Day One of Cambridge :D (and hi! I'm new!)

Meghanne

Hi everyone...

So, after lurking around the forum for the past few weeks and doing some research on the Cambridge weight loss plan, I have officially started today :D

I met my lovely CDC last night who was very helpful! I'm so excited to FINALLY start losing weight!

I'm only 4"11 and currently 12st 6.4lbs. My BMI is 35.2 So, I am hoping to lose 4st 6.4lbs and get to my goal weight of 8stones :D As a shorty, 8st would put me at a BMI of 22.8 which I'd be really happy with.

To make things even easier, my husband is also doing the plan! He has less to lose than me but we have both fallen victim to getting too comfortable with eachother, eating too many take aways and not recognising weight gain! In 3 years, I have gone from a size 10 and 9st to a size 14 and 12st6lbs. My husband has gone from 11st to almost 14st and a waist of 28/30 to a 36.

So... Today is Day 1!!!

We have both started with a Chocolate shake and tbh, it was a tiny bit of a struggle. I'm not keen on shakes anyway but the taste was quite ok. I'm going to push through!

I am currently on Sole Source plus so will be having 4 products per day and milk. I want a break from food so just the Cambridge products for me :D

Hubby is on Step 2 so he's allowed quite a bit more. His BMI is only 28 though so our consultant didn't want him to go any lower than Step 2.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and updating on weight loss and adding piccies etc! It's all so exciting :D

Last edited:
Sooo... It's almost 7pm and I feel ratty, hungry, irritable and I WANT FOOD! :cry:

Today I've had:

Breakfast: Chocolate shake with water

Lunch: Vegetable Soup

Snack: Chocolate Tetra Brick

I was going to do Sole Sourse plus having 4 products and milk but today I realised, I really don't like milk! So, I'm going to have a 200cal meal instead.

I'm having:

Quorn Fillets with spices on top and salad. It says 200g of Quorn but I only have 2 fillets left which equal 110g. Surely you can't have more Quorn than that? Also going to have some balsamic vinegar as a dressing.

Have drank 3 and a half pints of water so far too :D

Hi!

Welcome and good luck with your weightloss journey! Thats really great that your OH is doing it with you - great motivation!

A little tip for the shakes, put the water and 4/5 ice cubes in a blender (smoothie/milshake blender thing) with the shake and blend for a minute or two. It make the shakes thicker and it tastes so much better. Def try the mint choc ones - they're the only ones I have!! lol xx

What a great tip! Thank you so much!

Hope you're doing well on yours!

ARGH :(

Thought having the 200cal meal may fill me up more than one of the products :( It REALLY didn't :( I'm sooo hungry :(

Bah humbug :(

hi guys ive been doing sole source plus for 10 days now. i lost 5 pound in the first week next weigh in is thursday 2nd week.
im doing sole source plus option B
im having two shakes and a porridge the 200 calorie meal and semi skimmed milk 200mls. but i think im not supposed to have the milk? i was having sweetners in tea the first week but was told i shouldn't so this week im not having any. but i feel like weight loss is slower this week :(

Well... I totally messed up yesterday :(

Honestly didn't realise how hard it would be. Having the 200cal meal threw me off completely. Ended up sobbing for an hour because of severe hunger cramps... Hubby ended up getting us some chips (have nothing in the house!) and I had a chip sandwich and a bar of chocolate.

The after effects weren't so nice... Hubby and I both ended up with worse stomach cramps, headache and couldn't sleep last night. Having so many carbs in one go after having the shakes yesterday just made us crash. Made us both realise that there is no way to cheat for us on this diet.

Texted CDC and she was so helpful and supportive :D Good news is, I did drink 5 pints yesterday and I'm on pint 2 right now :D So fluid intake is very good!
Started off this morning much more positively. Now we know how hard it's going to be for the first few days, we're much more prepared! Decided to stick with 4 shakes and milk - no food!

Had a shake this morning with my milk and it's made things much easier. Filled me up much more and has meant that so far, things are easier.

Onwards and upwards!

Your welcome!

The first week is the hardest but just get through it - it's so worth it!! Fill up on the water, it will help with the hunger pangs.

I'm doing well thanks, Ive done this diet before but had to stop for various reasons, but I've come back to get to my goal weight

Hope day 2 is a little easier xx

Thanks so much :D It is harder than I ever imagined! Keeping the fluid intake up!

When is your next WI? How are you finding things so far? :)

Today has been a better day :D

NO FOOD!!! YAY :eek:

Today I've had:

Chocolate shake with 140ml of semi-skimmed milk

Vegetable Soup with water

Chocolate shake with water

Chocolate velvet tetra brick

and... 5 pints of water :) (and still need to drink more!!!)

