about 5 mouthfalls so only small bottle)

Baked potato, 1 tbsp weight watchers salad cream mixed in and light choices cottage cheese on top. Side salad of lettuce, cucumber, spring onion and 1 tomato with a 1 tbsp salad cream

Home made spaghetti bolognese, using extra lean mince 4.5g fat per 100g mince, gluten free spaghetti.

Shape chocolate dessert, heated in the microwave and poured over a meringue nest.

Water to drink and one can pepsi max a day.

I've not had any side effects so far probably because keep fat low, which I'm presuming is a good thing?

Last edited:
How much have you got to lose, if you don't mind me asking? 1200-1300 cals is on the low side if you've got quite a bit to lose - you need to start higher and gradually reduce (some would say you should never go that low, if you look on the calorie counting forum, and scientific evidence would seem to back that up). Good luck. xx

Hi Tracey, I've got 4 stone to lose to get me to 8 and half stone, I'm only 5ft tall and even 8 and half stone is a bit heavy for me I looked my best at 7 and half stone. I don't seem to lose weight if I eat more than about 1300 calories but I will research this more now you have mentioned it, thanks. You have done amazingly well, maybe you could post me on here a sample menu of what you eat so I can compare, thanks.

ruth43 said:
Hi Tracey, I've got 4 stone to lose to get me to 8 and half stone, I'm only 5ft tall and even 8 and half stone is a bit heavy for me I looked my best at 7 and half stone. I don't seem to lose weight if I eat more than about 1300 calories but I will research this more now you have mentioned it, thanks. You have done amazingly well, maybe you could post me on here a sample menu of what you eat so I can compare, thanks.

Thanks, Ruth! I'm afraid I'm not a paragon of healthy eating, I live on ready meals, but do at least add veg to them nowadays, lol. A typical weekday for me is:

12pm Alpen Light with coffee
1pm Small bag of dried apricots
1.30pm 200g of reduced sugar baked beans with small bag of breadsticks followed by 200g of fruit
4pm Alpen Light with coffee
7pm Snack of approx. 100cals
9.15pm Tesco Light Choices meal with frozen veg added followed by 45g bag of mixed dried fruit and nuts

This comes to around 1400 cals and I don't vary from it in the week. At the weekend I'll usually have a ready meal and veg for lunch as well. So probably not the best way to eat, but I work full time and have chronic health problems, so it's what works for me, lol. Of course, I started out on 1800 cals, so would eat more of the cereal bar/low fat crisps type of thing then. :) xx

Back