day one!!! in the CD house =)

cathy2009

in my best geordie accent lol

well i havent even had a shake or anything yet lol, im waiting till im feeling hungry so that im not marvin by the time evening comes round, thinking of starting with the maple porridge, wish me luckkkkk =)
plus my mum and sis are on strict instructions to kick me into touch should i waiver, ive gave them a list of reasons why i want to do this for them to hammer home should i want to fall of the wagon, hope all my fellow lovely cd'ers are keeping well today xxxx

Whoop! Good luck1!

Welcome to the gang Cathy2009! :)
Hope your first meeting went well. I have only done the shakes so far on ss so let me know what the porridge is like.
You'll find you'll soon get into a pattern. One for brekkie, ton of water before lunch, one for lunch, another ton of water and one for tea. Not sure if your consultant said the same but I was planning on starting on 4 a day for the first week but was so determined stuck to three a day, but so you know the options there if you need it and if it gets you through it it's cool. ( I have done it last night! after yet another night of sickie children) If you do get really bad hunger pangs I have tried the choc shake with warm water, it's like a cross between hot choc and choc custard. Weird I know but hey anything to get through it.
Good that your family are on board with support, you need it and helps when people understand. Im scared to tell people incase they think im weird. One of my friends didn't get it.
Your gonna do amazing and just think in a week you will have lost a good lot of weight and you'll feel great already. It def gives you the motivation to stick with it.
Good luck for your first day hun. Eeeeek exciting isn't it. :)

aw thank you for your kind words lea, yes my meeting went really well my consultant is lovely and bubbly and didnt mind me bringing my kids along (thats what kinda put me off LL as ive noone to mind the kids) , welll ive just had the maple pecan porridge, i would say give it a go, pleasantly suprised with the texture i had really been expecting the worst, yes its a bit like wall paper paste but then so is oatso simple when you make it. you get such a whiff of the maple straight away but the only downside for me was the overly powering pecan taste, which kinda put me off it. took me ages to eat it as its quite thick and sticky so i managed to down a good half a litre water eating it. i think ill swap it for some apple and plain ones to see how i get on, might try it again in a few weeks gonna work my way through all the other flavours etc =)

aw lea its a pity your friend isnt a bit more understanding , i know my other sister would be soooo sceptical i love her to bits but she would think im starving myself,so thats why ive only told my other sis as i knew she would be supportive.

sorry to hear your little ones havent been well, ive 2 sicky children at minute too, so many bugs about at the minute =( anyhoo logging off now to keep myself busy and get the housework done, will log in later to see how i get on with my strawberry shake for lunch and tom soup for dinner, eeeeeekk lol xxx

Welcome to day 1 cathy :)
the maple porridge is yummy, very sweet though.
Just had my first weigh in, very dissapointed as i don't feel i could of tried any harder than i did, but oh well.. just discovered the cappucino shake and it was love at first sight :p haha!! xx

If you add a a bit more hot water Cath once the porridge comes out of the microwave it stops it being so thick and gloopy and is much nicer to eat :)

Good luck on your journey, remember if you feel temptation remember why your doing it, get first few days out the way and ur be fine. X

thanks girls! so far so good, have all the house work done, even decided to do some face tan and have been brushing my teeth loads , just all random stuff keeping busy lol , had a strawberry shake for lunch really nice, i want to finish with a soup for dinner any recommendations? i was thinking tomato x

Glad you are getting on ok, i love the strawberry shakes yummy :) ive not tried the tomato soup yet, i think i like the mushroom one best so far... only tried leek and potato, vegetable and mushroom, planning on getting the tomato one on Monday and a few new shake flavors :)

oooh just had the tomato soup!! delicious!!!! my consultant said make sure and blend it into a paste with a lttle water first of all this helps with the lumps i finished it off with hotwater and a hand blender , and drank it in a cup like a cuppa soup, totally gorgeous!!! and really warming x

Well done!

Well done Cathy2009,:)
Day one nearly over! I was aprehensve about tomato flavour but may try it now. Chicken and mushroom are nice and have you tried ice with shakes and adding more water than packet says? I love them.
It's good to keep busy, you got that right!
I had to endure cooking roast chicken for my mum and sis earlier and I had a shake. First time they found out about what im doing and they think im stupid. That didn't help! Hey ho.
Here's to day 2 for you chick.
You'll be having your first weigh in before you know it.
x

aw good luck @loadstogo, i was suprised how well my first day went just contemplating what to have for brekkie , think i might have a banana shake, im going to wait in the morning till i genuinely feel hungry before having a shake even be it 11.30 =) thinking of you and just take each day as it comes, keep us posted on how your are doing xx

Back