Day one on my SW Journey...

Donte

Hi fellow SW buddys - I am doing a food diary for two reasons, the first is that I have found reading other peoples posts/threads inspirational and has given me the motivation I need to succeed in my quest to the new me and I hope in a few months time someone will read my posts and feel the same. The second reason is that I feel it will keep me on track if I am actually posting to the WWW what I am eating! (Heres hoping)

Breakfast:
2 x Weetabix (HEb)
Greek style Muller Yoghurt - Fat Free (1/2 syn) I mixed them all together so that I could save my milk (HEa) for my daily coffees
Kiwi fruit

Lunch:
Tuna mixed with extra light mayo, chopped spring onion and diced cucumber
Lettuce, Cherry Toms, Peppers & boiled potatoes
(I actually had a huge plate of salad and a few potatoes to make me feel I wasnt being quite so good)

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:
Mushy Pea Curry (The recipe is on this forum and it is amazing... the recipe sounds awful but I can assure you my husband was completely fooled, he hates mushy peas apparently :D)
Rice

With the mushy pea curry I added cauliflower, mushroom and some peas just to make sure 1/3 was superfree...

Well thats it today and I managed to have my usual coffee (I couldnt have it black as I really would feel as though I was depriving myself)

I am feeling really positive and FULL which is the main thing... I have 4 stones to lose and really do feel as though I can achieve it with the help of my group and C and also this amazing forum..

Thanks again guys!

Donte x

Day Two

Well I struggled with the full 2 weetabix this morning so I decided to have 1 which meant to complete my HEb I had a SW Hi light bar :)

I missed Lunch as I was out all day and busy... I actually suprised myself the people I was with had big huge sausage bacon egg and sauce baps for lunch... I wasnt even tempted!!

I did manage to put the slow cooker on before I left this morning so I came home to the lovely smell of Beef Casserole...:D

Breakfast:
1 x Weetabix (HEb)
1 x Greek style fat free yoghurts (1/2 syn)

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:
Beef Casserole (served with mashed potatoes) made in the slow cooker... Diced lean beef, poatatoes, parsnips, carrots, onions, leeks added 3 stock cubes and boiling water.. mixed herbs to taste
6 hours later.... Mmmmmm well what can I say! I have read all about the "Slow cooker" and I couldnt wait to get started... It was absolutely amazing... All my children had clear plates as did hubby and I!!

Semi skimmed milk (HEa) for my coffee and to put a little taste to the mash potatoe I had with my casserole... I also added 2 tsp of flora light (2 syns)

The one thing I am struggling with is using up my syns I dont want to rely on always being this "good" and putting weight back on if I do go up to the 15 syn limit...

Any ideas on some quick syn ideas... NOT ALCOHOL as I am trying to cut that out completely atm...

Still feeling very positive and actually feel like I have more energy...

Thanks for reading

Donte x

Update on Syns I have just had a curly wurly thats 5 syns so that bring me up a little! i had to force it to...
I have also made some Christmas Bran Cake which in total is 8.5 syns or 6 syns and HEb

5 Scan Bran
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1 Tbsp Mincemeat
Sweetener to taste

Soften Scan Bran with boiling water, drain and mash, mix the rest of the ingredients in together thoroughly and microwave for 6 mins

Thats it done.... We had a taster of it in group this week and can now have a cube or two with coffee tomorrow for syns! :D

Last edited:
Hiya- found your diary! wow seems like you have got the plan sussed and your food looks great :) Quick syn ideas...alpen lights are 3 sysns, velvet crunch crisps are lovely and are 4 syns, treat size chocolate bars (or even full sized ones if you have a days spare) ice lollies go down well with me..jaffa cakes, mini rolls etc. Often I use mine as ingredients in meals such as oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce, chorizo etc. Ooh sainsburys do some lovely sausages that are only half a syn each :D

Hiya- found your diary! wow seems like you have got the plan sussed and your food looks great :) Quick syn ideas...alpen lights are 3 sysns, velvet crunch crisps are lovely and are 4 syns, treat size chocolate bars (or even full sized ones if you have a days spare) ice lollies go down well with me..jaffa cakes, mini rolls etc. Often I use mine as ingredients in meals such as oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce, chorizo etc. Ooh sainsburys do some lovely sausages that are only half a syn each :D

Hello there.... Wow thanks for the ideas for syns... :D Which sausages are only half a syn??? I NEED some! Thanks for reading my diary, please feel free to point anything out you see thats not quite right!!

Donte x

Hi Donte good luck with your diary and I will be looking in on it. If your curly wurly was 26g it has 6 syns value not 5 just a pointer :) I made the curly wurly scan bran cake that was also lovely especially eaten warm yummmmmmm

No probs! just checked syns online and these are the sainsburys half syn sausages
"
Be Good to Yourself Extra Lean Pork Cumberland Sausages, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each" They really are the best of the diet and low syn sausages what I've tried

:)
x

Hi Donte good luck with your diary and I will be looking in on it. If your curly wurly was 26g it has 6 syns value not 5 just a pointer :) I made the curly wurly scan bran cake that was also lovely especially eaten warm yummmmmmm

Hi there

Thanks for that... I was counting it as 5... Oops! How do you make the curly wurly one? That sounds fab!! :D

Donte x

No probs! just checked syns online and these are the sainsburys half syn sausages
"
Be Good to Yourself Extra Lean Pork Cumberland Sausages, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each" They really are the best of the diet and low syn sausages what I've tried

:)
x

Thanks for that Joanne I am off to Sainsburys tomorrow... Really fancy a full cooked breakfast on Sunday I havent had one in ages... I can have one and still stick to the SW plan... I hope I am doing this right I have a feeling that I wont lose any this weigh in as I dont feel hungry??? Therefore not doing it right?? Surely I should feel some hunger??

