Day one of Slimming World (but not day one of dieting...) x

EPC x

Hi slimmers!

So, I started Slimming World yesterday...I'm a newbie! I'm not new to dieting though, I've been on another diet since 16th February and lost 19 pounds (out of 50! - god that sounds a lot) so far :D and I don't quite want to say just yet what the other diet is because it really is FAB and I don't want people to think that I'm slating it or going off it because I'm not...I'm pretty fickle when it comes to dieting :p

As you will see I'm slowly getting there with my target and that is purely down to the other diet I've been doing. (If you do want to know then please just ask...it's not a top secret/ground breaking diet, I just don't want to put people off it! ;)) But, my weight loss HAS slowed down with it which I know is completely normal. I'm not far from half way to target and I still have time, I think I will hit my target, sensibly and (HOPEFULLY ***FINGERS, TOES, EVERYTHING CROSSED*** be able to keep it off, FOR GOOD!). So, because it has slowed down quite a bit and I am still so motivated to keep dieting and be super strict, I thought I might try a different diet, hence why I joined SW yesterday...Almost as a KICK START and another BOOST to the old metabolism.

The main point of this post really is to ask for advice and tips... :) - Does everyone think it seems like a good idea to give SW a try? Or, should I just stick with the diet I have been doing? (I went to SW yesterday and got half price membership so I'm not too worried if I do end up sticking with what I know). AND, if everyone does think I should give SW a try to keep going with my weight loss and give the weight loss a boost - ANY TIPS for success?!!! I'm trying to get my head around all the information I was given in the class, I always find you need a good few days and then you start learning the ropes.

So...from one crazy dieter - to hopefully some more expert/less crazy dieters ;) ... any advice would be greatly received.

E x

Hey

I say go for it! I have come off the Cambridge Diet as;

1- I was starting to lose the will to live and getting bored on the diet
2- I hated not having a social life
3- The maintaining stage wasnt great for me personally

I then decided to go and try slimming world. 13 days into it I am enjoying the food and the cooking and would reccomend it to anyone. I do a lot of exercise and find the food you are able to eat gives me the energy I need and fills me up so cheating isnt as tempting as on other diets. My cousin has lost 2 stone on it and is 3lbs to target so it does work. I say give it a go and if its not for you go back to the other.

Good luck!

Back