Well done Meghanne! Give yourself a pat on the back. It's day 1 for me today and I know week 1 is going to be super hard but I just have to power through it I suppose. I've told a few people I'm on this diet and they'll be looking out for results so in a way that will hopefully stop me from giving in to temptation. Keep up the good work sweetie x

hi, well done on your weightloss so far!

if your doing option B (ss+) then you are supposed to have 3 CD products PLUS a 200 calorie meal OR 4 products and milk!
Its one or the the other, if your having the meal and milk then your doing the 810 plan (step 2).
Just cut out the milk if you want to have the meal :)

thanks for that. i will try and cut the milk out. i posted a new thread just ruined it last night? feel gutted :( im going to go back on it today!!!!! i have to :(
i wish i had just gone to bed last night i dont know why i did it to myself :(

Well... I totally messed up yesterday :(

Honestly didn't realise how hard it would be. Having the 200cal meal threw me off completely. Ended up sobbing for an hour because of severe hunger cramps... Hubby ended up getting us some chips (have nothing in the house!) and I had a chip sandwich and a bar of chocolate.

The after effects weren't so nice... Hubby and I both ended up with worse stomach cramps, headache and couldn't sleep last night. Having so many carbs in one go after having the shakes yesterday just made us crash. Made us both realise that there is no way to cheat for us on this diet.

Texted CDC and she was so helpful and supportive :D Good news is, I did drink 5 pints yesterday and I'm on pint 2 right now :D So fluid intake is very good!
Started off this morning much more positively. Now we know how hard it's going to be for the first few days, we're much more prepared! Decided to stick with 4 shakes and milk - no food!

Had a shake this morning with my milk and it's made things much easier. Filled me up much more and has meant that so far, things are easier.

Onwards and upwards!

hey Meghanne
i really messed up last night i feel so bad this morning i ended up have a few gulps of diet coke. i think im going to try and go without the food and have four shakes and see how i go i was doing so so well aswell and i just ruined it :(

Well done Meghanne! Give yourself a pat on the back. It's day 1 for me today and I know week 1 is going to be super hard but I just have to power through it I suppose. I've told a few people I'm on this diet and they'll be looking out for results so in a way that will hopefully stop me from giving in to temptation. Keep up the good work sweetie x

hey Faith_111 stick at it after day 3-4 you will feel much much better :)

Day 1 was harder than I ever thought it would be. Messing up may have been the best thing I did though as I now know that I really can't eat on this step at all.

Good luck with your weight loss! I'll keep track of how you're doing :D

hey Meghanne
i really messed up last night i feel so bad this morning i ended up have a few gulps of diet coke. i think im going to try and go without the food and have four shakes and see how i go i was doing so so well aswell and i just ruined it :(

Oh tummy... Really, don't feel too bad :D You haven't ruined it, you can just start again! Doing badly on one day won't make you pile everything back on and more so please don't beat yourself up!

I started again and it really helped. I'm now doing the 4 shakes per day with milk. A good tip is to use your milk first thing in the morning. It helps fill me up sooo much more! I also make sure my shakes fill a full pint glass! That way, they last longer and fill you up more :D

Sooo... Day 3 has gone well :D (I'd prefer it be Day 2 though and just to discount Day 1!)

Woke up at 2:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. Got up at 4:30am, ended up doing washings, ironing and then was all dressed and ready by 6:30am and I all was doing was staying at home with the LO!

Had 5pints of water today and 2 chocolate shakes, Veg soup and a Chocolate Tetra brick plus my milk :)

Also went to see my CDC and swapped 17 of my products! Swapped them all for chocolate shakes! So now, I have 3 chocolate shakes per day plus a tetra brick! :D

I was so confused when I read that people were having the same shakes, day in day out. Now I totally get it!

The soups are in no way filling at all :( Sooo... just shakes for me!!! Gosh the next 11 and a half weeks are going to be boring ;)

I'm going to be doing CD for almost as long as you will and although I'm trying most things I have a feeling I'll end up loving the tetras. They're so nice. Hope you've had a great day x

I'm going to be doing CD for almost as long as you will and although I'm trying most things I have a feeling I'll end up loving the tetras. They're so nice. Hope you've had a great day x

Ooo... I like the tetras too but they're just not filling enough :( I've been having my shakes with at least 1 pint of water mixed in to make them last a bit longer!

Woke up this morning feeling absolutely awful :( Mostly because of complete lack of sleep! I'm so tired :(

Food wise.... I feel ok! Managed to do a quick shop in Asda last night to get some food for my little one and although it was hard seeing food everywhere, I survived!!!!

I even managed to make my little one's food all day without giving in once! I was so desperate to steal some of her baby carrots last night but am happy to say that I didn't :D

Still on 4 shakes per day plus milk and lots of fluids. SS+ is definetely the way for me... I really don't think I could do SS!

You brave thing! I think I would struggle cooking for others on this diet... Hope you feel better now?...I wanted to go without milk but I had to have a cuppa is morniand it I only used a teeny bit of milk and just having water for the rest of today. However, I may have a few tablespoons of shredded boiled cabbage just to have something to chew on later on. My CDC said it'll be ok x

Back