Step 1 Sole Source Day One 19th November

poeshlady

Well after seeing my consultant tonight I am starting sole source as of tomorrow 19th nov - I am a bit apprehensive about the no food thing although my consultant did assure me that if I really do need to eat something then to pick something out of the book from sole source plus so I have back up if I need it. Will go and get some fresh breath spray tomorrow just in case.

I am a little scared, apprehensive, excited and hopeful so fingers crossed with reading all of your hints and tips and your friendly support I will be ok!
I have nothing to lose except fat so going to dive in and give it a go. I feel that lunch time may be my hardest point of the day, time will tell.

Good luck to anyone else starting tomorrow :)

I'm starting today too- scared too!!!!

Good luck, I'm on day 4 now, I found the first day the hardest so far...you just need to push through, drink more water and things will suddenly click into place!

Alan

Well my first day started horribly, I made up the Apple and Cinnamon porridge, dis liked the taste straight away and the texture but thought "no, you can eat this" so after 4 more half teaspoons! I could no longer eat it, but I thought I would not be defeated so made up a strawberry shake, wasn't great but wasn't horrid either so on the up.

drank whats feels like loads but prob not enough until lunch when I really fancied something yummy to eat especially with everyone at work having pasta, pasties, McDonalds etc in the office but I got out my little bottle of choc shake which was ok actually taste wise and then drank loads and loads of water. It's wierd because I didn't feel hungry at this point but I was craving food I think just because I knew I cannot have it. So I cracked on with my afternoon at work, looking forwar dto home time for my soup tea.

I got home really wanting food, and even feeling hungry, I looked around the kitchen and realised there is nothign I can eat :( so made a cup coffee and will have some more water. Put families tea in the oven and when they eat it I will have a bath then hopefully I won't miss food too much. I am in anticipation of my soup tea......

how is everyone else?

Today has been fine actually.
Had maple and pecan porridge for brekkie which was awful but good in the way it tasted sooo bad it put me off wanting any more food.... Ditto the tomato soup I had for lunch- could hardly finish it but i did and have to say I haven't really felt hungry so far. Had 2.5 litres of water (some fizzy) and black coffee and tea.
I ate my SS+ dinner of prawns, a little bit of chicken and red cabbage stirfried in chilli powder and ground coriander and I actually feel really full! I will have a shake made with hot water later before bed to hopefully keep me going until get to work tomorrow.
I made husband and daughter's dinner last night for tonight and just reheated it (parsnip soup) and am going to do the same now (sausage casserole in slow cooker) while I am feeling fill for their dinner tomorrow night so I don't feel tempted as I am usually starving when I get in from work! Got rest of tonights chilli chicken for tomorrow which I'll have with some courgette.
Eating a little dinner with my family in the evening may well keep me going through this and add variety.
Off to do some cleaning now to keep busy.'reckon my house is going to be spotless by the end of all this!!!
I think I'm glad I'm going through these first "tough" few days at work as am so busy during the day I haven't thought too much about food.
Hope everyone else's day has been ok xxxxx

Sounds like you have had a pretty ok day.
I'm on day 1 to and blinking starving at the moment. Roll on tomorrow :)

Rachel- you'll probably totally fine tomorrow and I'll be climbing the walls!!! I just think being really busy at work helped, and having that little SA+ meal. I definitely couldn't go just SS- i haven't enjoyed any of the products so far :(

SS+ meal even!

I don't know how I am going to feel tomorrow, had oriental chicken soup for my tea and I can't say it was nice. I got past the powdery taste and ate half but I just could not put another spoonfull into my mouth - have sent hubby to shop for chicken! think I may have to go sole source plus. WIll have a nibble of chicken tonight and see how tomorrow goes.

I am pleased I am not starving however there is always tomorrow !!!

Hi Ladies and well done on getting through the first couple of days. Posh lady, I loathe the soups and porridge, so have shakes and bars on SS+. The first few days are the hardest for hunger/side effects, but you'll get through that - drink lots of water, stay busy and use the forum daily.

Let us know how you get on, Heidi

poeshlady said:
I don't know how I am going to feel tomorrow, had oriental chicken soup for my tea and I can't say it was nice. I got past the powdery taste and ate half but I just could not put another spoonfull into my mouth - have sent hubby to shop for chicken! think I may have to go sole source plus. WIll have a nibble of chicken tonight and see how tomorrow goes.

I am pleased I am not starving however there is always tomorrow !!!

