Day two... feeling better

Carlyd88

Hi All,

I thought I would introduce myself as I am very new to the CWP and I don't really know anyone to have ever done the diet so I am sure there will be lots more advice on here than I will get anywhere else.

So a quick introduction about me...

I'm 24 years old, 5ft nothing and 11st7lb. I have never been comfortable with my weight but since having my beautiful daughter 2 and a half years ago I am now much less happy with the excess flab going on! I have dabbled with WW a few times and as much as I love the plan I have never stuck to it long enough to see the real results, I guess I am impatient! So basically I see CWP as the more 'drastic' option for me, I have a really unhealthy relationship with food, by that I mean I LOVE IT! And I mean that, I just love eating, and I will eat until I am full enough to feel the stomach stretch. It's pretty gross really but I now know that and I am really ready to do something drastic about it.

So I started yesterday and boy was it a toughie! I was so hungry between shakes that I felt sick, I had the headache from hell and generally felt like crap! Fortunately my consultant had prepared me for the headaches and I was prepared for the hunger pains anyway so I saw it as the plan working rather than I want to give in and eat a burger now (mmmm burger). I am doing well on the water intake, thankfully I love green tea and peppermint tea and I have pretty much had a full mug for the past two days, I also have a 2L bottle sat on the desk which I have now finished (just about to top up) and it makes the water intake really easy, seeing how much I have consumed, literally right in front of me is a really good thing.

I am on step 1 SS'ing entirely, day two is already feeling easier but I am still thinking about eating!

So now I go on to my concerns/advice that I am seeking:

• Do the headaches subside and if so how quickly (yesterday was really bad, particularly in the evening, I am dreading it being like it again tonight)
  • Do you ever really stop craving food?
  • How easy is it to go in to maintenance and keep the weight off? The reason I ask this is because a lot of the posts I read are people returning and there isn't much talk about what happens when you have lost the weight
  • Any advice on when I can expect days where it may be particularly hard
  • Can you ever have drink sugar free drinks? Squash/sugar free fizzy drinks?
  • Can I suck on a mint?

I am desperate for this to work but I am really concerned that I am going to undo all of the hard work when I go back to normal eating (obviously my intentions are not to go back to my old eating habits!) but I fully intend to eat food again one day!

Thanks to anyone in advance - sorry for my lengthy intro!

So now I go on to my concerns/advice that I am seeking:

• Do the headaches subside and if so how quickly (yesterday was really bad, particularly in the evening, I am dreading it being like it again tonight)
  • Do you ever really stop craving food?
  • How easy is it to go in to maintenance and keep the weight off? The reason I ask this is because a lot of the posts I read are people returning and there isn't much talk about what happens when you have lost the weight
  • Any advice on when I can expect days where it may be particularly hard
  • Can you ever have drink sugar free drinks? Squash/sugar free fizzy drinks?
  • Can I suck on a mint?

I am desperate for this to work but I am really concerned that I am going to undo all of the hard work when I go back to normal eating (obviously my intentions are not to go back to my old eating habits!) but I fully intend to eat food again one day!

Thanks to anyone in advance - sorry for my lengthy intro!

Hi Carly

Welcome :)

I'm new too and also on day 2. What step are you doing.

i can answer some of you questions as my old manager has done this diet and lost 5stones.

you will get headaches for the first couple of days the reason being is your cutting down on your carbs, the trick is to drink loss of water. Also if the pain is to much then take some tables.

you will never stop craving food but your body need adjust to your new ratting plan.

For maintenance you can't not go back to the way you use to eat - a good book to keep you on track is the GI pocket guide shopping and eating out foods and drinks - this booking will show you high fat food and low fat food in tariff ice colours - always remember green is always best.

The first few days is usually the hardest.

Yes you can have sugar free drinks but you need to look in your cambridge Guide book on which step allows you to do this. I think it's on step 2 or 3 but you only can have low amounts.

I don't no about having mints but I you can have breath mint spray or mouthwash.

I hope this info helps - please don't be put off what others done - this may work for you or may not but at lest you can say you tried it.

good luck and I wish all the best.

Congratulation for getting this far :)

Thank you for your response!

I am doing step one, three shakes a day. I am actually finding it relatively easy during the day and not thinking about food at all (apart from day one when I would have chewed my arm off!). It's is in the evenings that things get difficult I am definitely one to eat out of boredom so of course the evenings were going to be hardest, I guess it is a case of kicking the habit!

The headaches are definitely getting easier but still not gone completely, I did have to resort to some ibuprofen yesterday!

Day three now and feeling good! It's early days but if I don't have some sort of weight loss by next week I will be rather confused! It is a tough diet but the fact that the results can be seen so quickly make it worthwhile, it also helps with the motivation I guess - hopefully I will be able to confirm this when I go for my weigh in next Monday!

Thank you for your support, how is it going for you?

Hi

I'm on day 3 now - I'm feeling really good today - I'm on step 1 SS

For me I find it easier when I'm at work because I can keep myself busy but when at home I find it harder.

The main thing is to break out of your habits.

I just can't wait to hear how much I have lost dis week.

