1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by dazd1970, 26 July 2013 Social URL.

1. dazd1970

dazd1970 Gold Member

This will be hit and miss to start with so please feel free to butt in and comment, i willingly take constructive criticism and need all the help i can get. Nearly lost the will to carry on this last week so need to get back on track.

And now, counting my food, if i can keep up with organising it.

Here goes :D

Today, Friday 26th July.

Breakfast

2 slices of toast (brown 800g) with 3 cheese triangles, coffee = HXa(3 triangles = 60% of allowance + 75 ml milk for coffee), HXb, extra slice of bread 4 syns.

Mid morning drink

Mocha, Kelloggs biscuit moment chocolate (3 spoons hot chocolate = 3 syns, 25 ml milk HXb, 100 ml milk 2 1/2 syns, biscuit 5 syns)

Lunch

Madras curry (homemade) boiled potatoes (creme fraiche 5 syns, all other ingredients Free)

Dinner

Chicken and pasta in sauce (homemade)
    Pudding (quark, mullerlight, strawberries, sweetener, meringue 3 syns)

Wow, and there was me thinking i have hardly any syns, surprising when you start writing it down. And this is why i weigh on a Friday, i will be having a beer now as well. :D (nearest i can find to the brand i drink is 7 1/2 syns :cry:)

So, HXa, done, HXb done, will make an effort tomorrow with the super and free foods, and clearly the syns (30 :cry:) are far to high. Shall make up for that after the weekend.

Last edited: 26 July 2013
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Hi Daz, Good for you keeping going despite feeling a bit at odds with things.
    I find diaries are the best way to keep on track..as you say it's surprising how things add up.
    I am not doing the SW like yourself (tbh I don't understand it!)
    You are doing very well so keep up the good work..and by.the.way it's..

Onwards and Downwards!!

4. dazd1970

dazd1970 Gold Member

Thanks Emmaline, (i can hear Errol Brown every time i see that name, love the song). I just hope im doing it right. I get the gist of it, just about, but i like how it works, just needed to do this to ensure im following the plan properly.

5. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

I'm quite sure you'll get there daz... I've been reading your blog so you have been doing very well and adding the beer is good if that's what floats your boat! :D
    Big breath and forward march!! .. :happy096:

6. dazd1970

dazd1970 Gold Member

Im determined to get back to at least 12 st, although everywhere says i should actually be 10 st. Pfffft, cant see it. lol.

I have never stopped having a beer, its not something i have a lot of now, not since the stroke. A lot different than before and when i was managing pubs. :D

7. Jodieboo

Jodieboo Gold Member

What plan are you following Daz? Extra easy, original or green? x

8. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Daz you seem like you're good at working out the syns, but is it 4 syns for the extra slice of bread, I thought it was 3 & seeing as you're a tad over for today that 1 syn matters!!!!!

9. Jodieboo

Jodieboo Gold Member

I didn't think brown bread was a hXb? I may be wrong because I use an old directory but I thought it was only wholemeal or the WW brown danish that was hXb?

10. dazd1970

dazd1970 Gold Member

According to the syns list on slimming world site

[TABLE="width: 300"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: synResultTextStyle"]Basic, Bread, Wholemeal bread, 800g loaf, 1 med slice [/TD]
    [TD="class: greenSyn"]4[/TD]
    [TD="class: addSynsToDiary"] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

11. Jodieboo

Jodieboo Gold Member

Oops sorry Daz, got my wires crossed, I thought you meant brown bread and not wholemeal :) ignore me! :D

12. dazd1970

dazd1970 Gold Member

My fault, i put brown and forgot to change it to wholemeal.

13. Jodieboo

Jodieboo Gold Member

14. Happy Holidays

15. dazd1970

dazd1970 Gold Member

It is wholemeal bread, from an 800g loaf, at 4 syns, according to slimming world.

16. dazd1970

dazd1970 Gold Member

17. dazd1970

dazd1970 Gold Member

Saturday 27th July

Breakfast

Coffee (50 ml dash milk) x 2 (HEa) 1 dash = 20% of milk allowance

Bacon, eggs, beans, 1 slice toast (wholemeal 800g) with marmite, mushroom, tomato, coffee (HEb, HEa 3rd dash milk for coffee = 60%)

Mid Morning

Hot chocolate (Cadbury's Hot Chocolate Instant - 1 syn per tsp) 3 syns

Lunch

Fresh Strawberries covered in Strawberry Mullerlight, followed by a banana. (i WILL pull back yesterdays indulgences)

Dinner

Turkey Burgers (homemade ww recipe) salad (ABORTED)

Instead i had 3 cups of coffee and a costa mocha. (2.5 syns for the extra milk in coffee, 7.5 syns for the mocha)

This will be modified as the day progresses.

Last edited: 28 July 2013
  18. Happy Holidays

Daz I also buy 800grm loaves as it works out cheaper, but I weigh the bread so it adds up to 60grms, it does pi$$ OH off a bit as there is often half a slice of bread in there but it saves on those extra odd syns, just a thought!

19. dazd1970

dazd1970 Gold Member

Im happy to stick with my plan. The options on Slimming World site (just checked, again) are :-

60g of any wholemeal bread
    1 slice wholemeal bread, any brand (800g sliced loaf)

Obviously there are many other choices but we are only on about these. lol.

20. Happy Holidays

21. Jodieboo

Jodieboo Gold Member

Afternoon Daz :) Hope today is serving you well!

Food looking good today, when's tea? I'll nip round lmao :p