I don mind any of the soups really but my god I had that tonight also and I think if I would of carried on I would of puked. X

I had the Original Porridge this morning which I actually really liked and have just at the Cookies and Cream shake which my CDC said she thought was gross but I absolutely love it!! Shame it's only on trial. Leek and Pot soup for lunch was awful until I realised I probs hadn't put enough water in so watered it down and it was delicious. Had my meal of 85g of chicken cooked with chilli and spices, 100g of cottage cheese, 60g of lettuce (which is loads!) and 20g of red cabbage- and i was stuffed again! Can't really believe it. Am just dreading tomorrow as have been feeling fine and I know it's not going to last and the dreaded detox is going to kick in any time.
Plus it's someone's last day at work and they're bringing in cakes :( will have to keep my eyes on the prize and remember that nothing will taste as good as it will feel when I walk in to that restaurant with my husband 2 days before xmas to celebrate our anniversary (the start of my
CD Xmas week off!) and i'm wearing a size 16 dress. I WILL be wearing it!
Had a bit of a wake up call tonight. Was cooking tomorrows dinner for husband and daughter and emptying a tin of beans in to it (making chilli) and before I realised what i was doing there was a fork in my mouth with beans on it where i'd run it round the tin to catch the ones from the bottom. Very proud to say i spat them out straight away but I'd done it completely before I'd even thought about it- scary. Makes me realise how thoughtless i was about picking and nibbling before starting this. I used to wonder why I was fat but I'm starting thing CD might reveal some things to me!

Marshflower said:
I had the Original Porridge this morning which I actually really liked and have just at the Cookies and Cream shake which my CDC said she thought was gross but I absolutely love it!! Shame it's only on trial. Leek and Pot soup for lunch was awful until I realised I probs hadn't put enough water in so watered it down and it was delicious. Had my meal of 85g of chicken cooked with chilli and spices, 100g of cottage cheese, 60g of lettuce (which is loads!) and 20g of red cabbage- and i was stuffed again! Can't really believe it. Am just dreading tomorrow as have been feeling fine and I know it's not going to last and the dreaded detox is going to kick in any time.
Plus it's someone's last day at work and they're bringing in cakes :( will have to keep my eyes on the prize and remember that nothing will taste as good as it will feel when I walk in to that restaurant with my husband 2 days before xmas to celebrate our anniversary (the start of my
CD Xmas week off!) and i'm wearing a size 16 dress. I WILL be wearing it!
Had a bit of a wake up call tonight. Was cooking tomorrows dinner for husband and daughter and emptying a tin of beans in to it (making chilli) and before I realised what i was doing there was a fork in my mouth with beans on it where i'd run it round the tin to catch the ones from the bottom. Very proud to say i spat them out straight away but I'd done it completely before I'd even thought about it- scary. Makes me realise how thoughtless i was about picking and nibbling before starting this. I used to wonder why I was fat but I'm starting thing CD might reveal some things to me!

I did exactly the same!! 2nd day, dishing up the kids tea of chips, nuggets and veg and I took a chip off the tray and ate it. Then realised what I was doing and ran around shouting at myself like if just eaten poison!! Lol. My kids thought I was bonkers but I made sure the leftovers went straight in the dogs dish so it couldn't happen again. Thankfully, my minds now on the ball and I've not done it since. But it's scary when you do it without even thinking! No wonder I'm struggling with my weight! Xx

dfzb <3 said:
I did exactly the same!! 2nd day, dishing up the kids tea of chips, nuggets and veg and I took a chip off the tray and ate it. Then realised what I was doing and ran around shouting at myself like if just eaten poison!! Lol. My kids thought I was bonkers but I made sure the leftovers went straight in the dogs dish so it couldn't happen again. Thankfully, my minds now on the ball and I've not done it since. But it's scary when you do it without even thinking! No wonder I'm struggling with my weight! Xx

It is scary isn't it?? Lucky dog though!! I think that's one of the big reasons why this appealed to me and why the likes of SW and WW haven't worked in the past because I have these habits around food (aside from the main one of eating too much of it!) that those plans don't address. I'm looking at CD as a reset button. Just hope sooooo much I stay on it. We are worth it lol! Xx

Yea I can completely understand that. CD was my reset button too. I had to eliminate food from my life or I just couldn't diet. Sad it's come to this but it's worked! I never used to have such a unhealthy attitude with food but something changed 5 yrs ago after I got married, had my first baby. And Ive just never been the same again. I was so frightened to feel hungry, yet I didn't know when to stop when I was full or be able to say no to choc! At 13st 9, I'm glad I did this now rather than later before my weight increased even more and I had a even bigger amount to loose! X

Back