Total Solution day one!!

louise1991

Hey everyone my name is Louise. im very new to discussion forums and also VLCDs. im 21 years old and have around 5 n a half or 6 stone to lose.
i dont make a great wage so i chose to start exante as it is by far the cheapest vlcd i have seen when i was researching. Last year i attempted a vlcd
called all about w8. its basically the same but you have 4 packs a day. it was costing me £53 per week. i only lasted 3 days as i will admit i was just being
lazy and i was not motivated enouggh. i just didnt want to loose the weight that much. that was last year in may, and since then i have put 2 extra stone on :/ i think these type of diets sound very hard and need alot of determination to start. so i was researching and thinking about exante for over a month, and the other day i walked to the shop and realised i was really out of breath. iv never felt like that n i just realised its my weight. i felt disgusted with myself n need a change. so i ordered the packs and im sipping on my first shake (vanilla) just now. were off to a good start as it tastes much better than the packs on allaboutw8. i think the variety bumper pack is a very good price and will give me the chance to test out what i like and what i dont. i also ordered 3 porridge oats packs, i liked them on the last diet i did. i think the bars are a good idea because i like texture in foods and the bar will help me think im still eating normally, chewing away instead of just drinking shakes n soups :) anyway i just wanted to tell everyone my story and i really have enjoyed reading other posts, has really helped to motivate me. The exante website wasnt very helpful when it came to a list of foods to eat in your 4th week. im not worried about that right now but i will be. and i have a question, is it gonna be every 4th week or every 5th week?like iv started today so in 3 fridays will it be time? or in 4 fridays time?lol xxxx

Hello and welcome!

The diet really works, but it can be tough at times. After a week or so the weight losses really motivate you to carry on though and the time flies by. It only feels like a few weeks ago that I was wearing Evans and supermarket clothes, and yesterday I was trying on size 16 clothes in 'normal' shops!

The adding a meal week in week 5 is personal preference and they say you should do it to cover themselves as we are not being monitored like on other VLCD likes LL and CD. I personally didn't add a meal until last week in preparation for a few days off plan when I went away. I came back on total solution with no problems and I think I was ready for the extra meals at that point.

Others do one day a week when they add a meal. My advice would be to give it a few weeks and just see how you feel, and gauge if you are ready to commit to adding a meal, while being able to get back on TS after.

Meals should be low fat and low carb. Eggs, ham, chicken and turkey are great with small salads or veg. There is a thread somewhere with a list of ketosis friendly foods but I can't link it as in using my phone.

Good luck, keep coming on here for support and look forward to feeling fab!!

How are you getting on? I'm restarting tomorrow. It's taken me ages to get the motivation back , it seems like when you loose it, then there's trouble. Like jojo says, wait a few weeks if you can before thinking about adding any food. It's hard though. I never managed it. I ended up doing ws and having chicken salad in the evening. I was loosing plenty of weight though so don't get down on yourself if you do it that way.

Good luck!

Hello, welcome and good luck for your 1st week :)

Hey :) its day 3 of ts for me. I slipped up last night and had a small salad of lettuce, cucumber spring onion and tuna with no dressing, just a little salt. I feel terrible that i cheated but i was so starving! I must not be in ketosis yet as im still hungry all the time. I thought i would enjoy the bars the most, but i have to say they are really dry n not nice. I wish i just got the shakes n soups, but i will continue to eat them til next month when i know what to order. Iv not had headaches but i feel really sick n sore tummy all the time. I know this is a side effect, n i have tried to drink more water, i find myself boking alot when trying to drink. Does this feeling go away? Its horrible but im not giving up, lookibg at old pics of myself motivates me. Its really hard tho il not lie. Does the pain ease? And will i feel less tired n groggy? Thanks for the welcome girls :) xxx

Hello and welcome!

The diet really works, but it can be tough at times. After a week or so the weight losses really motivate you to carry on though and the time flies by. It only feels like a few weeks ago that I was wearing Evans and supermarket clothes, and yesterday I was trying on size 16 clothes in 'normal' shops!

The adding a meal week in week 5 is personal preference and they say you should do it to cover themselves as we are not being monitored like on other VLCD likes LL and CD. I personally didn't add a meal until last week in preparation for a few days off plan when I went away. I came back on total solution with no problems and I think I was ready for the extra meals at that point.

Others do one day a week when they add a meal. My advice would be to give it a few weeks and just see how you feel, and gauge if you are ready to commit to adding a meal, while being able to get back on TS after.

Meals should be low fat and low carb. Eggs, ham, chicken and turkey are great with small salads or veg. There is a thread somewhere with a list of ketosis friendly foods but I can't link it as in using my phone.

Good luck, keep coming on here for support and look forward to feeling fab!!

Wow!!! Reading your reply has inspired me sooooooo much!:D You have done a fantastic job, and given me that push to keep going. I am on my 7th day now and sometimes wonder if i can keep this up. I do enjoy the shakes and im loving how i feel right now, but sometimes i just think can i really do this longer. Seeing your results and reading your post just made me realise i can do this, and hopefully soon i will be able to shop in the shops i want to and get rid of all the hand me downs ive been given from my mum and sister, who are also overweight.