Thanks for that Joanne I am off to Sainsburys tomorrow... Really fancy a full cooked breakfast on Sunday I havent had one in ages... I can have one and still stick to the SW plan... I hope I am doing this right I have a feeling that I wont lose any this weigh in as I dont feel hungry??? Therefore not doing it right?? Surely I should feel some hunger??

That's the beauty of slimming world..you honestly never have to go hungry! I know how you feel though, in my first week i was convinced that i wouldn't have a loss but i did :) I see no reason why you won't!

I can't wait for my brekkie tomorrow..syn free pancakes with golden syrup and fruit. Diet?? what diet?! ;) x

No probs. Pretty much the same as your xmas bran cake. 4 scan bran, 2 eggs, 4 tbsps of sweetener I used canderel, 1 sachet of Belgian choc options, 1 26g curly wurly. Soften the scan bran, beat the eggs and add to the scan bran along with the other ingredients, breaking the curly wurly into bits. Then microwave for 6 mins, it should be nice and moist. The whole cake is 12 syns divide it up as you wish yummy

No probs. Pretty much the same as your xmas bran cake. 4 scan bran, 2 eggs, 4 tbsps of sweetener I used canderel, 1 sachet of Belgian choc options, 1 26g curly wurly. Soften the scan bran, beat the eggs and add to the scan bran along with the other ingredients, breaking the curly wurly into bits. Then microwave for 6 mins, it should be nice and moist. The whole cake is 12 syns divide it up as you wish yummy

MMmmmmm It really doesnt feel like I am on a diet at all!! :D

Thank you I cant wait to get to group and get more scan bran to make more cakes... The only problem is the kids and hubby eat most of them!! Grrrrr lol

Yay for you! Your food diary sounds amazing so far! Keep it up :) and good luck for your first weigh in!

Apparently Holland & Barrett sell them too if you dont want to wait until class?

Really... Thanks for that I know where I am off to tomorrow... :eek:)

Yay for you! Your food diary sounds amazing so far! Keep it up :) and good luck for your first weigh in!

Thank you I have very much enjoyed my diet so far... Surely "Enjoy" and "Diet" dont belong in the same sentence? They certainly havent until now anyhow and I have tried almost every diet possible...

Donte x

Day Three

Again today I havent felt hungry or starved at all... :D

Breakfast:
Toast with Baked Beans (2 x WM mini loaf) HEb
Flora Light (2.5 Syns)

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Left over Chicken Mushy Pea Curry MMMMmmmmmm (Tastes just as good warmed up)

Dinner:
Meatballs in a beef stock with lots of Vegetables (Butternut squash, sweet potatoe, carrotts, Leeks, mushrooms, celery) Thickened with granules (3 Syns)
cooked in the slow cooker it was absolutely delicious....

Snack to follow whilst watching X Factor:
Christmas Bran Cake (2 Syns)

Coffee throughout the day with milk (250ml HEa)

I am absolutely stuffed as I type and my portion size has naturally decreased... I keep having doubts that I am doing it right as I seriously feel satisfied and not craving anything at all...???? Very strange, but if the scales say different on Wednesday I shall start to believe lol

Thanks again for reading, I am going to try making my own rice pud tomorrow I have found a recipe on here which looks easy enough for an amateur!

Donte x

Your doing great Donte and if your not feeling hungry then the plan is working :) my c always says you should never feel hungry with so much choice and free foods

Your doing great Donte and if your not feeling hungry then the plan is working :) my c always says you should never feel hungry with so much choice and free foods

Thanks again Texty F, Its just getting my head around the 1/3 superfree thats bothering me... I am sure it will all become clearer the more I am on the diet... What if I am eating all this free food and actually not eating enough superfree?? Also what if I've missed some syns...?? Oh the pressure!! lol I am sure its just newbie nerves...

Lol Could you post a few pics of your meals and then people can see what your having and help/guide if your not having enough. Lots of people at my class eat there 1/3 superfree first and then what ever is left on the plate, which means theyre full up on the superfree and less likely to eat anything they shouldnt. If your documenting everything ( yes everything) that goes in your mouth then you should also see if/where your going wrong. It sounds like your doing ok to me. Just never be afraid to ask

Lol Could you post a few pics of your meals and then people can see what your having and help/guide if your not having enough. Lots of people at my class eat there 1/3 superfree first and then what ever is left on the plate, which means theyre full up on the superfree and less likely to eat anything they shouldnt. If your documenting everything ( yes everything) that goes in your mouth then you should also see if/where your going wrong. It sounds like your doing ok to me. Just never be afraid to ask

I will definitely start posting pics from tomorrow... I didnt take any pics of the food the past few days!
I truely believe I would be struggling without the help and advice from everyone on here!!

Donte x

Day Four

Brunch:
Bacon
2 x WW Sausage (1 Syn)
Baked Beans
Tomatoes
Mushroom
Egg
2x WM Mini Loaf (HEb)
Flora light (2.5 Syns)

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:
Gammon (Slow cooked MMMmmmm)
Swede
Carrots
Potatoes
Stuffing (2 Syns)
1 Yorkshire Pud (2.5 Syns)
Gravy (3 Syns)

Drinks:
No sugar Cordial
Coffee with Milk (HEa)

I may even treat myself to a piece of Christmas Bran Cake to watch the Xfactor results with a cuppa! :D

I didnt get chance to try the rice pud as I have been out most of the day keeping active!! I will definitely try it tomorrow though!
I remembered about taking photos to post AFTER I'd eaten... Oops I will remember tomorrow.
Thanks again for reading guys and please feel free to give any advice on what I've eaten...

Donte x

Back