Day One for me (again) on VLCD

mikey

Silver Member
OK, most of the Christmas food and drink has now been eaten and drunk so most of the barriers I put up to not start my diet are now gone. I have been low carbing for the last few days (aside from a slice of Christmas Cake and a couple of glasses of champers on Sunday) and now today is Day One of my VLCD. My aim is to be slim again by Summer and I know that it is achievable. I plan to have a couple of days off the diet for my birthday, but other than that I intend to go the distance. My Plan is to get to the weight I was when I fell off Lighter Life and then rejoin and complete the plan that I started off 5 years ago )almost to the day) I am looking forward to some healthy banter here and hope that there are a few blokes lurking to even things up with the ladies.:)

Good luck with your diet i hope you are suceessful and that day1 has been easy for you

I find day 3 is the tricky day but I'm a stubborn sod who is very focused once I have it in my head nothing stops me.

It's just a case of sticking 100% to the diet as cheating add an extra week to the diet plus makes it harder on yourself.

Get busy and drink loads

I find day 3 is the tricky day but I'm a stubborn sod who is very focused once I have it in my head nothing stops me.

It's just a case of sticking 100% to the diet as cheating add an extra week to the diet plus makes it harder on yourself.

Get busy and drink loads
Thanks - as I did low carb for a few days before, it shouldn't be too difficult. When I did LL before I did nearly 6 months of abstinence so should be OK if I keep focused!

Thanks again :)

It can't be harder 2nd time around. But having said that I lost my original weight going from 20 stone down to 10 stone around 7 years ago. Last year I weighed in at 16.8 and did a few months on diet down to 11.11. This year I started at 13.7 size 14 and I'm ready to get it off and back into my size 10 clothes. Thyroid problems have caused the gains but that's under control now.

How long will you need to be on plan this time? I'm hoping it will be 8 weeks after that time I will see but if I need another month I will do.

I found yesterday the hardest, day 3. Tummy rumbling today - just gotta get over day 4 and then its plain sailing lol! good luck both

Its so easy once your past first week day 9 ive just had my lunch shake as running late and not hungry

Thanks for your help and good luck to you all... TannerT I am rumbling with you :) - All good so far.. My story is similar to yours missvlcd - I lost about 9 stone 5 years ago and kept most of it off for a couple of years then damaged my back and did no exercise and basically have put on a lot (but not all) of what I had lost. I refuse to get out my old clothes from when I was at my full size so the diet is a MUST!

I lost 3 stone about 4 years ago maintained for a year but after a hospital admittance and recovery put2 back on that I have been desperately trying (conventionally) to shift for about 18 months, so decided to give it another go!

That's good keep it going will soon be weigh in day

Can i ask Miss VLCD - when you lost the ten stones in the first place - how long did it take? That's about what I need to get rid of, I've calculated it will be about a year??
Well done on 8lbs in first week!

Can i ask Miss VLCD - when you lost the ten stones in the first place - how long did it take? That's about what I need to get rid of, I've calculated it will be about a year??
Well done on 8lbs in first week!

I did 1 stone a month it averaged out at.

Seems quicker at the start and then slowed at the end but 1 stone a month.

Back