Nicola x

Hi. It does get better. Im on day 7 now, but i did have that really hungry feeling yesterday and i just had to keep drinking cups and cups of black coffee and hot boullion to get me through. Dont worry too much about falling of the wagon a bit, we are only human after all lol. Just pick yourself up and keep going. So far ive not had any headaches or tummy upsets, but i read some where that it does eventually get easier once you go into ketosis. I think i must be there right now as my breath nearly knocked me out today lol, so ive bought myself a breath freshner spray which seems to help a little. Hope it gets easier for you soon!!

:)

Stick with it, and it well get easier. :)

Try hard the first few days not to 'slip up' - stopping and startng just makes it even harder as you are delaying ketosis.

All the very best :D

Thanks for the comments, iv done well today no slip ups :) and tried black coffee with no sugar or sweetner n i really like it. Its night time i get hungry coz for years now i have gorged evwry night on crisps n choc n ready meals etc. I was probs eating around 4000 cal per day n nothing was healthy. So its a shock to my system. Iv been running to the loo literally every five mins due to the water, but i like the feeling, makes u feel clean inside if that makes any sense. Iv got bad skin also and im hoping the water n diet will help it. Day 7 does feel a long way away right now. But im too motivated now. An ex bf called me a 'fat cow' today to my face. To be honest that made me want to go to the chinese n order a huge munch as iv always turned to food for comfort. But not this time, il show him!! Can i ask, what is boullion? And where can i get it? Lol thanks girls :) xxx

Thanks for the comments, iv done well today no slip ups :) and tried black coffee with no sugar or sweetner n i really like it. Its night time i get hungry coz for years now i have gorged evwry night on crisps n choc n ready meals etc. I was probs eating around 4000 cal per day n nothing was healthy. So its a shock to my system. Iv been running to the loo literally every five mins due to the water, but i like the feeling, makes u feel clean inside if that makes any sense. Iv got bad skin also and im hoping the water n diet will help it. Day 7 does feel a long way away right now. But im too motivated now. An ex bf called me a 'fat cow' today to my face. To be honest that made me want to go to the chinese n order a huge munch as iv always turned to food for comfort. But not this time, il show him!! Can i ask, what is boullion? And where can i get it? Lol thanks girls :) xxx

Hi louise1991.

I know what you are going through re the comfort eating, food was my best friend when i was stressed, but thank God i can now put an end to the vicious cycle i was going through. Just try turning any negative criticism you get from anyone into a positive by sticking to this diet and enjoying the results it brings. It isn't nice being on the receiving end of nasty comments from ignorant people but a lot of the times its just the push people need to make positive changes in their lives. I believe you will can do this!!! You show him!!!

The boullion is a vegetable stock you can buy the reduced salt is the best when on this type of diet i think, and you can have it hot as alternative to black coffee/ tea etc, and it tastes good too:). You can also add it to the soups too which makes them taste even better HTH.

XX

Wow!!! Reading your reply has inspired me sooooooo much!:D You have done a fantastic job, and given me that push to keep going. I am on my 7th day now and sometimes wonder if i can keep this up. I do enjoy the shakes and im loving how i feel right now, but sometimes i just think can i really do this longer. Seeing your results and reading your post just made me realise i can do this, and hopefully soon i will be able to shop in the shops i want to and get rid of all the hand me downs ive been given from my mum and sister, who are also overweight.

Nicola x

Aww thanks! I feel really flattered that I inspire someone!

I do remember reading this forum when I started and seeing people at a similar stage to where I am now and thinking the same. I also remember thinking that it would feel like forever to get there but after the first week or so the time flies by :D

Iv got bad skin also and im hoping the water n diet will help it. Day 7 does feel a long way away right now. But im too motivated now. An ex bf called me a 'fat cow' today to my face. To be honest that made me want to go to the chinese n order a huge munch as iv always turned to food for comfort. But not this time, il show him!! Can i ask, what is boullion? And where can i get it? Lol thanks girls :) xxx

Hi again Louise. Regarding the above:

1. I used to get a few spots due to my rubbish diet, not loads but always had the odd one. My skin has improved massively - no spots and just looks brighter and fresher.
2. You say day 7 seems a long way off - I am not going to lie, but the first week felt like a lifetime to me, and the second wasn't much better. But I swear after that it has flown. I cannot believe I have been here since just after New Year.
3. Your Ex sounds like he is an Ex for a good reason. Don't waste any time or emotion thinking about him. This is your body, your weightloss and you are a million times more important than him. Do you really want a chinese over someone as worthless as that?
4. I got Bullion from Tesco and had it a lot in the first few weeks. Buy the purple tub, low salt one as high salt could lead to water retention.

Get through this first little bit and it will be fine from then on xxx

Back