I hope the advise I gave you help you.

Like I said before just try it and if if work keep going, that is the only way you no.

this is one of the hardest diet to follow but I like it because it keeps me in control and learn to say NO.

So I am finding day four a drag... I found day three better than today! I keep thinking about food - a lot - and it isn't good. Feeling very distracted at work which obviously isn't a great thing. Concerned about this evening more than anything!

How is your day four going?

I am having praise all round for how well I am doing but seeing as I have only been doing this for four days (well not even) it seems a bit crazy to think that I shouldn't be doing well!

Hope it goes well for you and you stick to it,I know what you mean about thinking about food,whenever I diet food is always on my mind and thinking errm what times dinner?what can I have next!,keep up the good work and can't wait to see how much you have lost next week.x

Hey,
I have that issue!! I often would eat two double cheese burgers with bacon and onion rings for lunch then have tea. I love food. I love eating. I love rich flavours. I'm on day 5 of the cambridge diet. So I can answer your questions only really from my experience.

I had two days with a sore head, day 3 and day 4. Day 3 was a nightmare. It was so bad my head was swimming, it kept me awake even when I had taken pain killers. But since then its been fine. woooo :D :D I guess that is one good reason for me not to fall of the waggon and have to start over. Its was hell, I could not do anything other than lie down and listen to an audio book.

Yeah When I woke up day 4 I was not craving food. Its strange, I can talk about food without it being torture I mean right now I am hungry I could eat my own socks. But I won't because I have two more shakes to drink and I think two more pints of water. I'm choosing this, so I'm making a choice to just get on with it. As hard as it is when there is a 4 cheese garlic bread sitting in the fridge (not mine) I think you get used to it, and learn to have a different relationship with food. I know that I have eaten enough, I don't need anything else. So I will go drink water and get on with the stuff I need to do.

I think that the journey does not stop at the target weight. I think that is the hard thing. A lot of people get to their target then leave the support group, or leave the diet and slip back.
I would advice, keep coming on hear, offering advice (because then you will have been there done that) Before buying anything or eating anything take a step back, do I need this, why I'm I buying it. will I feel bad after, its it worth it. Could I get myself something else nice instead.
Its not easy, people think well this is temporary for a few weeks. till the weight is off then things go back to normal.
But the point is to make a new normal. Make new healthy habits.
I really do believe sugar is addictive, that is why we can get withdrawals from it as well, and explains the high it causes. I believe I'm a sugar addict but that society almost sees it as acceptable. But I very much doubt all the excuses I give my self for eating a whole multi pack of crisps would wash if it was coke or vodka lol.
It is really hard, I'm not there yet. I know I will struggle. Just hoping I can learn some good skills now to deal with it.

I think going into ketosis is the hardest part, it seems to be the time when the withdrawals from sugar and carbs are at there worst at the same time as other things are going on. Though maybe I'm not the best one to answer that since I'm just at the start of my journey.

You can only have what is in the book for each step. So step one Sole source is just the shakes, sole source plus is shakes plus a meal or a milk allowance. I think diet soda comes in on step 3 or 4. Not sure on that one it's in the book I think.

Mints are not on the list, I would think it depends on why you're wanting mints. Sugar free gum is good I find for breath issues because of the ketosis. But I have been told that chewing redies the tummy for food, so it can make you feel hungry. Mints have sugar and calories in them. So I guess too many could bring you out of ketosis and reduce the amount of weight you could lose. I would recommend sipping water instead. I take a bottle with me everywhere now.

Keep up the hard work :D good luck with your goals :)

Firelass... thank you! What a positive outlook you have on the start of your journey and such good and true advice!

Yesterday I was very much considering sugar free drinks and mints - it was a bad day. Today I have the exact opposite opinion, I feel very positive and I honestly believe I can stick to this for as long as necessary. I have never hit my target weight because my drive tends to dwindle when I start feeling better about myself - which is ridiculous, one take away a week turns into two then it becomes acceptable to stop planning dinners and then the fall back on take away's becomes the norm. That is how it is for me anyway and I can see how disgusting my eating habits get so I am hoping CWP can get me to that much longed for target weight and I will learn and understand what got me to this weight in the first place (blaming my pregnancy is no longer acceptable given it was 2 and a half years ago now). I genuinely think seeing the results will help me stick with it. I will take your advice when I get to my target weight (which I WILL) and continue to visit the forums and visit my CWPC as often as necessary to keep me on track.

I am all over the breath freshening spray at the moment, it's quite funny the looks I get spraying a million times a day in the office :) I actually think I am becoming addicted! My CWPC advised me to stay away from chewing gum if I could because, like you said, the chewing action prepares your tummy for food making you hungry. I am glad I have done this as now I am not relying on gum, which I probably would have.

How is day 6 for you? I am shocked by the difference a day makes! Tomorrow will be a new test for my first weekend. I have my weigh in Monday so I won't be being naughty!

Thanks Jo Jo, all of this support is soooo welcome! I agree with the 'what's next' last night after my soup my immediate thought was what can I have that is sweet! It is definitely becoming easier - loving day 5 :)

Back